• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Speaking about bad songs, that vile trash Emblem 3 has a new video out: Chole

They sound fucking awful.

Still waiting for the single of the true winners of The X Factor.

Um What is this messy song? I cant. Still stanning for my Playback boys still touring their hearts out.

Kyon

Banned
Skirt>>>>>>>>>>> Your faves didnt even TRY

jodigif1.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I like the new Aphrodylie Minogoddess but I'm worried that it hews a little close to the kind of EDM-pop that's been on the airwaves nonstop for the last few years.

royalan

And then my skirt came DOWNE.

I can't. Aphrodylie is coming for your SCALPS.

And this is just a fucking REMIX.

The remix does sound a little EDM-ish, but it's very fresh. It FLIRTS with the idea of EDM, not quite going there. And the way the track smooth out for the chorus is classic Kylie.

I'm still convulsing.

Uh....

Uh....

Uhh...

UHhhh...

UHHHHHH....

UGHSQDVIYCDVIYVI!!!!

First thought I had: It sounds like a fresher version of JLo's "Live It Up".

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The Kylie link doesn't work for me, anyone got another?

Here for sophie ellis bextor stanning, thought she was such a local, surprised about ha love

edit; is this it?

edit2; soundcloud link now works how odd

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
This new Kylie

Kylie%20Minogue%20-%20Timebomb%20ani%20gifs-03.gif

YAAAAAASSSSSS

TONIIIIIIIIIGHT
Be my supernova
Take whatever you want
TONIIIIIIIIIGHT
Let me bask in you
and raise up the sun
TONIIIIIIIIIGHT
I'm yoooooooouuuuurrrrsssss

tumblr_lqf0kiCGWp1qd076to1_500.gif

great to see you girls lahving it, surprised considering it's quite heavy on the dubstep

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The remix does sound a little EDM-ish, but it's very fresh. It FLIRTS with the idea of EDM, not quite going there.

Yes, the old school dubstep sounds too. Kind of like Wild, it makes you think it's going for a big EDM breakdown but without ever actually going there.
This... this is really, really, good. I love it.

iH4g3XnzBQrZT.gif

tumblr_m5xz9zsyV01r93mvpo2_500.gif

Stan.

What a glorious perfect page this has been. Stanning for SEB and Aphrodylie.

Nemesis_

I hate the production on that Kylie song. It's cheap, tired, and worst of all it never goes anywhere.

My thoughts exactly. The first thing I thought was "Oh, this is what happens when Kylie works with American producers".

It doesn't sound right.

I am reserving judgment for an official master rather than a remix.

royalan

I'm still slayed by the new Kylie. The production is so layered. Many elements seamlessly stitched together.

The first minute is complete 90s House. Reminded me of Azealia's Van Vogue beat.

Then it swells into a monstrous, grungy dub...never quite hitting the "step" (thank god).

Then it smoothes out into this electric, feminine, anime-theme-song chorus.

Then, just when you get comfortable, you're thrown back into the dub, which grows into an even more bombastic 90s House clapping beat.

This song is like a rough fucking in its pacing. Likely to be my favorite "Dance" track of the year.

Nemesis_

tj hazuki

Lately I've been obsessed with Jessie Ware. So freaking good. Imagine if it was Us is one of the best pop singles released this year.

cory64

I'm still slayed by the new Kylie. The production is so layered. Many elements seamlessly stitched together.

The first minute is complete 90s House. Reminded me of Azealia's Van Vogue beat.

Then it swells into a monstrous, grungy dub...never quite hitting the "step" (thank god).

Then it smoothes out into this electric, feminine, anime-theme-song chorus.

Then, just when you get comfortable, you're thrown back into the dub, which grows into an even more bombastic 90s House clapping beat.

This song is like a rough fucking in its pacing. Likely to be my favorite "Dance" track of the year.

PREACH IT SIS
I am getting my life
DOWN
DOWN
DOWN
DOWN

Matt_

I was just thinking, is Fame/Fame Monster era Gaga the only artist everyone in pop gaf seems to like?

Everyone seems to have their haters, gaga has her fare share but it seems the those that hate her now hate her because of the BTW era and prefer F/FM

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
After discovering my love for iconic pop classic SOS the other day I have been rediscovering my love for another iconic song today.

The iconic smash hit that was Calvin Harris's first step on the road to superstardom, helping define the soundscape of pop for the past two years and leaving the likes of Ellie Goulding and Florence Welch scrabbling to record their own songs with Calvin.

tumblr_m6efs14urx1r4l2q1o1_500.gif

Yes of course I'm referring to Bounce ft. Kelis.

00-calvin_harris_feat._kelis-bounce-b00514qrca-web-2011-cover.jpg

Even after three years of imitations it still sounds so fresh and boppable.

And I don't care what anybody thinks about that
Hands to the sky and throw your head back

Matt_

After discovering my love for iconic pop classic SOS the other day I have been rediscovering my love for another iconic song today.

The iconic smash hit that was Calvin Harris's first step on the road to superstardom, helping define the soundscape of pop for the past two years and leaving the likes of Ellie Goulding and Florence Welch scrabbling to record their own songs with Calvin.

Acting like Acceptable in the 80s, Ready for the Weekend, Flashback and most importantly I'm Not Alone didn't put him on the map
at least in the Uk

iolOERSEFfPso.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The Fame Monster Gaga was simply on a different level to her contemporaries. Bad Romance and the accompanying video looked like it was heralding the birth of a new Queen of Pop with no equals.

Then Born This Way happened and a wheel came off.

The Fame Monster Gaga was simply on a different level to her contemporaries. Bad Romance and the accompanying video looked like it was heralding the birth of a new Queen of Pop with no equals.

Then Born This Way happened and a wheel came off.

With Born This Way she became a more complete artist but a less mainstream one.

I'm okay with that. Not to mention the latter can easily be redeemed with cheaper, more radio-friendly fare
which I think Gaga wants to have happen with ARTPOP...

Matt_

I'm okay with that. Not to mention the latter can easily be redeemed with cheaper, more radio-friendly fare

Tbh I'm kinda hoping she does
As an album I love btw, but going through those top 40 performances posted by Nem, the majority are piano renditions of You and I, edge of glory, hair or relatively sow performances of BTW and MTN

While they are all good performances, they're not as interesting as the ones for Bad romance, Alejandro, Poker Face or Just dance.

I need me some Lady Dancega

Fey

Banned
OMG. She is a officially coming.

Year redeemed. ;____;

iXkPjr01gzov5.gif

The latter half of 2013 should be AMAZING if all these people are really releasing albums this year.

My most hyped as of now tbh: Grimes > Kylie > Janelle > MIA > Britney > Gaga > Katy > Beyoncé

Kyon

Banned

more like a pretentious, hypocritical lesser artist. The hate shown for BTW is greater than the love for it. Everyone wants F/FM Gaga back or at least an evolution of it. No more gay rights speech bullshit and weird stuff like BIRTHING n crap.

the mainstream public doesnt care for her anymore like they did 3 years ago but if she does BTW type shit again i can bet you anything they will dump her remains in the trash with the other gimmicks

Matt_

iXkPjr01gzov5.gif

The latter half of 2013 should be AMAZING if all these people are really releasing albums this year.

My most hyped as of now tbh: Grimes > Kylie > Janelle > MIA > Britney > Gaga > Katy > Beyoncé

708.gif

New music from Grimes already?
And above all the others too?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
more like a pretentious, hypocritical lesser artist. The hate shown for BTW is greater than the love for it. Everyone wants F/FM Gaga back or at least an evolution of it. No more gay rights speech bullshit and weird stuff like BIRTHING n crap.

the mainstream public doesnt care for her anymore like they did 3 years ago but if she does BTW type shit again i can bet you anything they will dump her remains in the trash with the other gimmicks

Katy Perry will then be the new Queen of Pop. *Cackling and convulsing*
katy-perry2.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
im assuming you are implying Gaga is the Queen which is false. I feel ARTPOP will determine her status.

Well I dont think she is a Queen but many flops here think that. It should be fun to see if FartFlop well... flops.

Fey

Banned
New music from Grimes already?
And above all the others too?

I hope so, she said she was 20% done a month ago. I feel like I read it'll be a 2013 release from somewhere but I may have just dreamt that up or something.

And ofc, all three of her albums are phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom