• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Well, tbh, they don't listen to modern popmusic or follow the itunes charts.

They know who Beyoncé, Britney and Christina are because those artists were also popular 10 years ago. I lived with my parents back then so I talked about those faves a lot.

Out of the new artists, they only know who Lady Gaga and Adele are. And Beyoncé did the inaugurations. That was the last time they talked about her.

But the rest? Not so much.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I have given Jessie J my coins
because the quality of that video was horrific

also fml im so hungover

I love Momoiro, they're batshit crazy. Certainly more envelope-pushing than whatever the big divas are doing these days. But I'm more emotional about my struggling and flopping rnb rookies.

You mean their management is. That's what's disillusioning to me I guess. I've been into idols for a long time, and I've seen a lot of them come and go, but truthfully a lot of the time, they don't give a fuck abut what they're doing, don't even vaguely like the music they're making, are completely worn out and abused by their handlers and fans, and even begin to hate each other. Any envelope pushing is boardroom approved and wota focus group tested. It's the highest form of corporate trickery. At least you know BENI is RIDE OR DIE about that mid-tempo R&B because god, how long has it been and she just became a thing. You know. I'd be shocked if Namie didn't only answer to Queen Amuro at this point, because if anyone deserves it... Ayumi can say jump and Everyone at Avex answers "how high?"

It's hard not to be a two single fad in Japan without the help of a Seiyuu deal, an idol company, or a large label deciding they sunk too much money into that PV and you WILL happen (*Ahem* GIRL NEXT DOOR). Ask every Vivi or Blenda model who wanted to be a singer. So, probably because idol shenanigans all feel very "been there done that" I have more interest and investment in the more "organic" feeling acts.

Unless it's a scandal. Idol scandals are the very best. As I have shamelessly stanned the likes of Jin Akanishi (R.I.P his career), Ai Kago, Mari Yaguchi, and Jaejoong I know this.

Peru

You mean their management is. That's what's disillusioning to me I guess. I've been into idols for a long time, and I've seen a lot of them come and go, but truthfully a lot of the time, they don't give a fuck abut what they're doing, don't even vaguely like the music they're making, are completely worn out and abused by their handlers and fans, and even begin to hate each other. Any envelope pushing is boardroom approved and wota focus group tested. It's the highest form of corporate trickery. At least you know BENI is RIDE OR DIE about that mid-tempo R&B because god, how long has it been and she just became a thing. You know. I'd be shocked if Namie didn't only answer to Queen Amuro at this point, because if anyone deserves it... Ayumi can say jump and Everyone at Avex answers "how high?"

It's hard not to be a two single fad in Japan without the help of a Seiyuu deal, an idol company, or a large label deciding they sunk too much money into that PV and you WILL happen (*Ahem* GIRL NEXT DOOR). Ask every Vivi or Blenda model who wanted to be a singer. So, probably because idol shenanigans all feel very "been there done that" I have more interest and investment in the more "organic" feeling acts.

Unless it's a scandal. Idol scandals are the very best. As I have shamelessly stanned the likes of Jin Akanishi (R.I.P his career), Ai Kago, Mari Yaguchi, and Jaejoong I know this.

I don't have much time for j-idol groups, the boy bands are all boring and with the girl groups you usually have to search through piles of trash to find that 'choon. Thing is all I really care about is the pop product, and if it's good it's good. Even Akimoto has some moments. With MomoClo it's good. All their singles, all their album tracks, it's good, fresh, sometimes experimental. I know they're a business but it doesn't really matter more than it does with Britney. "Otome Sensou" remains one of the most inspirational pop moments of 2012, whether it's all down to Etsuko Yakushimaru or not.

Also for all the capitalism that no doubt goes into MomoClo as well at least their main manager behind them did not start out in idol biz before, resulting in some fresh ideas of how to run a pop group, and so far they've stayed out of some leery side businesses typical of idol-life, like gravure bikini shoots and that shiz. The members do seem to genuinely enjoy what they do or the lives wouldn't be so much fun to watch (and certainly aren't for, say, AKB48).

What with the resurgence of idol groups these days we do see a lot of boring shit get popular again and the conservative AKB empire are doing annoyingly fine, but some hints at fun and games are allowed from the likes of MomoClo and BiS, however major label friendly it ends up as.

Nemesis_

Are they even about cars anymore? They just look like lowest common denominator Michelle Rodriguez action trash.

I have plans to watch them all in the near future (well from 4 onwards), but my expectations are low

DMeisterJ

Banned
It is still about cars, but it's definitely less focused on street racing (though there still Aus street racing).

Not surprised the HIVE is against Fast Six since they've shown they have zero taste.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It is still about cars, but it's definitely less focused on street racing (though there still Aus street racing).

Not surprised the HIVE is against Fast Six since they've shown they have zero taste.

All the reviews I've seen have been paying it the same LUKEWARM BUZZ critics usually reserve for a Rihanna album tho.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Flop opinion
So being featured on Sonic games with his shitty friends? Cackles. Christina is Similar with Pitbull and some others is she your fave here?

Jessie has a something for the haters like ya.

So make your jokes
Go for broke
Blow your smoke
You're not alone
But who's laughing now
But who's laughing now
So raise the bar
Hit me hard
Play your cards
Be a star
But who's laughing now
But who's laughing now

Trigger

When did Katy B get chunky?

THE LOTUS WORLD TOUR!!!

iI4SX2AJB36Lu.gif

Though I'll admit I have been stanning Xtina this morning. Debutina still has some of my favorite songs. *.*

Mumei

I knew this acoustic would summon you.

I do like the arrangement but ... it actually does highlight her straining more. But I suppose if she were doing an acoustic arrangement she'd be more relaxed instead of singing like she's trying to rid herself of a hernia.

royalan

So in a "rappers nobody cares about" update:

Iggy Azalea and Angel Haze have released a rendition of Otis from Watch The Throne. You can listen to it here: -

OTIS (ANGEL - IGGY REHEARSAL)

Meanwhile, Azealia is seething: -

NzodrxB.png

I knew it wouldn't last long

iCbPJELVhgWAE.gif

This Angel/Iggy tracks SHITS. Spit that fire, ladies!

And...well...Azealia hew? Seriously, HEW? The 15 BEEN up. She really has no room to talk about anyone else. EVERYONE is grinding harder than her right now.

I do like the arrangement but ... it actually does highlight her straining more. But I suppose if she were doing an acoustic arrangement she'd be more relaxed instead of singing like she's trying to rid herself of a hernia.

Straining shmaining...
I agree, but I still love it/

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Jessie Ware and some poor squeezer recently performed at some festival.

Enjoy

Ble$$, Katy B slays but the girl has no stage presence at all.
And...well...Azealia hew? Seriously, HEW? The 15 BEEN up. She really has no room to talk about anyone else. EVERYONE is grinding harder than her right now.

Yes, I'm sure that AB is pressed as hell that Angel Haze is teaming up with Iggy Azealea when her own single is with a no-name #hew like...Pharrell.

Stay pressed, stay stressed, stay seething.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
http://m.soundcloud.com/cremefraichelabel/legends-cait-la-dee-famties

Kerli WaitTTTTTTTTTTTTT

This is better than the whole Utopia album.

This is great

So in a "rappers nobody cares about" update:

Iggy Azalea and Angel Haze have released a rendition of Otis from Watch The Throne. You can listen to it here: -

OTIS (ANGEL - IGGY REHEARSAL)

this is not.

edit; the crowd for Katy B was fucking dead. Criminal considering that the song is a bop

completely forgot that Radio 1's Big Weekend was this weekend. First time in years I've not watched it
Even managed to go last year and a couple years before that

I was there for that iconic performance of Leona's come alive
sitting down and getting drunk

royalan

I'm hard pressed and stressed trying to think of the last time Pharell produced a hit for an unknown.

The song will be wack. The song will flop. Azealia will start copious beefs to compensate.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm hard pressed and stressed trying to think of the last time Pharell produced a hit for an unknown.

The song will be wack. The song will flop. Azealia will start copious beefs to compensate.

I'm sure that these are accurate predictions from your crystal ball, just like all those predictions you made about Xtina's Lotusesque return to the nation's hearts, and not just steam-pressed fantasies from the mind of a serial hater.

royalan

I'm sure that these are accurate predictions from your crystal ball, just like all those predictions you made about Xtina's Lotusesque return to the nation's hearts, and not just steam-pressed fantasies from the mind of a serial hater.

Calling someone a "serial hater" in defense of Azealia Banks of all people. That's cute.

Matt_

Who's tour will come out on top from Bey, Rih and Taylor?

they all seem to be doing sold out shows all over the place

Trigger

I'm happy that the RED tour is doing so well.

Who's tour will come out on top from Bey, Rih and Taylor?

they all seem to be doing sold out shows all over the place

Bey. Even as a Navy member I recognize that she's always had very successful tours. I'm happy Rih and Taylor are giving her a run for her money tho.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Calling someone a "serial hater" in defense of Azealia Banks of all people. That's cute.

The facts are that you've been predicting that AB would disappear from the face of the planet and nobody would want to work with her for ages. Instead she's about to have a collab with a legend. Be seated.

[edit] O, and coming off the back of Pharrell pushing Get Lucky to Daft Punk's first #1 in over a decade. I could see #ATM JAM doing well personally.

royalan

The facts are that you've been predicting that AB would disappear from the face of the planet and nobody would want to work with her. Instead she's about to have a collab with a legend. Be seated.

Her working with Pharell proves nothing. Pharell works with nobodies on the daily:

Know her? Of course not.

Pharell is clearly taking pity on Azealia for irreparably fucking up her shot at a career like she has, and so is giving her a last hurrah with one final shot at relevance. It will, of course, fail utterly.

The girl is done.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Her working with Pharell proves nothing. Pharell works with nobodies on the daily:

Know her? Of course not.

Pharell is clearly taking pity on Azealia for irreparably fucking up her shot at a career like she has, and so is giving her a last hurrah with one final shot at relevance. It will, of course, fail utterly.

The girl is done.

Be seated. Equating a production credit with a feature?

I can't WAIT to see how much you will seethe when 5ive and BWET come out and they both slay. I will order in extra popcorn for the occasion, and I will cook it on the angry heat of your posts.

royalan

Be seated. Equating a production credit with a feature?

I can't WAIT to see how much you will seethe when 5ive and BWET come out and they both slay. I will order in extra popcorn for the occasion, and I will be able to cook it on the angry heat of your posts.

We'll see, sis.

Just don't ban yourself again anytime soon. I will want to GLOAT when one of those albums flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom