• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a safe space with no room for guilty pleasures so I'll just say that The Only Exception is one of my favorite songs ever. I will never shade Paramore if only because they created such a masterpiece. <3

botty

Banned
Well Paramore are the only "pop" band I'm into really, but a lot of the is the little firecracker behind the mic!

tz6wD6J.gif

Hayley is just awesome. Massive talent, philanthropic, charismatic, articulate and oh so fine!

j5ziF2t.gif

I posted an OT a few weeks back if you want to check it out.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=518367

I enjoy Hayley. She's really cute, too. Even more so since her acne cleared up.

I don't think everyone here knows about Paramore, and I am kinda ignorant to their complete discography, too. Any recommendations? Like your top 5 favorite songs from them?

Isn't your fave Alicia Keys?

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

Case closed.

iTvlw7AgAyc8o.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Saw Paramore live last year and they played The Only Exception and we all got in a big circle and just swayed along to it.

itBvnlUpGTBHx.gif

It was beautiful

Edit: Yes stan The Only Exception!! Truly is a masterpiece

NinjaBoiX

I enjoy Hayley. She's really cute, too. Even more so since her acne cleared up.

I don't think everyone here knows about Paramore, and I am kinda ignorant to their complete discography, too. Any recommendations? Like your top 5 favorite songs from them?
Top 5?

Probably:
Careful
Ignorance
Let the Flames Begin
Fences
Misery Business
The Only Exception is fantastic.
The Only Exception (NRK)

Here's a link from the OP I did. She sounds incredible in this one, it really showcases her voice.

LISTEN TO IT RIGHT NOW!

Aww yiss, pushing the Paramore love!

Mumei

"It" = Beyonce

iKQLxgmNmyHmz.gif

Though, I can totally understand how my advanced stan talk could confuse you:-*

edit: The song is cute, but I feel like you're grading on a curve here. Especially after you showed me those Mariah vids.

I understood what "it" meant, but the conversation - and all of Supe's posts after calling me a Beyonce stan (I am not) - was about whether I stan that particular song. So I was addressing that.

And speaking of Mariah vids, I have decided that her growls are everything. I seriously didn't notice how often she did it and now I hear it all the time.

go away stop this nonsense

Check your PMs already.

botty

Banned
I understood what "it" meant, but the conversation - and all of Supe's posts after calling me a Beyonce stan (I am not) - was about whether I stan that particular song. So I was addressing that.

And speaking of Mariah vids, I have decided that her growls are everything. I seriously didn't notice how often she did it and now I hear it all the time.

Bless. I thought you were always here for her growls, though. Listening to the video, it seems like Mariah adds them in the craziest areas of the lyrics. *.*

My other fave is also quite the growl queen.

Beyoncé’s Musical Style
Pop Fan Version
“First of all, I don't really like n***** music. Now before you act all offended, I would never (publicly) call any Black person a n*****, I’m just saying that Beyoncé usually makes n***** music. R&B/urban/Black people music has never made much sense to me; it's just a bunch of hollering, jungle noises and drums as far as I'm concerned (Attention all R&B artists: You're not in Africa anymore. Please call Dr. Luke! NOW!). I guess Beyoncé thinks she’s too good to use the same overused beats, sounds and producers as her peers, but I don’t see the point in releasing music for any purpose other than going Top 5 on the Hot 100 or appeasing Caucasian bottoms and 12 year olds. Let me just be clear, I don’t completely hate Black music or Black artists. I’ll listen to Black music if it’s performed by White Artists (Adele, Eminem, Amy Winehouse) and I’ll listen to Black artists as long as they are performing European-inspired music, but I don't really care for most of Beyoncé's discography. See, when I'm looking for songs to twerk my taint to, I want less "Treat me with respect and put a ring on it" and more "Fuck me raw and text me when you feel like it". “

R&B Fan Version
“Beyoncé is not a REAL R&B singer. She’s a pop singer. I only listen to REAL music by REAL artists, and by REAL I mean female artists who are less commercially successful and/or physically attractive than Beyoncé, because the only way to be a REAL artist is to be unsuccessful, fat, depressed, beaten or just look generally unfortunate and downtrodden in your face. I don’t listen to generic pop singers like Beyonce and I don’t listen to artists who have sold more than 1 million records in the last 5 years; I only listen to REAL music, by REAL artists who have bad credit and reality shows. “

iRJqQaG9O6DN.gif

I will say after reading the stan dictionary, if y'all are doing it right, everything makes much more sense. Lol. Especially:

• iconic - any random thing by any random person.
  • legend - anything with a vagina and a Soundcloud account.

ib0y0PnfFoVwYi.gif

iy0hWOFa1tpF2.gif

#DEAD

Nemesis_

I see it's hard for the older generations to learn how to use all of the post tool available to them, including the EDIT function.

ibas8lH7uMMjMG.gif

Nemesis_

Perhaps you can use the heat from your gonorrhea infected vagina to turn that sand into glass. Are you excelling in the meanest popgaffer vote?

igddEyunBk35Y.gif

A urethra is not a vagina, which is the main tract that causes "heat" in gonorrhea. Don't come for me with disease.

iuYRUHdPsBUZK.gif

You tried though.

And no I'm not excelling in that award.

Which reminds me - don't forget to vote in the community awards! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15mDxNjb08FlIuuADdQo-E_cXjaK-LRsB6zYBDrAUc-c/viewform

3phemeral

Check your PMs already.
I'm surprised they actually used those two bum growls (Emotions and It's Like That); although, I'm even more so surprised that they didn't add the entire UK performance of "It's Like That," considering she sang the whole song that way.

botty

Banned
I'm surprised they actually used those two bum growls (Emotions and It's Like That); although, I'm even more so surprised that they didn't add the entire UK performance of "It's Like That," considering she sang the whole song that way.

You need to post links when you say things like this<3

Styles

Let us celebrate the premiere of the RED TOUR.

tumblr_mjlwyoUPrp1qzmwijo1_500.gif

Setlist:

1. State of Grace
2. Holy Ground
3. Red
4. You Belong With Me
Video Montage
5. The Lucky One
6. Mean
7. Stay Stay Stay/Ho-Hey Mashup
8. 22

- Carried to B-Stage -
9. I Almost Do( She will most likely rotate the songs each night between Fifteen/White Horse/Ours)
10. Everything Has Changed (w/ Ed Sheeran) [On Rotating, Elevated Circular Platform at B-Stage]
11. Begin Again
12. Sparks Fly (Taylor flies through the audience on a balcony)

- Violin solo from Caitlin -
13. I Knew You Were Trouble
14. All Too Well (Piano)
15. Love Story (Circus Themed)
16. Treacherous (Elevated slope)
Encore
17. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (Grammy Theme)

tumblr_mjmokf02F91roz0v5o1_1280.jpg

3phemeral

*dead*

I couldn't tell the scale at first, but then this gigantic house floats by. I thought that would be the end of the gif (the gif glitched and I didn't see the car until it looped a second time), but then the car showing up, pausing momentarily, backing up, and then busting a u-turn just killed me.

Well Paramore are the only "pop" band I'm into really, but a lot of the appeal is the little firecracker behind the mic!

Hayley is just awesome. Massive talent, philanthropic, charismatic, articulate and oh so fine!
OMG, a Paramore stan. Welcome sis.

I love me some Paramore. I play their music a lot on Spotify. My favorite album to listen to from them is Riot! which is just crazy good. I also like "The Only Exception" and "Now". I love your gifs too. :)

Bladenic

The song is really good too. Shame it probably won't do well. Beyonce's evil power.

In other news, here's reigning Eurovision champ Sweden's 2013 entry.

It's pretty good tbh

It's no Euphoria though. At least they didn't send a copycat of Euphoria. Unlike Germany and Cascada (although Glorious is a bop).

Nemesis_

Stefan&#8482;;50096079 said:
Your shade is even more tiresome and predictable than your faves constant pandering to the LGBT community.

Deriding for tiresome/predictable shade and then mentioning how Gaga panders in the same sentence.

ivNIELI1FaPmR.gif

The height of irony.

Koodo

Banned
Stefan™;50096079 said:
Your shade is even more tiresome and predictable than your faves constant pandering to the LGBT community.
A segment your fave would be petrified of pandering to for fear of alienating her fleet of puritanical inbreds.

iFyt6H4VJDtp7.gif

Nemesis_

Stefan™;50097177 said:
If you've actually bothered to watch the 'Mean' video then you wouldn't be displaying such ignorance.

ibl6YoC0J4cfA8.gif

Isn't that the video of hers that was slammed for being poorly thought out, shallow and pandering to poorly thought out stereotypes?

From "Picture To Burn"

......and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy
That's fine
I'll tell mine you're gay

She certainly seems to put a lot of positive weight on the word "gay".

i4UJBS9wxmWoJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom