• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
So when's ARTPOP coming out again?
aab3042b.gif

Oh I C u still trying it after I dragged your fave?

You don't COUNT so you won't see a reaction from me sorry
aab3042b.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Oh I see Zayn's legs showed up here too

That picture is a kii but his face is still fuck worthy

tumblr_mocxgoeyqu1rqv2jbo1_500.png

now crop out the legs and you have god again

tumblr_mocwucxAB01rqv2jbo1_500.png

Given that the main attraction of the song is how effortlessly she SLAYS each octave as it rises in the last third, I think the repetition works in its favor and not against it.
Her singing it higher and higher every time just highlights, to me, how insipidly repetitive it is. Its not bad enough that the half the song is just the chorus, her singing it louder (or whatever) each time, its like that person who keeps saying the same thing to you over and over because they think you aren't listening to them. It's like bitch, I heard you the first time, and I still don't care. LoT is awful.

Granted, the one line in WFL's chorus works in its favor only insofar that the whole song is meant to be a repetitive radio song with all hook and no substance. However, just because it's meant to be repetitive doesn't mean it's good repetitive.
WFL is shit too.

But yet again #Navy provoking me to compare two artists that couldn't be more different, again. Rihanna and Beyonce have absolutely nothing in common musically, and I think if we were to compare Beyonce or Rihanna to anyone it would be Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, respectively.
You b****h. At least let her be Madonna in this analogy. Britney Spears is just....
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

SaintZ

He's meh but when he shaved his head he became completely uglay.

Now that his hair is growing back tho mmmm.

He has a nice body too.

Trigger

I always thought Mariah Carey was just someone's alt account. It only ever posts randomly, and it seems familiar with us.

Also: Azealia didn't make the cut on Yeezus. I guess the collab talk was just rumors or she was cut.

royalan

I always thought Mariah Carey was just someone's alt account. It only ever posts randomly, and it seems familiar with us.

Also: Azealia didn't make the cut on Yeezus. I guess the collab talk was just rumors or she was cut.

Who's really even surprised tho?

imgoE7juFlSvV.gif

TBH the "you guys had to come in talking code and alienating everybody" is a fairly common occurrence.

But the same could be said about pretty much every popular sub-community. Not trying to have a victim complex but I honestly don't know why PopGAF gets hit with it so often.

Lord knows that I have a hard time understanding BlackGAF and K-PopGAF's inside jokes and lingo, and I'm a black guy who listens to K-Pop! But I don't follow their community threads very closely, so I often feel lost in their OT threads. I don't bitch about it, though.
Well...not counting now

But the same could be said about pretty much every popular sub-community. Not trying to have a victim complex but I honestly don't know why PopGAF gets hit with it so often.

Lord knows that I have a hard time understanding BlackGAF and K-PopGAF's inside jokes and lingo, and I'm a black guy who listens to K-Pop! But I don't follow their community threads very closely, so I often feel lost in their OT threads. I don't bitch about it, though.
Well...not counting now

I agree that others are the same, but it would be nice if community would stay in community sometimes.

royalan

I agree that others are the same, but it would be nice if community would stay in community sometimes.

On one hand I agree.

But on the other hand I think it's cool that GAF has so many different sub-communities with their own coloring that can interact in OT. I don't see why it's so offensive to some people. I don't always understand every sub-community (especially when they have their threads in OT), but I think it's awesome that they exist, and I think that NeoGAF as a whole should embrace it. It really is a testimony to the diversity of NeoGAF that we're able to have all of these different sub-communities that are thriving, and even organized to a degree.

I feel that's really been under attack lately, ESPECIALLY in regards to PopGAF. I mean, just look at the Leona post that Mariah Carey imposter was responding to. What was even bad about that?

On one hand I agree.

But on the other hand I think it's cool that GAF has so many different sub-communities with their own coloring that can interact in OT. I don't see why it's so offensive to some people. I don't always understand every sub-community (especially when they have their threads in OT), but I think it's awesome that they exist, and I think that NeoGAF as a whole should embrace it. It really is a testimony to the diversity of NeoGAF that we're able to have all of these different sub-communities that are thriving, and even organized to a degree.

I feel that's really been under attack lately, ESPECIALLY in regards to PopGAF. I mean, just look at the Leona post that Mariah Carey imposter was responding to. What was even bad about that?

True, but I think that if something doesn't make sense to gaf at large (they should at least be able to get the gist of it), it probably shouldn't be posted in for gaf at large. More obscure artist nicknames for example probably are counterproductive.

But Leonard was replying to a member of PopGAF and barely even referenced anything PopGAFesque.

I am speaking in general terms, not about that thread specifically.

I think that Carey's statement was incorrect as to that thread, but it IS correct often enough that I can't hold the attitude against him.

Trigger

I still find it amusing that a gaming forum of all places would try censoring and complaining about subcultures. Some people on GAF are too narrow minded. They can stay mad and be mad.

Trigger

5th Harmony has the bigger marketing campaign, and most mainstream headlines about Kanye are about his relationship with Kim. Not surprised.

EDIT- oh @ that snippet. How basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom