• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict the RT and Metacritic score for Batman V Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Evo8cch.jpg

We're less than 48hrs away from the review embargo lifting. First impressions have been consistently pretty good so far but will that momentum last?

Here some other scores for reference

Man of Steel - 56% RT, 55 MC

Zack Snyder's other Filmography
Dawn of the Dead - 75% RT, 58 MC
Watchmen - 65% RT, 56 MC
300 - 60% RT, 51 MC
Sucker Punch - 23% RT, 33 MC

Other related or recent comicbook movies
Batman Begins - 85% RT, 70 MC
The Dark Knight - 94% RT, 82 MC
The Dark Knight Rises - 87% RT, 78 MC
Age of Ultron - 75% RT, 66 MC
Deadpool - 84% RT, 65 MC

Rotten Tomatoes avg critic scores
The Dark Knight: 8.6/10
Spider-Man 2: 8.3/10
The Dark Knight Rises: 8/10
The Avengers: 8/10
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.8/10
Batman Begins: 7.7/10
Iron Man: 7.7/10
Days of Future Past: 7.6/10
Winter Soldier: 7.5/10
Deadpool: 6.9/10
Ant-Man: 6.8
Age of Ultron: 6.7/10
Watchmen: 6.3/10
Man of Steel: 6.2/10
Thor 2: 6.2/10

I think this is a bad idea.

Only because if watchmen wasn't well received I can't imagine this going over better than that.

TheWraith

40% - seeing as MoS got around 50% and this one seems to pile on way too many other DC characters average reviewers will not care about and bloat the overall story.

We've had like 3 separate large-scale premiers/showings with near unanimously positive fan response. It's perfectly possible that the critics completely reverse on that, or that prerelease buzz is even less descriptive than usual, but I'm thinking we're looking at an ~75-80 MC. No idea about RT, the binary yes/no rewards inoffensiveness over basically any other quality.

BearPawB

Banned
We've had like 3 separate large-scale premiers/showings with near unanimously positive fan response. It's perfectly possible that the critics completely reverse on that, or that prerelease buzz is even less descriptive than usual, but I'm thinking we're looking at an ~75-80 MC. No idea about RT, the binary yes/no rewards inoffensiveness over basically any other quality.

Lol, like impressions have ever been bad for any movie coming out of fan screening

80% RT

Better received than MoS, both by fans and critics, and in the box office, too

will be eclipsed by Civil War on all those fronts in a couple months

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Lol, like impressions have ever been bad for any movie coming out of fan screening
There's also been plenty of critics reporting they have heard nothing but great things. But you're right, all this means nothing.

82% RT
77 MC

I think it's going to be better than what people are expecting, but only by a bit. I'm going with the fact Chris Terrio and Ben Affleck worked on the script substantially and Zack Snyder's hectic directing actually working in this film's favor.

I honestly don't know if I'm right or not considering how disparate the thoughts have been regarding the script, initial reactions (though since when has a blockbuster superhero film gotten a bad initial reaction?), and the news regarding characters and what not in the film.

Here's hoping for a positive surprise.

Magwik

Banned
52%

Batman will save the movie from being a complete disaster enough for people to recommend it, but not FRESH

63% RT, 51 MC

53% RT

50 MC

42% rt
55 MC

It's going to be bad.
Well, this will be a fun week.

Dead

well not really...yet
79% RT

72 MC

Better critical appraisal than MoS, but darker tone will still be a stickler for some.

There's no other reaction than "positive" that comes from a bunch of comicbook nerds given the opportunity to watch friggin Batman vs Superman before the entire world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom