• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 - Peer Review |OT| its been a looooong time, but my time is finally near

Salsa

ibtjZJkY020Lbh.png

Figured we could move this to a new thread for easier discussion and HYPE!

In “Peer Review”, you and a friend will continue the story of loyal bots P-Body and Atlas as you puzzle your way through a mysterious new co-op test track and once again match wits with GLaDOS.

What is "Peer Review"?

Peer Review is the first batch of DLC valve is offering for Portal 2.

Ugh.. DLC, how much does it hurt?

Free you silly, as it always should be.

Is it MP only?

Multiplayer is the main focus, but the package also includes SP (and MP) Challenge Modes.

Can i brag?

Yes you can, the Challenge Mode includes online Leaderboards through Steam.

Wasnt this announced to come out mid-September?

... no, shut up

Valve huh? so this is coming in...

Tomorrow. October 4th. eehh the day after tomorrow, October 5th.

uh..what

yeah

really?

I swear

..but you just said

hush

in all platforms?

supposedly, yes.

Gameplay? screenshots?

Nada..

--

and now we wait!

Cipherr

jokkir said:
That reminds me, I still need to finish Portal 2's co-op. I bought the game at launch too >__>

Im a huge fanboy of this game and I havent done the co-op either. I really just love the story and the 1p campaign. I need to get around to the coop also

I can't wait for tomorrow, I really want those challenge modes :D

jokkir said:
That reminds me, I still need to finish Portal 2's co-op. I bought the game at launch too >__>

Me too. On my defense, I've been waiting for the chance to get together with a friend so we could do it together rather than with a stranger on the internet :I

sn00zer

Cipherr said:
Im a huge fanboy of this game and I havent done the co-op either. I really just love the story and the 1p campaign. I need to get around to the coop also
Wow...I was once like you, but then I played the coop...the puzzles are noticeably better/harder in coop story wise isnt nearly as interesting as the singleplayer...but those puzzles...also you NEED to go in with someone who is as new as you are, so much more fun when you are both trying to figure it out

Salsa

balladofwindfishes said:
According to the Portal 2 blog, the DLC is coming the 5th, not the 4th

So 2 days, not tomorrow.

bwahah they already changed it again? D: fixing

edit: done

What sucks is that I never got into the co-op. For some reason I never got to go through the intro stage of co-op and it just dumps me in with someone and I have no idea what to do or look for.

But I am happy there are sp challenge modes.

And I bet that one of the new achievements will be tied to the high-five taunt in TF2.

If anybody hasn't played co-op yet and wants to break their co-op cherry with me through the tutorial level, I'd be glad to help in return with other multi-player achievements.

(although you really should play the campaign with another fresh player first, after doing the tutorial with me).

Salsa

first time playing through the co-op my buddy totally screwed me over cause he had played it before without telling me, so i was basically just doing everything he said :(

hope this is long, to fix that.

Squishy

So, does this mean that custom maps can be played on the PS3 version yet? It was announced before the game came out, yet nothing has been mentioned since.

SalsaShark said:
first time playing through the co-op my buddy totally screwed me over cause he had played it before without telling me, so i was basically just doing everything he said :(
My first partner in science bailed on me halfway through. Luckily it had been some time before another friend wanted to go at it so I had forgot a lot of the solutions. Then we did the achievements, which were great. Solving Portal Conversation Society was SO satisfying (and insane). I feel bad for anybody that downloaded a FAQ to get the achievements.

Salsa

Pennybags said:
You know what?

I really like how we know nearly anything about this until we play tomorrow.

me too

but then again it makes sense

its gonna look like Portal, we can expect that much

so what are they gonna show? the solution to a puzzle? hell no!

PixyJunket said:
My first partner in science bailed on me halfway through. Luckily it had been some time before another friend wanted to go at it so I had forgot a lot of the solutions. Then we did the achievements, which were great. Solving Portal Conversation Society was SO satisfying (and insane). I feel bad for anybody that downloaded a FAQ to get the achievements.

I think im missing a couple achievements, but they were indeed fun. Ill probably try to get them all once this comes out.

Koodo

Banned
24y7qlg.jpg

Probably won't be able to indulge this week or the next, but HYPERAMA nonetheless.

lulz I'll probably cave in an hour after release

It's time.... it's time to link my PS3 copy up to my Steam account. I've been extremely busy
lazy
and now that I have a PC that can run Portal 2 as good or better than the PS3, well, I've waited too long.

Out of the corner of my eye that Lady Gaga GIF looked like that creepy deer cam monster.

Daigoro

this is madness! cant believe its going to be free on consoles.

i also cant believe that im stuck on the very last level of co-op on the 360 version. went through all of the levels and then some guy quit on me on the last room... annoying shit.

JackEtc

HYPED. Can't wait to play! Although I'm having to wait until this weekend to play co-op with a friend. GIMMIE DEM SINGLEPLAYER CHALLENGE ROOMS VALVE

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
SalsaShark said:

hope this is long, to fix that.
And then you tried to do the same to me... bastard D: you monster

Top Bottom