• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striek

Clinton had a great politician answer, but Trumps was a bit more genuine. She kinda indirectly said he was a good father, without saying he's a good father.

Hers was a terrible impersonal answer. Petty even. Trumps answer would be pretty presidential if it hadn't been delivered at the end of 90 minutes of rambling.

Cmagus

She did great. She actually answered questions with substance. She was very in control, I think.

She played the debate smart. Her answers were good and honestly Trump was all over the place so if she stoops to his childish level then she looks even worse making him look better and you know he'd spin it to make himself the victim. She played it safe and didn't come down to his level and he looked terrible for it.

DavidDesu

Two pundits on Sky News saying it was a draw... I don't even. Not a Clinton fan but out of the two options it has to be her. Has this genuinely not affected Trump in the states?

Faddy

Banned
Another clear win for Hillary.

Trump held himself together better but still gave no detailed answer to questions. For example he said he would help inner city minorities by bringing them economics. That is not a plan or even an outline.

And he was the same all over the board. Syria, energy, healthcare. He'll fix it with the best, most amazing policies but he can't give details.

for posterity

huh_zpsfnarldj5.jpg

User1608

Banned
Why are some of you feeling sorry for us? My perspective is that since Hillary doesn't hate immigrants, minorities and the lgbt community (and then a host of other issues...), you don't know what you're saying!

wachie

The big word is irredeemable. When I was younger I had some pretty bad views due to my parents. I've changed a ton. It's hard for me to say someone can be a balanced president when she states millions of Americans are irredeemable.

EDIT; Did you edit your post? That last line wasn't in there before I quoted I think? Maybe I missed it? If so, nvm.
But that's the truth. I know a racist is a fuck irredeemable person.

I don't see how any reasonable person can view Trump's performance as anything but a disaster. He got a couple of cheap shots in, but said nothing of substance, or at all relating to the original questions.

Trump has set his own bar so low that simply finishing the debate is a win.

Krejlooc

Banned
Donald Trump effectively silenced his own running mate. Nobody will take anything Pence says seriously anymore, because apparently he and Trump don't talk. That means nobody but Donald Trump can damage control himself anymore. And as we've seen in the last few days, Trump takes a while to go into damage control mode, much slower than those around him.

.JayZii

Banned
Yeah, what an idiot for giving an honest, respectable answer instead of carefully angling his statement for optimal commercial cutting.

Come the fuck on. The dude is a piece of shit, but give credit where credit is due.
The fact that his compliment goes against what he has been saying about her in recent months is a bit silly.

I think Hillary could have done a lot better. Trump was just bullshitting as usual, but I didn't see anything that could be bad for him happening, so that's a win for him to me.
Saying a soldier would still be alive under his leadership.

Admitting he hasn't spoken to his running mate.

Totally floundering on the Sexual Assault tape.

Talking about using Chinese steel.

I am now completely fascinated/obsessed with Ken Bone. I want to know everything about him.. his background, favorite movies, shoe size, etc.

I have to say, after this debate, it feels like it's back to the same race it was before the bus video. Trump lost the debate, but the fact that the scandal over that video was not discussed for long seemed to formally acknowledge that it was not a death blow to his campaign. It obviously was for many Republican officials, but now the narrative will just move on to the result of this debate.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Lots of people here don't seem to understand the difference between 'I agree with what Hillary is saying' and 'Hillary made the better argument.' She absolutely did not at most points tonight and Trump walked this debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom