• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Top 5?

Probably:
Careful
Ignorance
Let the Flames Begin
Fences
Misery Business

The Only Exception (NRK)

Here's a link from the OP I did. She sounds incredible in this one, it really showcases her voice.

LISTEN TO IT RIGHT NOW!

Aww yiss, pushing the Paramore love!

I'm here for Paramore. Been in love with them since Riot! and brand new eyes is still one of my favorite albums ever. I am super excited for their self-titled. I was a little worried about Now at first, but it's totally grown on me and I love it to pieces.

My top 5 according to last.fm (which y'all should add me on if you have one) is apparently:
Now
Renegade
Monster
Ignorance
Whoa

But I think my actual top 5 is more like:
Where the Lines Overlap
Renegade
Brick by Boring Brick
Misery Business
Pressure

Nemesis_

Ugh is that real?

That's.... really disappointing.

I am a man of science, I never make shit up.

i2mZFirQyCo0u.gif

Fey

Banned
Feel This Moment was on the radio today. Xtina and the Take On Me sample were SLAYING me and then Pitbull and his slow verses came along and absolutely DESTROYED the song.

Stefan™;50107401 said:
Indeed that was the original lyrics. If it's any consolation she wrote the song when she was 14 and felt very bitter towards the person.

Oh, if she was 14 then I don't fault her. People say stupid shit when they're 14. I thought these were recent lyrics or from Red or something.

Styles

Oh, if she was 14 then I don't fault her. People say stupid shit when they're 14. I thought these were recent lyrics or from Red or something.

Have you listened to Red yet? I think you might like a few of the tracks. Aside from the songs that She co-wrote with Max Martin Her song writing has become much more refined compared to Her past efforts.

You might like:

State Of Grace
Treacherous
All Too Well
Holy Ground
Sad Beautiful Tragic

DMeisterJ

Banned
http://instagram.com/p/W10C_rAvjo/

La Nina said:
Everyone in my team has been telling me, "keep the press happy" but I'm tired of all the countless lies in the press right now. Saying I'm going to rehab and how my family is disappointed in me. My family is beyond proud, and nothing's been said by them, my grandparents wouldn't know how to reach to press even of they did want to so that was a lie and rehab cmon. if Anyone believes i need rehab thats their own stupidity lol I'm 19 with 5 number one albums, 19 and I've seen the whole world. 19 and I've accomplished more than I could've ever dreamed of, i'm 19 and it must be scary to some people to think that this is just the beginning. I know my talent level and i know i got my head on straight. i know who i am and i know who i'm not My messege is to to believe. My albums could be about anything but my messages have been to never say never and believe, not to believe in me, but to believe in yourself .. I honestly don't care if you don't believe in me because I believe in me, and look where that's gotten me so far.. I'm writing this with a smile on my face and love in my heart. Letting u know first hand how I feel rather than have these story linger. I'm a good person with a big heart. And don't think I deserve all of this negative press I've worked my ass off to get where I am and my hard work doesn't stop here. i'm growing up finding myself while having people watch me and criticise me everyday i think im doing pretty damn good. And to those comparing me to Lindsey Lohan look at her 2012 tax statements

Speaking of RED. Having given myself a few months to digest the album these are the tracks I still use regularly:
All Too Well
Lucky One
Red

I use these as well, but not as much:
Treacherous
Begin Again
State Of Grace

Shame that I have nothing but distaste for 22, IKYWT, and WANEGBT which prevents me from stanning the album.

DMeisterJ

Banned
"Pour it Up" has cracked the top 20, landing at #19 on the Hot 100 this week. It becomes her 31st Top 20 hit on the charts. #WeBadUMad #PhuckYoBasic #NAVY

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

Fey

Banned
lolwut what's with that bieber rant. is he shocked that he's being treated like every other celebrity at his popularity level?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What random Lindsay Lohan shade
It's such a shame that the press in my country drove him out and he swore never to return. Truly, heartbroken.

Edit: Talking of the UK press, the gossip bit in my newspaper always used to refer to him as the 'Canadian Fetus' always made me kii
Edit 2: The more I think about it, I can't work out why he came for Lindsay Lohan in a rant about how the press always comes for him, considering she's had it a lot worse? idgi

I'm thinking of doing some sort of tournament style competition for OT5. Pitting pop stars against each other, people voting? It could be a second take on that ranking we did a few OTs back where people voted privately. Does that sound entertaining enough?

Artemisia

Banned
I'm thinking of doing some sort of tournament style competition for OT5. Pitting pop stars against each other, people voting? It could be a second take on that ranking we did a few OTs back where people voted privately. Does that sound entertaining enough?

Lbr it's gonna end the same way it always does. Beyoncé or Gaga will win. Maybe we could vote based on some other criteria to change things up.

yes! it would be as interesting as this.

Lbr it's gonna end the same way it always does. Beyoncé or Gaga will win. Maybe we could vote based on some other criteria to change things up.

not necessarily. people would probably vote against someone they don't stan for if they didn't want her pitted against their fave.

Pretty much this.

I am sure you could find some way of getting more creative results though.

Maybe. Though if the matchups are randomized and Gaga and Beyonce face off first, then only one will make it through. I think it would be interesting to see how people vote based on the choices they get though.

Maybe. Though if the matchups are randomized and Gaga and Beyonce face off first, then only one will make it through. I think it would be interesting to see how people vote based on the choices they get though.

If you did a 32 artist bracket you could make Pop Girls all in 1/4, Urban+R&B 1/4, Groups+bands 1/4, etc.

(You could randomize the sorting in each bracket.)

Ensuring that the top 4 would be a nice mix.

Edit: Last 1/4 would probably have to be misc.

If you did a 32 artist bracket you could make Pop Girls all in 1/4, Urban+R&B 1/4, Groups+bands 1/4, etc.

(You could randomize the sorting in each bracket.)

Ensuring that the top 4 would be a nice mix.

Edit: Last 1/4 would probably have to be misc.

I think part of the drama is having them all jumbled together though. And I imagine if people overwhelmingly favor the pop girls over like bands and groups then it would suck having to weed out all these pop ladies so that one them faces off against One Direction :p

I'm thinking a nomination process via PM, I narrow them down to 32 entrants (that way the brackets stay even throughout), and then figure out a public matchup process so that we know the matchups are randomized and not messed with. I'm thinking I assign a witness who gets to see the list of people and can confirm that the matchups aren't tampered with. lol

Eh maybe.

(No way 1D would make it past the first round.... they would lose no matter WHO you put them up against. The pressed may remain pressed.)

I say you just make your own list. Nominations seem excessive since you could fill up the bracket with the obvious ones pretty easy. Ask for input if you have any empty slots.

The only Kelly that matters is doing fine.
Preach sis. You are such a good Kelly stan.

New Paramore song!

Still Into You

It's super super poppy. I love it. Hayley's voice is always awesome, and she always has really good phrasing in their songs.
I love this too! Such a feel good bop.

It looks like their new album is going to make it onto the list of albums I need to purchase this year.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
You could do songs or videos instead of just straight up artists? Would be interested to see what songs get pop-gaf acclaim irrespective of the artist attached to them

Nemesis_

Lady GaGa is reportedly struggling to work on her third studio album after having hip surgery last month.

The singer was forced to cancel her 'Born This Way Ball' tour after requiring immediate medical attention, but has now allegedly encountered a "creative block" while working on her third collection ARTPOP.

"She keeps telling friends she has terrible creative block and can't make any new music right now," a source told the National Enquirer.

"She is under huge pressure to keep making money for [her record label] and she desperately misses her boyfriend Taylor Kinney, who lives in Chicago. It's just messing with her confidence. She's a wreck!"

Lady GaGa's new album ARTPOP was originally earmarked for a spring 2013 release, but it is expected this date has been pushed back.

Meanwhile, the star was recently spotted using a 24 carat gold-plated wheelchair while she recovers.

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/music/...-to-write-new-album-artpop-after-surgery.html

Do I think this is real? No.

iNHDGIb2cjqYW.gif

royalan

If she really started writing and recording when she CLAIMS she did (and wasn't just trolling her own stanbase to rile them up), I don't see why she wouldn't have tons of ARTPOP material compiled at this point.

Sadly...it's starting to see like she was just trolling y'all.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Let me forget Lady Gaga exists.

6jFBer8.png

Did she lie tho?

Some ladies doing this thang are too busy stacking their chips to partake in the #Hateration.

RGxp1dW.gif

Watchu talkin bout? Basic Azealia is part of the Real Azealia's Hater group.

Every chance she gets she talks about Azealia.

BITCH BETTER QUIT THAT QUIT THAT CHIT CHAT
BRRRRRRRRRRR-BRRRRP-BRRRRP-BRRRRP-BRRRP
LET A BITCH N**** DROP, BET THE BITCH AIN’T BARKIN’ LIKE ME

iVAEepdAhG4rT.gif

royalan

...but isn't that exactly what people say about Lil Kim? I mean, ain't no secret that she was polishing BIG's knob in the studio, but at the end of the day he wife'd Faith Evans...Pot calling the kettle black much?

Christopher

The Rii U haha.

Anyway we need te summer to hit so jams start coming out its a problem whe. I knew you were trouble is still on radio

Delio

I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you. And baby even on our worst nights I'm into you. Let them wonder how we got this this far. Cause I dont really need to wonder at all After all this time I'm still into you

tumblr_mhjq60E7Xp1s3nrlso1_500.gif

I'm loving this Paramore song :)

Just a reminder. I am only taking predictions/adjustments for JT 20/20 predictions till midnight tomorrow! Just post or PM me if you want to make any changes.

You may make predictions after if you would like but they will not go towards any prizes.

Here is the rules post.

How the predictions currently stand:
cuqo6D4.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gaga7qr8y.jpg

Tomorrow my Gaga transformation becomes complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom