• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post New Pics of Yourself 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fakto

New haircut ! Also, I thing I found my new "Avatar-GAF".

AHj5Avu.jpg

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
New old PM face?
Muh?
Exams have been over here for days. Your uni sucks Lucian.
Tafe bruh. We go on holidays in a week or 2
It's "Lucien"!

Edit: I honestly thought I was correcting you there. Man, what is it with her name? I can't get it right! Oh well, I'll leave it there for the purposes of irony.
Ahaha, you'll get there one day!
Still cute even while grumpy. think I prefer the happy version better though :)
^_^ I'll post a happy one again soon

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Grilling meat at a cabin during the summer solstice. The rainy weather complimented the hangover I had at the time.

psYu58G.jpg

That's an awesome picture. Tons of natural beauty up in there!

Here's one of me that my 10 year old took yesterday which I thought was probably one of the more flattering once since my kids think it's a great time to apply all sorts of weird filters to every picture they take and also make a sincere effort to sneak bunny ears into each one.

5L5ehK9.png

Totally hyped to be fitting into a Medium shirt and size 32 jeans! That's smaller than what I was wearing in 8th grade.

Melchiah

Summer Solstice was celebrated in the family cabin near the sea. Hot as hell and perfect canoeing wether!

The next day I felt the burnt skin courtesy of the sun...

I burnt my head as well, and now I can peel the skin like an orange. =) I wish there was a lake/river near the cabin we were staying. It's been ages since I've been swimming.

That's some wonderful scenery Melciah! Obin too, looks like a good time.

Thanks. It's a Finnish tradition to go to a cabin during the summer solstice, and it's a nice break from the life in the city. Although it takes time to recuperate from all the consumed alcohol, and staying up all night. ;)

EDIT:
That's an awesome picture. Tons of natural beauty up in there!

Thanks. And tons of insects, that love the taste of human blood. My feet and hands are still infested with red dots. =)

NinjaBoiX

Thanks. It's a Finnish tradition to go to a cabin during the summer solstice, and it's a nice break from the life in the city. Although it takes time to recuperate from all the consumed alcohol, and staying up all night. ;)
It's like, the shortest night of the year! Man up Mel.

;)

AcridMeat

Banned
I asked another Finn and your story checks out. :D In their case plastered in a tent for 2 days. Also eaten alive by mosquitos. :)

Melchiah

I asked another Finn and your story checks out. :D In their case plastered in a tent for 2 days. Also eaten alive by mosquitos. :)

Heh, some (younger) people prefer to go to festivals during the weekend, but I don't really enjoy being at those events as much as when I was younger. It's actually kinda interesting, that the traditions have essentially remained the same they were during the old heathen days.

http://finland.fi/Public/default.aspx?contentid=278702&nodeid=37598&culture=en-US
(More in the link)
An American recounts his many colourful memories of Midsummer in Finland, from heavy metal bands to seaside bonfires, and from barbecues to mosquito bites.

Rich in tradition, Midsummer occupies a special place in the Finnish calendar, representing the high point of summer and the most popular time to start your annual vacation. It takes place on the Saturday between the 20th and 26th of June. Originally a pagan celebration, it was a tribute to Ukko, the god of thunder. Since he controlled the rain, you had to be nice to him in order to get a good harvest.

Bonfires were burned on the occasion, a ritual that continues today. However, in the Swedish-speaking areas of Finland – it’s a bilingual country – people have been happy just to put up a well-decorated maypole.

In the old days, unmarried women would use special charms and bend over a well, naked, in order to see their future husband’s reflection. In another, considerably more modest tradition, one that continues today, a young lady can collect seven different sorts of flowers and place them under her pillow. She will see her future husband in a dream.

Nowadays, Midsummer is also a celebration of St John (hence the Finnish name for the holiday: Juhannus), a time for some people to consume vast quantities of alcohol and a popular weekend for weddings and confirmations.
Other enjoyable memories come from visiting a couple at their beachside cabin near Varkaus, a town in eastern central Finland. We’d have a grand barbeque and play mölkky, a type of Finnish lawn bowling.
Funnily enough, we played the game as well.

woah amazing :)

Thanks. =)

NinjaBoiX

Nice to see you ninjaboi. You look like a nice fellow.
9jgGg3A.gif

Have you watched Submarine yet? So good man!

Also, looking sharp Onkel, you always seem to be in such opulent surroundings! Living the highlife brother.

Edit: well maybe standing in front of a billboard isn't that opulent, bad example! But that restaurant a few posts back was magnificent.

AcridMeat

Banned
Heh, some (younger) people prefer to go to festivals during the weekend, but I don't really enjoy being at those events as much as when I was younger. It's actually kinda interesting, that the traditions have essentially remained the same they were during the old heathen days.

http://finland.fi/Public/default.aspx?contentid=278702&nodeid=37598&culture=en-US
(More in the link)

Funnily enough, we played the game as well.
Thanks for the link, those bonfires look fun! Also...
In the old days, unmarried women would use special charms and bend over a well, naked, in order to see their future husband’s reflection.
Hmm...hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom