• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary's campaign purposely avoided any knockout punch. As CNN keeps mentioning, she threw very few counterpunches at Trump, and her response to the deleted e-mails was incredibly timid. They want Trump to stay in the race.

It's the only explanation I can think of for why Hillary didn't just keep fact checking him right there on the spot instead of referring viewers to go to her website.

This is crazy. Trump performed better than the first debate and Hillary tried to stick to policy and not get baited into going back and forth with Donald.

USC-fan

Banned
Who cares if trump won. He has NO CHANCE at winning the election calm down people.

Unless she drops out it already over. No debate going to change anything.

Chumly

I am watching this on DVR, after hearing Chuck Todd said it was a tie.

Donald just said,

a) Russia is new to Nuclear.
b) Supported Russia and Iran in the same sentence
c) Said that there is danger betweenthe Mossull and Iraq
d) Suggested that the trick was to do a nighttime Chuck Norris ninja attack on the ISIS instead of warning them all the time
e) Almost fell for her "Baghdadi" as person/town lure.
f) Then played victim about 1 minute
Chuck Todd thinks everything is a tie. Everything is a horse race and they are both just as bad.

Effnine

I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary's campaign purposely avoided any knockout punch. As CNN keeps mentioning, she threw very few counterpunches at Trump, and her response to the deleted e-mails was incredibly timid. They want Trump to stay in the race.

It's the only explanation I can think of for why Hillary didn't just keep fact checking him right there on the spot instead of referring viewers to go to her website.

There is also still one more debate. It's certainly possible she is saving the best for last. Meanwhile, Trump just keeps repeating the same shit over and over.

wbEMX

Last Week Tonight which airs right now isn't live, right? I wonder what John Oliver thought of this.

(Don't live in the US and our pay-tv provider shows HBO stuff, but not Last Week)

Trump called Hillary out on pretty much all of her fuck ups over the last 30 years. Which highlighted how are government has been awful for at least the last 30 years. That guaranteed my vote for him tonight. He's not part of the establishment. Trump certainly isn't my first choice, and frankly he's at the bottom of the list, but he represents change.

Hmmm "change" that sounds fairly. Oh yeah we supposedly had 8 years of that! Now look who we're voting for.

He threatened to jail his political opponent should he win. The man is an antidemocratic fascist. The change you want is evil.

Honestly look at the posts here and compare it to the last debate. She lost this debate, she is still going to win and I'm thankful, but she really should have played more aggressively.

Video should have came out after.

I really don't think she lost. At worst it was a draw.

He didn't answer a single question with any substance at all.

So fucking disapppointed that Hillary spoke about her policies tonight instead of summoning Susano'o and using the Nine Tails chakra to obliterate Trump. Fuck both of them are the same

Trump called Hillary out on pretty much all of her fuck ups over the last 30 years. Which highlighted how are government has been awful for at least the last 30 years. That guaranteed my vote for him tonight. He's not part of the establishment. Trump certainly isn't my first choice, and frankly he's at the bottom of the list, but he represents change.

Hmmm "change" that sounds fairly. Oh yeah we supposedly had 8 years of that! Now look who we're voting for.
Do you know how the laws work?

A senator does not have the ability to enact change by themselves. Even the president doesn't.

Especially a President where US Congress vowed to ensure all efforts of his were to be blocked at any costs even before Obama officially took office. Because I hope you know that actually happened and was a thing, right?

KarmaCow

This makes no sense. There is nothing she could have said that would have made him straight up drop out of the race. Even if she could, there is no feinting here for a bigger knock out later because there's no benefit to doing that.

watershed

Banned
Everyone expecting Hillary to act like Trump is being foolish. Hillary Clinton isn't going to win this election by "going for the knockout" and acting like a bully. She's gonna win by being disciplined, smart, and true to herself. That's what she did tonight and unless you are both blind and deaf, she won. Trump's answers were bad, his rambling was bad, his exhausted posture was bad, his sniffing was bad, his threats were bad, and his clear lack of substance was bad. If you don't care about any of those things, especially substance, then maybe you can say he won.

Lol, wow, a lot of you guys just can't help yourself with the panic and paranoia. Do you have any idea how low Trump is at right now with less than a month away? A decent (which didn't even seem that decent to me) performance isn't going to do shit for a candidate that has tanked twice in one election and has never, at any point, been winning it, especially with the kind of week he had last week.

I don't think that's what he was trying to say. I think he was trying to say that Russia's nuclear tech was newer than ours.

I mean, we can all agree that it was a stupid way to saying this.
And it's not even true.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/second-presidential-debate-election-2016/?ex_cid=promo_banner said:
KOERTH-BAKER 10:41 PM
To go back, briefly, to the discussion about the U.S. and Russian nuclear stockpiles, I went to look at the state of the U.S. nuclear arsenal compared to Russia’s. The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists tracks the two countries’ stockpiles in different ways, due to different levels of transparency from the two countries. But the U.S. actually seems to have more nuclear weapons than Russia, as of 2015. Both countries are in the process of a modernization program for their nuclear arsenals, and the U.S. plans to spend as much as $350 billion on this, while at the same time reducing its stockpile.

Faddy

Banned
Honestly look at the posts here and compare it to the last debate. She lost this debate, she is still going to win and I'm thankful, but she really should have played more aggressively.

Video should have came out after.

No the first debate was an all time clunker of a performance. It is almost impossible to be that bad twice in a row.

If Trump won, what is his winning line, point or policy. He blustered through less badly than in debate 1.

The Kree

Banned
I liked the part where she said "You're having a meltdown because your campaign is falling apart and all the Republicans are abandoning you."

jmizzal

"Trump gave 5 apologies already!!!"

Thats the fucking problem CNN lady... Having 5 things to apologize for is too many for a potential president.

Lol yea I know right, I remember when Obama was first running for president, and they couldnt find any dirt on that man, Donald has new dirt every week

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not even going to bother with most of the post, but I've gotta say, I'm just glad that those eight years of change mean that I can actually marry another man, it's like I'm a real human being now.

Tagg9

Last Week Tonight which airs right now isn't live, right? I wonder what John Oliver thought of this.

(Don't live in the US and our pay-tv provider shows HBO stuff, but not Last Week)

Even if it is live (and I don't think it is), there's not enough time for them to create the content for a response segment. Hopefully they do an online special or something.

It's like some people watched the debate and thought "Well, he didn't mention pussies or the grabbing of them at all. He also didn't say anything more racist than usual and he didn't literally shit his pants. I think he did way better"

This is the perfect case study in action of an Over Qualified Woman vs an Under Qualified Man. Trump blatant admits that he doesn't communicate with his running mate but you still have the chuckleheads coming out the woodwork with the "But that Hillary though.."

~Kinggi~

Banned

oh so you voting for Trump huh? That's interesting.

hey man I'm going to Ben honest. Are you okay with the video released on Friday? Are you okay with this man representing our country? Please check into these before voting.

Who cares if trump won. He has NO CHANCE at winning the election calm down people.

Unless she drops out it already over. No debate going to change anything.

This.

People can declare a Trump "win" through whatever mental gymnastics they want 'til the cows come home. CNN commentators are right: at best Trump has stopped the bleeding, but didn't move the needle, which given Trump's position is really not a good thing for him at all. He's still well on track to lose the election.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

It's not live.
We'll likely hear about the debate next week.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBH Clinton was subpar too, but I really don't know what makes a good performance vs. Trump.

I feel there's inevitably a lot of conflation between how much you identify with each side in defining who "won," but it's really about how much it does for the undecided voters or how much it wards off people already on your side. And there was clapping for both sides in that tiny, tiny sample of a room in that building.

Striek

I don't think Clinton did a good job. Poor rhetoric, struggled to defend her positions, waffled on most answers, failed to press Trump at most opportunities and gave a petty, unpresidential response to the last question. That said, she demolished Trump, who was sniffing like a coke addict, threatened to abuse his presidential powers, whined about the moderation, waffled even harder and could barely stand up at points.

Xilo

So fucking disapppointed that Hillary spoke about her policies tonight instead of summoning Susano'o and using the Nine Tails chakra to obliterate Trump. Fuck both of them are the same

Saying "go to my website" isn't the same as talking about your policies. She only answered a couple questions, and then stalled and avoided the rest only slightly better than Trump did.

No. He just writes their checks.

I really don't think she lost. At worst it was a draw.

He didn't answer a single question with any substance at all.

A draw is a loss for her, that is the entire point, that is the Trump curve.

Honestly she looked like shit tonight, she should have smoked this shit. It was her format and given the past 24 hours and we are saying meh draw. She dropped the ball.

People were saying he should drop out, its over, yadda yada, draw.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Clinton won by the debate by any and all criteria with which you measure a debate. Yet the response seems to be, shrug, I dunno, he was aggressive so it's a draw.

This is absolutely the politics you deserve.

Ozigizo

You're Trump's base. You have no idea how the Senate works and just believe his lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom