• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Well, if anything, I'm really excited to see what happens when Beyonce does start promoting new music next year.

She kinda blew her marketing load this year. Vogue, Superbowl, documentary, world tour, inauguration, H&M/Loreal/Pepsi. She had a perfect storm of promo, and it us HIGHLY unlikely she'll be able to recreate a blitz even HALF as visible when she actually has music to promote.

Also, I bet her products partners can't be too happy. I bet many of them signed on for such lofty endorsement on the expectation that she'd be putting an album out. Pepsi can't be pleased right now.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

You're definitely right. I'm sure the business partners expected a new album release early this year. Hell, I even think that Bey expected it herself, but cancelled the whole thing at the last minute. I have a feeling that she just wasn't happy with Grown Woman or SOTS. The songs are better than the majority of filth that's currently charting, but they're no comeback material IMO.

The Pepsi deal was more for the tour tho. I'm sure Pepsi is glad that the tour is doing well at least...

I've said multiple times that I don't mind Bey postponing the album, as long as it's good in the end. And I still hold this opinion. I don't want her to rush anything. She can take her time and I really don't mind. The haters seem more pressed about it tbh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't want to be Kanye
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

I tried it again and got bieber
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif
iiDvn3PN1Z6vt.gif

royalan

Ew...

I did NOT like that Roar snippet.

There are two kinds of choruses that have been overused lately and I'm fucking done with them.

One type is the dance break chorus.

The other is the vowel sound repetition chorus.

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh

Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah

Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh

Burn it with fire.

Majmun

Ew...

I did NOT like that Roar snippet.

There are two kinds of choruses that have been overused lately and I'm fucking done with them.

One type is the dance break chorus.

The other is the vowel sound repetition chorus.

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh

Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah

Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh

Burn it with fire.

It's a cheap trick to make the song catchy. Even my fave is guilty...multiple times.

But yeah, that snippet also made me sigh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Your Body had a repetitive vowel chorus though, maybe Christina started its downfall

Matt_

I've just seen the video of the year nominations

ioTsymKU6lMxS.gif

...I don't know why the Behhive is so pressed that nobody is talking about Bey right now.
Who's pressed though? Anytime anyone mentions Beyonce, Kyon pops up like Oscar the Grouch to remind everyone that she has no new music out and we should all be ashamed for stanning a touring artist and blah blah blah. I'm not here for this republican create your own narrative y'all have going on here.
royalan said:
Also, I bet her products partners can't be too happy. I bet many of them signed on for such lofty endorsement on the expectation that she'd be putting an album out. Pepsi can't be pleased right now.
Why would Pepsi care about a Beyonce album?

Matt_

I'm expecting to be underwhelmed by anything that Katy does, so she can only beat my expectations really
I was quite excited before Burqa/Aura hit, now I just don't care much about ha

Britney - 240k
Gaga - 620k
Katy - 315k

ibuRxUpWCXOyFh.gif

Prism to 360 please :)

I'd like to lower Prism to 345k

tumblr_lq7u5odrwe1r1yue1o6_250.gif

I want to lower my Prism prediction to 275k

tumblr_lq7u5odrwe1r1yue1o6_250.gif

Okay, I'll guess:

Beyonce 5 - 220k
Britney 8 - 280k
Gaga - 750k (unless it's a dollar somewhere again, ha)
Katy - 410k

Ok. All these have been added.

Also fixed a typo since I put Lastinline/Paperheart's predictions in the wrong row.

Koodo

Banned
I won't change a single thing about my already underwhelming PRISM prediction. I keep telling y'all Perra will WARRIOR haself into oblivion for working with Fluke in 2013.

The only reason I'm even predicting a slightly bigger opening week than the Pubertal Nightmare is because I foresee a larger promotional push.

ibsovAUWEfMUbv.gif

hmmmm ...
Oops.

Well, either he will lower his prediction at some point, or Katy will actually do 420k.

I think luck is on my side, so either one of those is going to happen.

Also, yes I see those other 420k predictions too. I predict that they will lower over time as well. The hype just isn't there for Katy.

SaintZ

Liam turned from the worst to the best looking one.

I feel nasty for having these thoughts about him.

Also, YAAAAS @ Lana serving Catrina realness. Hew else.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Let me not....
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

ibwFuvakgRaCBi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom