• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Gaga looks amazing.

ikSS4xa6ziTqH.gif

Icicle

Gorls, perhaps I being optimistic here, but I think Ciara might have found herself a winner in "Body Party". Rihanus may finally be on ha way out!

The song just came out 3 days ago (to positive reviews, at that), and the song is already getting some airplay. But what I think is more promising/exciting is that many, if not half of the Urban stations already have it available for request. It's no secret that Ciara is not one of those people that get adds on Day 1 because they're big names and a new song is its own event.

Granted, being able to play the song doesn't mean that stations necessarily will. I just did quite a bit of requesting, and I hope some of you others might. Even if you're not a Ciara fan, you'd be lying if you said the song wasn't good. Do it in the name of bring R&B back to the forefront of the music scene.

Fingers crossed!

tumblr_mcf7rjkXEW1qbite0o1_500.gif

Been bopping to it non-stop

DMeisterJ

Banned
Gorls, perhaps I being optimistic here, but I think Ciara might have found herself a winner in "Body Party". Rihanus may finally be on ha way out!

The song just came out 3 days ago (to positive reviews, at that), and the song is already getting some airplay. But what I think is more promising/exciting is that many, if not half of the Urban stations already have it available for request. It's no secret that Ciara is not one of those people that get adds on Day 1 because they're big names and a new song is its own event.

Granted, being able to play the song doesn't mean that stations necessarily will. I just did quite a bit of requesting, and I hope some of you others might. Even if you're not a Ciara fan, you'd be lying if you said the song wasn't good. Do it in the name of bring R&B back to the forefront of the music scene.

Fingers crossed!

tumblr_mcf7rjkXEW1qbite0o1_500.gif

Been bopping to it non-stop

Um.

Rih and Ci can coexist in the music industry, but if push ever came to shove, Rih would be picked over Ci any day of the week. No hit that Ciara gets in the future will be bigger than a Rihanna song. She can (and has been) trying for a few years. Her relevance is over.

Body party is a usable song tho.

Mau ®

Rihanus may finally be on ha way out!

hardlaughing.gif

laughter-uncontrollable.gif

iob8qCIJ6WQzD.gif

The reaching the C-Squids do these days. Your fave should first be concerned over surpassing the likes of Kelly Rowland and Keri Hilson before even coming 1000 miles near Rihanna and her countless hits.

This is JUST like the time you swore Brandi was gonna slay.
lmfao.gif

The only party that's gonna be happeninG is backstage at the Diamonds World Tour for its numerous sold out arenas AND STADIUMS (has C-Error ever even BEEN to a stadium, much less perform in one!?!?!??!!).
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

Bladenic

hardlaughing.gif

iob8qCIJ6WQzD.gif

The reaching the C-Squids do these days. Your fave should first be concerned over surpassing the likes of Kelly Rowland and Keri Hilson before even coming 1000 miles near Rihanna and her countless hits.

lmfao.gif

The only party that's gonna be happeninG is backstage at the Diamonds World Tour for its numerous sold out arenas AND STADIUMS (has C-Error ever even BEEN to a stadium, much less perform in one!?!?!??!!).
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

LMAO drag sis. GO IN on ha.

mad-men-peggy-counting-money.gif

Mau ®

Question time gerls:

Post pics or videos of your fave style/look your fave has had.

My fave Rih look was actually her Prince of Persia-inspired look on her "Where Have You Been" video.

NEW-VIDEO-Rihannas-Where-Have-You-Been.jpg

Second would be her look on the Rolling Stone cover during her LOUD era

pict.php

DMeisterJ

Banned
hardlaughing.gif

iob8qCIJ6WQzD.gif

lmfao.gif

lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

Kiii at this clock

Rih's first week sales of Unapologetic outsold the lifetime sales of Fantasy Ride and Basic Instinct.
lmfao.gif

Like, our fave's first week was better than a whole era from his fave
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

Bye

DMeisterJ

Banned
1. Rihanna
2. Britney Spears
3. Taylor Swift
4. Ke$ha
5. Carly Rae Jepsen
6. Florence Welch
7. Nicki Minaj
8. Pink
9. Loreen
10. Alicia Keys

The global impacT

x

Nemesis_

My first major solo project is going to be announced soon.

It is Community base, and the first phase will be rolled out within the hour

Icicle

Icicle please don't drag Rih too hard. I can feel the essay cominG.

I don't think I have it in me to write any essays for a while, so clockings from me will be rare for the time being.

Thankfully, I know my boy Chris Brown will come through for me soon, and I will take credit for the assist.

iobcWnQpojWop.gif

I guess my killer 1-2 hook will break the jaw of a more deserving bitch.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't think I have it in me to write any essays for a while, so clockings from me will be rare for the time being.

Thankfully, I know my boy Chris Brown will come through for me soon, and I will take credit for the assist.

iobcWnQpojWop.gif

Yes, make fun of domestic abuse. But what did I really expect from a flop?

Stay hateful.

botty

Banned
My fave's best looks, imo:

Almost every look during Stripped era... and Xtina's fusion of modern urban and the old school look of the Back 2 Basics era. It was used only once, though...

MdPiPRI.png

Nicki's tamed black wig look:

Mariah's sensual urban look she developed for Butterfly:

Trigger

Cackling.

This is a natural progression of what me and Marius did.

Oh my. Let me percH

Nemesis_

THE FIRST EVER POPGAF COMMUNITY AWARDS WILL BE HELD SOON.

The awards seek to reward not those who give us the music, but the community itself. We are currently in the nominations wave. This means you must nominate for each category with multiple subjects in order to narrow down the pool.

Nominate for the POPGAF COMMUNITY AWARDS today

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS

Nominations will be running until March 31st, 2013 so you have plenty of time to fill out the form. If there are not enough responses I will be extending the deadline though I'm sure this is long enough

And no I won't be leaking anything.

Contracts are being written up as we speak to secure an illustrious host for the ceremony.

iruRwYqFYxO7p.gif

*Name of the Ceremony, Order of the Awards etc. will be finalised in the coming weeks.

I have a major exam towards the end of March so this is why the deadline is so far out

DMeisterJ

Banned

The awards seek to reward not those who give us the music, but the community itself. We are currently in the nominations wave. This means you must nominate for each category with multiple subjects in order to narrow down the pool.

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS

Nominations will be running until March 31st, 2013 so you have plenty of time to fill out the form. If there are not enough responses I will be extending the results.

Contracts are being written up as we speak to secure an illustrious host for the ceremony.

iruRwYqFYxO7p.gif

*Name of the Ceremony, Order of the Awards etc. will be finalised in the coming weeks.

I have a major exam towards the end of March so this is why the deadline is so far out

Bless you for blessing the community with your effortS.

***.***

botty

Banned

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS

Nominations will be running until March 31st, 2013 so you have plenty of time to fill out the form. If there are not enough responses I will be extending the deadline though I'm sure this is long enough

iruRwYqFYxO7p.gif

Here for the seething.

i9dvX1lt1F3Ff.gif

Bladenic

1. Rihanna
2. Britney Spears
3. Taylor Swift
4. Ke$ha
5. Carly Rae Jepsen
6. Florence Welch
7. Nicki Minaj
8. Pink
9. Loreen
10. Alicia Keys

The global impacT

x

Wait

WAIT

Not the reigning Queen of Sweden Loreen clocking in at #9 (ahead of Homewrecker kiii). Her global impact.

Bladenic

Mariah said her album is probably due in May on Jimmy Fallon. I kind of doubt it would be released in only 2 months from now when there's no title, but then that would be right near the end of Idol, so perhaps it might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom