• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

She only uses her chest voice, and as a means to flick royalan's nipples.

waiT

abH8W.gif

botty

Banned
But Mumei does stan it.

I recall ha saying, "the key changes are everything."

Mumei enjoys Beyonce's chest voice/lower register, yes. But she doesn't stan it. Mumei stans Mariah, Whitney, Dusty Springfield, Karen Carpenter, and a whole list of vocalist we don't know about cause he plays them when he is alone.

We all enjoy certain artist, but that doesn't mean we stan them. And Beyonce is that to Mumei.

botty

Banned
Dangerously in Love is not great. It's cute, but it's pretty basic aside from Crazy in Love.

What kind of FUCKery...

Naughty Girl

Ahhhhhhhhhh love to love ya, baby
Ahhhhhhhhhh love to love ya, baby

This is one of Beyonce's most sensual songs, with some of the greatest production in her discography.

iGXnEOjufLayV.gif

Baby Boy

BABY BOY YOU STAY AHN MAH MIND
I FEEL YAH FAN-TA-SEEEE

This is one of beyonce's most ICONIC jams. Another sensual, sexy song. Also one of her greatest collabs ever.

Like.. what is basic about this? This song pretty much opened the door for Caribbean pop girls like Rihanna.

iboyJrJ8MEK8RS.gif

Not to mention Me, Myself, and I or Dangerously in Love 2... the latter being one of her most passionately sung songs of her career.

I think you need to go back and RE-listen.

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Educate the Bey 'stan' botty.

I never get how the bey stans can come for DiL like it isn't the blueprint of what any R&B chick strives for on her album. The absolute dust being paid to it should cost any worthy stan their Beyhive card.

WINE YA WAIST

Baby Boy is the best song on Dangerously In Love. I would rank that in the top 5 on her catalogue.

Crazy In Love studio version is basic and doesn't hit too hard. Live though? That shit kills.

Naughty Girl is a slightly more arabesque version of Baby Boy and is thus overrated.

Overall that album doesn't do much for her as a vocalist or a dynamic entertainer and most of its material is pretty mediocre for someone that became what she is now.

It's funny how all the real Bey stans pay that album dust, yet celebrate 4 and B'Day at every opportunity. Maybe you're the ones that need to be edTucaTedT.

EDIT: And don't let people shit on your work, Super. That list was flawless. Be proud. :)

royalan

Botty tells no lies.

"Me Myself and I" is still one of my top 3 all-time Beyonce songs. So effortlessly mature and throwback...without even really trying to be.

cory64

Botty tells no lies.

"Me Myself and I" is still one of my top 3 all-time Beyonce songs. So effortlessly mature and throwback...without even really trying to be.

Probably my second favorite on DIL after Crazy. Storch didn't ruin that one.
Her vocals just aren't the same on that album though, it's hard to stan for it.

edit: the new Iggy Azalea shits

botty

Banned
I'm just messing with you, superman. Still love ya.

Your list was actually full of good choices, but DiL isn't worth being paid dust.

iSlooqhztYc1i.gif

01. "Crazy in Love" (featuring Jay-Z) - Cute
02. "Naughty Girl" - Everything
03. "Baby Boy" (featuring Sean Paul) - Cute
04. "Hip Hop Star" (featuring Big Boi and Sleepy Brown) - ???
05. "Be with You" - EVERYTHING
06. "Me, Myself and I" - Everything
07. "Yes" - ???
08. "Signs" (featuring Missy Elliott) - Everything
09. "Speechless" - EVERYTHING
10. "That's How You Like It" (featuring Jay-Z) - ???
11. "The Closer I Get to You" (duet with Luther Vandross) - Cute
12. "Dangerously in Love 2" - Why? Cute-ish
13. "Beyoncé Interlude" - .
14. "Gift from Virgo" - ???
15. "Daddy" - Cute

??? - forgettable/don't remember

NinjaBoiX

Where does CammieGAF come from? How can the very much alive Madonna be "late, great"?

OP said:
Here, the musically superior amongst our GAF brethren and sistren gather to sample the Tea and Crumpet of Pop music, pop culture, Stan culture, the, art of Kiiii, and the general Shade of it all. So pull up a seat, lurk and be blessed. Or, if your lacefront is laid like world peace, state your faves and join in on the fun

What does all this mean?

I get that it's a pop music thread, but it's all so cryptic!

botty

Banned
Where does CammieGAF come from? How can the very much alive Madonna be "late, great"?

What does all this mean?

I get that it's a pop music thread, but it's all so cryptic!

CammieGaf comes from Cammie Dunaway, former VP of Marketing (I think) for Nintendo of America.

iKfsGWUhn4Sd3.gif

But really we are "Pop Gaf."

Stan culture is the culture of "Stanning" aka talking about celebrities, mostly pop stars, in an exaggerated and "fabulous" way.

"Kiiiiiiii" is apparently "the gay man's laugh," which works since 99.9% of the people who are involved in stan culture are gay men.

Use this site for more info: Stan Wars

NinjaBoiX

Botty tells no lies.

This got a lol from me.

Wow, this there is quite a barrier to entry for this thread! I need to learn a whole new method of communication. Reading that OP fried my tiny mind.

So one last question, what has this Cammie Nintendo president person got to do with pop music?

Trigger

This got a lol from me.

Wow, this there is quite a barrier to entry for this thread! I need to learn a whole new method of communication. Reading that OP fried my tiny mind.

You don't have to understand all the stan lingo to post here. Plenty of use normal terminology. Some stuff is just in-jokes and memes.

So one last question, what has this Cammie Nintendo president person got to do with pop music?

Nothing.

She has an Aussie appeal it seems.
bhuHH.gif

royalan

This got a lol from me.

Is this junior coming for me?

Trigger

omg you HAVE to go to the stanpedia

http://stan-wars.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Rihanna

I live once agaiN

The entry for Ashanti tho

Aaliyah had died, Left Eye had died, Mary was happy, Whitney was a spokesperson for D.A.R.E.. All of Destiny's Child had gone solo, the Fat Boys had broken up, and there was nothing left to believe in. We were sad, confused, our spirits were broken, and we took Ashanti because she had just enough of a look, just enough of a voice, the songs were good and, honestly, we didn't think we could do any better.

OupKFO7.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
This got a lol from me.

Cammie is part of pop culture (popular gaming culture to be exact). Her impact has just reacheD PopGAF. Next we will be stanning Bionic which was also ahead of its time.

itjFZzX5Bug0u.gif

Satch

Banned
real talk superman why did you pay DIL dust

it's her most varied album, with a fresh R&B sound that doesn't age like many R&B albums tend to do because it doesnt lean too heavily on bog standard R&B tropes

Nemesis_

Everyone in the JT thread is so revolting and presseD.

I was going to bless them with one of my balanced review but, as they said, they can go fuck themselves.

botty

Banned
Now child.

1. I stan Love On Top; I just don't stan Beyonce. I compartmentalize.
2. Love On Top has head voice, too.
3. Pay attention. Love On Top is Beyonce's best vocal performance in studio. The register coordination! The modulations! The agility! Just <3

"It" = Beyonce

iKQLxgmNmyHmz.gif

Though, I can totally understand how my advanced stan talk could confuse you:-*

edit: The song is cute, but I feel like you're grading on a curve here. Especially after you showed me those Mariah vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom