• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Eh, sorry. The floaty mechanics, the "let's just throw shit everywhere" level design, the overall terrible single player experience, and that god-awful Subspace Emissary bla-bla-bla disqualify Brawl from ever being considered a good game for anyone other than the extreme Nintendo fan who would love the game regardless.

Melee remains unbothered.

Ugh, I'm trying not to post about games in here, but it's hard...with it almost being E3 week and all. Have mercy, Mumeisus.

Subspace Emissary was indeed shit but who plays SSB for the SP?

Brawl is a great game. The fact that it was rejected by the fighting game hardcore means jack SHIT about how good it is.

DismissedT.

Eh, sorry. The floaty mechanics, the "let's just throw shit everywhere" level design, the overall terrible single player experience, and that god-awful Subspace Emissary bla-bla-bla disqualify Brawl from ever being considered a good game for anyone other than the extreme Nintendo fan who would love the game regardless.

Melee remains unbothered.

Ugh, I'm trying not to post about games in here, but it's hard...with it almost being E3 week and all. Have mercy, Mumeisus.

Subspace Emissary was still way more viable a single player mode than whatever Melee was doing. Brawl has it beat on modes and player freedom. Tournament mode, special modes, customization... Brawl dialed it up to 20 in terms of bang for your buck.

Yeah, the mechanics themselves were very different which meant taking on a new skill set but that's okay. The mechanics were still top-shelf, even if they weren't as tightened up as Melee. Brawl remains the more comprehensive package and thus, the more fun game.

EDIT: Actually if there's one thing Brawl did exponentially better than Melee, it's with the characters. Half the Melee roster were clones of the other half, but Brawl managed to add more characters, amp up their designs, and give them ALL unique movesets.

So Melee has Brawl beat in terms of gameplay mechanics, but Brawl wins at literally everything else.

royalan

iZbu9uGbJajn6.gif

In other news:

Christina Aguilera reportedly wants to lose more weight.

The Your Body singer - who recently shed 20 pounds - has completely changed her diet and feels great but allegedly wants to regain the figure she sported in 2010 by using a meal delivery service.

A friend close to the 32-year-old star said: "She did it all on her own. She goes online and picks out her food.

"She's been working hard. She wants to lose a bit more. But she feels great."

The mother-of-one also recently started doing a lot more working out, and reportedly loves yoga.

The source added to US Weekly: "It's more of a mind-body thing for her. She believes in exercise that she enjoys, doing strength work as opposed to cardio."

Aguilera ditched her favourite fried foods and was inspired to adopt a healthier lifestyle after becoming depressed by critics, who called her "fat" last year.

The source said: "A lot of people were on her about her weight and it depressed her. She went through a bad time because of the criticism."
X

If the critics really did depress her over their comments about her weight, you never would have known. Every low-cut, figure-hugging gown was like a "fuck you!" you to the press. My queen, such a pillar of of strength. ;____;

Honestly wished she didn't buckle under the pressure, it's not like her to do that.

Then again given how fickle we all are (#Fighters practically rejoiced when we saw her slimmed down figure) I shouldn't be surprised that she'd do that. It's a harsh world we live in. :(

I'll always have a soft spot for full-figured Xtina though.

Nemesis_

Wasn't the whole point of LOTUS meant to be her talking about how she didn't give a shit about the haters and would RISE ABOVE IT ALL?

royalan

She shouldn't lose more weight. She is at a sweet spot night now.

Actually, I agree.

Also:

image.php

Yes. Stan the Queen of Tennis. *.*

Honestly wished she didn't buckle under the pressure, it's not like her to do that.

Then again given how fickle we all are (#Fighters practically rejoiced when we saw her slimmed down figure) I shouldn't be surprised that she'd do that. It's a harsh world we live in. :(

Honestly, though. I'm glad she lost the weight.

Not that I don't love The Queen whatever size she is, I do. But I was still uncomfortable with the circumstances surrounding her sudden weight gain. Even though she didn't go full-scale psycho like Britney, Christina DID go through a really rough patch. The failure of Bionic paired with the tidal wave of public criticism; her divorce and rumors of infidelity; getting arrested and the iconic botching of the National Anthem. And then on top of all that she gains over 30lbs in the span of 3 MONTHS??

The Queen was clearly battling severe depression. ;______;

I don't have an issue with Big Gurls, but Christina's not a naturally heavy person. It was a symptom of all the shit she was going through. So, when I go nuts over Christina losing weight it's not just because she's going back to looking effortlessly sickening and dragging every blonde who ever tried it. It's because she's clearly getting back to a happy place in ha life. ;____;

Bladenic

Full figured Xtina sucked. Horrible outfits that should not have been worn. And why would you want your fave to continue living an unhealthy lifestyle? You should be applauding her for wanting to be healthy again.

Do we know who produced Standing on the Sun?

I was listening the other day and the production reminds me a lot of Billboard, who produced Inside Out and Till The World Ends by Britney as well as those fierce beats in that producer battle
Just looked at his wiki and he's done a lot of stuff for Robyn, Kesha and Ellie Goulding too, all good tracks. Shame he doesn't get used more
Greg Kurstin, I think? Billboard cites Popjustice which cites Pitchfork which cites Popjustice, so who really knows.

Bladenic

Not the #Fighters inventing severe depression to explain their fave's newfound love of pies.

But they're not inventing this. The article stated she was depressed. And considering the state of her career, divorce, etc. it's not far fetched to assume the depression existed and had an impact on her life.

Full figured Xtina sucked. Horrible outfits that should not have been worn. And why would you want your fave to continue living an unhealthy lifestyle? You should be applauding her for wanting to be healthy again.

It was depression that made her gain that weight, but that doesn't mean she didn't end up being happy later on. She got a huge TV gig (The Voice) and was the highest paid female on television at one point, not to mention was heralded on award shows, and managed two high-profile song features. She clearly seemed happy after getting on The Voice, so don't assume that she's just been depressed the entire time, lol.

Hell, just the fact that she delibately spoke out about her weight gain and how she loves her new body... she said those words well after her dark period (no pun) so she was obviously very content with herself. I think if anything she just didn't wear the extra weight well. Her outfit choices were generally awful.

And she wasn't unhealthy. If anything she seemed to look the healthiest when she was full-figured. I'll always like heavy Christina more than that emaciated, skeletal body she had during her debut through Back to Basics. Gross.

botty

Banned
Xtina changes her image after every album. Obviously Chubbytina wasn't going to stay around any longer than Strippedtina, or Debutina. Baby Jane is back so maybe we're getting another R&B-esque album soon.

iYPweVt3Heo3y.gif

Bladenic

It was depression that made her gain that weight, but that doesn't mean she didn't end up being happy later on. She got a huge TV gig (The Voice) and was the highest paid female on television at one point, not to mention was heralded on award shows, and managed two high-profile song features. She clearly seemed happy after getting on The Voice, so don't assume that she's just been depressed the entire time, lol.

Hell, just the fact that she delibately spoke out about her weight gain and how she loves her new body... she said those words well after her dark period (no pun) so she was obviously very content with herself. I think if anything she just didn't wear the extra weight well. Her outfit choices were generally awful.

And she wasn't unhealthy. If anything she seemed to look the healthiest when she was full-figured. I'll always like heavy Christina more than that emaciated, skeletal body she had during her debut through Back to Basics. Gross.

She was unhealthy because she ate nothing but fast and fried foods. Regardless, I think she looks great now, and really doesn't need to lose more, but if she wants to, go for it gurl.

She was unhealthy because she ate nothing but fast and fried foods. Regardless, I think she looks great now, and really doesn't need to lose more, but if she wants to, go for it gurl.

You don't know that she was only eating fast food, just like you don't know that she wasn't anorexic during her debut and Stripped. All I know is what I see, and what I see is that skinny Xtina was WAY too skinny, and plump Christina was pretty much how most people look. lol

Bladenic

You don't know that she was only eating fast food, just like you don't know that she wasn't anorexic during her debut and Stripped. All I know is what I see, and what I see is that skinny Xtina was WAY too skinny, and plump Christina was pretty much how most people look. lol

The article even stated she ate too much fried foods :biblio:

And an article from before stated she started eating more fruits, vegetables, organics, tuna, etc. :biblio:

I'm not saying her being plump was unhealthy, but her diet was. :biblio:

botty

Banned

Um, I can pull up Xtina's MTV Diary. She definitely wasn't anorexic. It's pretty clear she probably had a high metabolism and could eat anything she wanted when she was younger. Many girls go through this when they're younger, and even later in to their lives. I believe Mumei can clock the tea on this. :keir:

Esch

Banned
damn sohh many of you still salty from rihanna annihilating the game for the last 18 months. I c no competition, friends. Just enjoy it. It's all fun brehs

iFzAbrnuPdmzv.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
damn sohh many of you still salty from rihanna annihilating the game for the last 18 months. I c no competition, friends. Just enjoy it. It's all fun brehs

iFzAbrnuPdmzv.gif

oh?
I must have daydreamed Taylor Swift coming along and outselling her all over the place

iEen08IMPiCFF.gif

I feel dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom