• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Botty and Bladenic, their impact

Vicious.

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif

Nemesis_

Don't pretend this thread isn't a complete mess at times.

Hell, scared the shit out of me when I joined. The level of viciousness allowed in this thread goes FAR beyond what is allowed on ATRL. It's just over different issues.

You're delusional if you think that PopGAF is all those things that Satch mentioned.

You're delusional if you think that PopGAF is all those things that Satch mentioned.

I didn't say that. I said "similar" things, not the "same" things.

...and neither is actually racist/biphobic/transphobic. 99% of the shit on ATRL is people showboating or being sarcastic, just like it is here.

(Hell, I post over there constantly and can only count a handful of times when I have seen it at all. Even then the perpetrators at minimum got warning points.)

Nemesis_

Is there an Introduction section for ATRL? If anything, I'd like to just join and claim my fame for creating the ICONIC Cammie GIF.

AHSMH-BenBanana.gif

I am about halfway through listening to JT's The 20/20 Experience, and I am actually quite digging it. It's not poppy and punchy, but god damn, it's smooth.
I feel like I should be sitting on a leather seat with some scotch and a cigar.

cory64

I am about halfway through listening to JT's The 20/20 Experience, and I am actually quite digging it. It's not poppy and punchy, but god damn, it's smooth.
It has a mildly pleasant vibe but that's about all it has going for it.

Trigger

I missed the ATRL registration. :(

Yessss

The outro to Strawberry Bubblegum is amazing.

Nemesis_

Okay PopGAF since I have been in the closet with with both Rihanna and Christina for so long, I will do a daily post talking about ONE SONG from each that I like and why.

First up, for Rihanna:

i5sT71Vr2tTZC.gif

Rihanna_-_Russian_Roulette.jpg

Russian Roulette from Rated R

This song to me, is the one that solidified Rih as a performing artist and a pop singer for me. It was serious in tone, yet suitably vulnerable but not to the point of pointlessly pandering. I was very worried when I first heard this song as I thought this album would be this kind of music (and while I like it I don't want a whole album of it). I was definitely wrong, of course. Still, it's an icy and fearless kind of ballad that has the attitude to make you think she has properly moved on. Unfortunately, she didn't. >_> But for the time we were all pretty sure she did. I think she co-wrote this too - which highlights why I feel like it's important to write your own music.​

==========================

Next up, for QUEENTINA.

iobYkuMnmTjSf.gif

Hurt.jpg

Hurt from Back to Basics

Quite possibly my least favourite Xtina album (and coincidently, most bloated) this single is one of the standouts for me. To me, it has some very moving vocals about the pain of moving past damaged relationships. The production really takes it somewhere else though, and is one of my favourites on the entire album. I felt like this was Xtina at her peak. Easily one of the most technically stunning voices in Pop.​

How am I backward ? I don't hate Kelly Clarkson fans, I can even tolerate them at work.

That said I don't agree with the principle, I'm not even religious but I think it's unnatural, and that does not prevent me from being for Kelly Clarkson marriage.

That's just my opinion and apparently millions of people share it, if Kelly Clarkson bothers so many people there must be a reason for it.

Icicle

Nem, did you ever get around to doing a write-up for janet.?

I feel like you stopped doing your CD reviews right before you were supposed to do Janet's...

iNLF5o5uyzAzl.gif

royalan

How am I backward ? I don't hate Kelly Clarkson fans, I can even tolerate them at work.

That said I don't agree with the principle, I'm not even religious but I think it's unnatural, and that does not prevent me from being for Kelly Clarkson marriage.

That's just my opinion and apparently millions of people share it, if Kelly Clarkson bothers so many people there must be a reason for it.

LAWD I went to bed and woke up and that thread was a GRAVEYARD.

botty

Banned

What?

iSP8WlSjKaNmC.gif

Nemesis_

Nem, did you ever get around to doing a write-up for janet.?

I feel like you stopped doing your CD reviews right before you were supposed to do Janet's...

iNLF5o5uyzAzl.gif

No, they are still on my mind, but I only do them when I'm in a writing mood.

Since my second job is reviewing games, I blow most of my writing mood on my (paid) writing work, so I never get a chance anymore.

And FYI my next album was Lana. Who is my fave, so there is no favouritism involved. I plan to clear the list before the wave of new music arrives (proper).

iTtBPy7oZ66pZ.gif

I read it. *.*

Russian Roulette is a great song. When people mock Rih's catalogue I point to songs like RR. Not every song she does is some throwaway track about sex/partying.

Bless *.*

I notice you are giving my N/T GIFs promo. Bless x2

Nemesis_

Okay PopGAF since I have been in the closet with with both Rihanna and Christina for so long, I will do a daily post talking about ONE SONG from each that I like and why.

First up, for Rihanna:

i5sT71Vr2tTZC.gif

Rihanna_-_Russian_Roulette.jpg

Russian Roulette from Rated R

This song to me, is the one that solidified Rih as a performing artist and a pop singer for me. It was serious in tone, yet suitably vulnerable but not to the point of pointlessly pandering. I was very worried when I first heard this song as I thought this album would be this kind of music (and while I like it I don't want a whole album of it). I was definitely wrong, of course. Still, it's an icy and fearless kind of ballad that has the attitude to make you think she has properly moved on. Unfortunately, she didn't. >_> But for the time we were all pretty sure she did. I think she co-wrote this too - which highlights why I feel like it's important to write your own music.​

==========================

Next up, for QUEENTINA.

iobYkuMnmTjSf.gif

Hurt.jpg

Hurt from Back to Basics

Quite possibly my least favourite Xtina album (and coincidently, most bloated) this single is one of the standouts for me. To me, it has some very moving vocals about the pain of moving past damaged relationships. The production really takes it somewhere else though, and is one of my favourites on the entire album. I felt like this was Xtina at her peak. Easily one of the most technically stunning voices in Pop.​

NEW PAGE

ij2yV84IJKTXw.gif

>_>

Icicle

No, they are still on my mind, but I only do them when I'm in a writing mood.

Since my second job is reviewing games, I blow most of my writing mood on my (paid) writing work, so I never get a chance anymore.

And FYI my next album was Lana. Who is my fave, so there is no favouritism involved. I plan to clear the list before the wave of new music arrives (proper).

I know all too well how hard writing can be when you're not in the right mindset for it. However, there are those occasions when you're forced to get over it and crank something out, like when some bitch tries coming for your fave and you only have a limited window of time to retaliate, or when you promise POP-GAF a new feature and take requests from people, only to subsequently abandon the project for the better part of a year.

If you were a TRUE #Fighter, you would push through your writing block and finish what you started. Plus, it's not like you don't have the time...

Until Nemesis completes ha promised alberm reviews, I propose she be #STRIPPEDT of any stars she may have.

izTLxkWLykw4X.gif

Nemesis_

Okay, well now I'm not doing janet. at all.

ibgbgtDt8Wz64s.gif

Thank you for lightening my workload. I wasn't doing it as a service to you, and as per, you took it too seriously and decided to be a detective.

Pathetic.

For anyone else waiting, I'm sorry that my game reviews, surgical career, masters degree, second job in retail and general life is getting in the way of my writing, and I am thankful for your patience.

moulels

Russian Roulette is my fave Rih song. I rihmember when it was released and everyone was like
2095c354.gif
but I absolutely loved it from the start. Bless the Bajan Goddess for her risky single. I think I'm becoming a big Rih fan, I recently listened Unapologetic in full and I loved most of the tracks *o*

Let me youtube Hurt cause I don't remember ha.

I truly love pop-game shade

Lol RIP

Dying young and I'm playing hard
jbg75BLA6Q1EWf.jpg

That's the way my father made his life an art
jbxiEJMwcsuoQz.jpg

Poor Wii U, I'm fairly certain she will resurrect after E3 *o*

Trigger

Russian Roulette is my fave Rih song. I rihmember when it was released and everyone was like
2095c354.gif
but I absolutely loved it from the start. Bless the Bajan Goddess for her risky single. I think I'm becoming a big Rih fan, I recently listened Unapologetic in full and I loved most of the tracks *o*

FqZoO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom