• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Yea, not familiar with him. But makes sense that you/ people recognize it as something special. I got straight gta vibes from it. Don't know why (maybe the music?) but I got a few chills..

Say..
is that big guy from the intro the dude from Marco Polo and Dr. Strange
?

Yep. Alex Yu is voiced by Benedict Wong

Edit: 100 pages! We did it, boys!

Yea, not familiar with him. But makes sense that you/ people recognize it as something special. I got straight gta vibes from it. Don't know why (maybe the music?) but I got a few chills..

Say..
is that big guy from the intro the dude from Marco Polo and Dr. Strange
?

I had to look it up, but yes!

Technically, before the patch, you get "The Nightmare is Hunting You" after completing Copy Protection even if you didn't install any Typhon neuromods.

The patch fixes that problem

Maybe I should go read the Reddit thread, but are you saying that if you never install any Typhon neuromods, you should NEVER get the Nightmare quest, or do you mean it would just trigger automatically that one time and now it doesn't? Because I kind of can't imagine going through the game without the Nightmare.

EDIT: Reading the Reddit thread now, it sounds like a glitch that didn't always happen, because I went no-Typhon and I don't recall ever being chastised for installing Typhon mods or having the Nightmare quest show up upon the completion of Copy Protection. Weird.

selfnoise

EDIT: Reading the Reddit thread now, it sounds like a glitch that didn't always happen, because I went no-Typhon and I don't recall ever being chastised for installing Typhon mods or having the Nightmare quest show up upon the completion of Copy Protection. Weird.

I can confirm that this glitch happened to me and it was indeed very confusing.

munroe

Have you ever killed
January
before it kills
December
? It's interesting you definitely don't get nearly as much dialogue but you do get some new ones because
December
is still alive

Yep. Alex Yu is voiced by Benedict Wong

Edit: 100 pages! We did it, boys!

I had to look it up, but yes!

Maybe I should go read the Reddit thread, but are you saying that if you never install any Typhon neuromods, you should NEVER get the Nightmare quest, or do you mean it would just trigger automatically that one time and now it doesn't? Because I kind of can't imagine going through the game without the Nightmare.

I knew it! That. Is. My. Dude! Such a good actor.. even more excited now. Well, Ima fire this bad boi up tonight. Thanks y'all

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a proper way to deal with
military bots
? I've just been running away from them,
it seems since they were introduced that's all I've been doing as they respawn when you kill them so what's the point?

military bots
it seems since they were introduced that's all I've been doing as they respawn when you kill them so what's the point?
If you want them to stop spawning in the area, block the operator fabricator with an object.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If you want them to stop spawning in the area, block the operator fabricator with an object.

Would never have thought of that. BTW,
I've started to just hack them, seems to work although I'm getting sick of the mini game lol

military bots

There is a finite number that can spawn from each spawn point, but its usually like 3-4. The stun gun (especially with range upgrade) will disable them instantly for your hacking. EMP nades also good. For outright destruction, stun gun fully beefed up with firepower upgrades will wreck them in 2-3 shots, not wasting your other ammo.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm done with my second playthrough, I initially gave the game a 4/10 and later discovered I played it very wrong and missed a lot so I started again and now I'd give it a 7/10, it was a much more enjoyable experience when played "right". The funny thing is my second run was only 12 hours, compared to 14 hours on my first run yet I did so much more the second time, I skipped almost all side missions the first time but did the majority of them this time. I guess just being familiar with the game caused this. My character was also far more progressed, I probably installed twice the amount of weapon upgrades and mods, it helped immensely, if you remember before I complained about dying constantly, never having an resources and just feeling extremely weak, well that wasn't the case this time at all. This is the first time I have ever replayed a game I didn't enjoy and I'm glad I did, plus I got the ending I wanted this time. Oh and I actually got to kill a bunch of
Nightmares
this time, on my first run I only saw and hid from one but that was it.

Grisby

Jump scare got me. The one after you give that
lady the booster shot and then go into the nearby medbay. The guy falling out
caught me by surprise.

Feel like I've been plugging at the game for a while but I'm still enjoying it. The audio is kind of messed up though, in regards to people talking sometimes.

One question, where do I find that
imposter cook? His taunting is getting to me, lol.

Jump scare got me. The one after you give that
lady the booster shot and then go into the nearby medbay. The guy falling out
caught me by surprise.

Feel like I've been plugging at the game for a while but I'm still enjoying it. The audio is kind of messed up though, in regards to people talking sometimes.

One question, where do I find that
imposter cook? His taunting is getting to me, lol.

What's the most likely place someone would go to in case a space station goes through a serious emergency?

He'll be at the escape pod on the bridge. Make sure to signal Danielle by hitting the pool window at the fitness center a few times with the wrench before dealing with the imposter

Hopeford

Just got my first ending, I think. Sort of.
I figured it would be cool to see what the "escape Talos" thing would do. Turns out the game actually lets you escape. Cool stuff hinting at what I think is the plot. I've solved all of the crew quarters sidequests and I'm going to deep storage next.
How long do I have until I finish the game? I'm loving every second of it so far.

Balboa

military bots
Use the glue gun to immobilise them and then beat them with the wrench until they drop to the the floor damaged but not destroyed (they will stay there like that indefinitely), you don't have to kill them that's what causes them to respawn.

I'm about to get this game. I have a general question about the multiple endings, please no specific spoilers.
I heard that there are some endings that end the game early. I also heard that using alien powers gives you a "bad" ending. I just want to know if using alien powers will end the game early for me. It sounds like one of the more fun ways to play, but don't want to miss out on a lot of the game.

bati

I'm about to get this game. I have a general question about the multiple endings, please no specific spoilers.
I heard that there are some endings that end the game early. I also heard that using alien powers gives you a "bad" ending. I just want to know if using alien powers will end the game early for me. It sounds like one of the more fun ways to play, but don't want to miss out on a lot of the game.

You have to go out of your way to get an early ending. It's basically a side quest so you can revert at any time, there is no point of no return or anything.

munroe

Using Typhon does not give you a bad ending, I went full Typhon and got the achievement for getting the best ending

munroe

Came across an annoying bug so I'm having to load an earlier save and hope it corrects itself, it's especially annoying as I'm trying to kill everyone

Rani isn't in the cargo bay where she should be after being saved in the arboretum even though the other npc`s comment as if she is and also, for some reason even though all of the Typhon in the area where you first enter the cargo bay have been killed, that guy won't open the damn air lock

New update for Xbox One. Are there patches or does anyone know what has changed? I wish they would add patch notes on the console itself.

Also, I have finished the game a few weeks ago but now I wonder about something. Someone mentioned something about a part with a green dot? I never encountered this. Anyone know what I mean?

New update for Xbox One. Are there patches or does anyone know what has changed? I wish they would add patch notes on the console itself.

Also, I have finished the game a few weeks ago but now I wonder about something. Someone mentioned something about a part with a green dot? I never encountered this. Anyone know what I mean?

Its in the
Looking Glass conference room in Hans Kelstrup's office. You click the green dot on the glass a few times, then suddenly a Phantom appears. Creeper out a fellow guys here and broke the glass in the process lol

As for the patch, it fixes a few things. Namely the glitch where you get the "The Nightmare is Hunting You" quest after completing "Copy Protection" despite not installing Typhon Neuromods

Its in the
Looking Glass conference room in Hans Kelstrup's office. You click the green dot on the glass a few times, then suddenly a Phantom appears. Creeper out a fellow guys here and broke the glass in the process lol

As for the patch, it fixes a few things. Namely the glitch where you get the "The Nightmare is Hunting You" quest after completing "Copy Protection" despite not installing Typhon Neuromods

Thanks man. Damn I actually didn't get that part then. :( but maybe good, better for my heart, hahaha.

Hopeford

Man, I'm really not a fan of the outer space sections. Like, I love the normal gameplay but I dread having to go outside the station. Not because it's difficult, just...well, it's sorta boring and annoying.

Also,
I love Dahl. He shows up basically out of nowhere and he talks like a cartoon villain. Got no idea who he is, barely know why he's here, and he's just like being all smug while everybody is dying for no reason at all it's great.

Stranya

Bought this today, enjoyed 2h on PS4 Pro, died in the lobby where you get the
neuromod
, clicked load last save, and the game crashed to desktop and corrupted all three saves, which now don't load - all crash to ps4 home screen with same error code (C-34878-0).

I realise 2h isn't that far, but even if I start again there's no guarantee it won't happen again. Game breaking bug need fixing. Sad face.

heringer

neuromod
, clicked load last save, and the game crashed to desktop and corrupted all three saves, which now don't load - all crash to ps4 home screen with same error code (C-34878-0).

I realise 2h isn't that far, but even if I start again there's no guarantee it won't happen again. Game breaking bug need fixing. Sad face.

Oh but it is. I would be really pissed with this, I don't have 2 hours to waste.

Stranya

Oh but it is. I would be really pissed with this, I don't have 2 hours to waste.
You're right, I was being kind. I'm furious, as Arkane said a previous patch fixed this issue, so I bought it and had 2h of free time today to enjoy it. An 18month year old son and a pregnant partner and a full time job doesn't leave a lot of free time, so it's highly irritating to have the little time I have wasted.

Little bugs are par for the course these days, but a bug that randomly corrupts all your saves and renders them unusable is beyond ridiculous.

Rant over!

neuromod

I just recently lost like 30 minutes of progress in SOMA and it almost made me quit the fucking game to be quite frank. It's incredibly frustrating and fun-murdering when you're an adult with barely any time to play as it is. That's the cherry on top of the fact you paid full price for a product that may or may not work. I know it's just 'the times' that this goes on, but I can't really wrap my head around it to be honest.

I'm STILL holding off on Prey pretty much because every time I pop in here to check on its state, it still seems fucked up.

Stranya

I just recently lost like 30 minutes of progress in SOMA and it almost made me quit the fucking game to be quite frank. It's incredibly frustrating and fun-murdering when you're an adult with barely any time to play as it is. That's the cherry on top of the fact you paid full price for a product that may or may not work. I know it's just 'the times' that this goes on, but I can't really wrap my head around it to be honest.

I'm STILL holding off on Prey pretty much because every time I pop in here to check on its state, it still seems fucked up.
Yep. Spent ages writing a ticket to technical support, and they basically replied with "try reloading your last save, or reinstalling the game. If that doesn't work, it's a bug, and we can't help further. Try posting on the forums."

I mean, the least they could do is pass it on when you've written out a ticket with all the details.

Grisby

What's the most likely place someone would go to in case a space station goes through a serious emergency?

He'll be at the escape pod on the bridge. Make sure to signal Danielle by hitting the pool window at the fitness center a few times with the wrench before dealing with the imposter
Thanks. The ending to that was a bit anti-climatic, lol.

Sande

Is it a bug when the personnel tracker just deactivates when I enter the GUTS looking for Josh Whatshisface? The tracker is supposed to take you to their bracelet so it's pretty odd that the whole things just disappears and apparently I'm supposed to look through the whole place myself.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. The ending to that was a bit anti-climatic, lol.

Thought the same,
he's just sitting there and I put one in his head and was like "oh, guess that's that then".

Eusis

Thought the same,
he's just sitting there and I put one in his head and was like "oh, guess that's that then".
After figuring things out
I'd just run up, disable the trap, let him blather, then he'd die. I'd loot the area... then throw the recycle charge in anyway for materials.

ISee

Finally finished the game (~25 hours). Explored a lot and did most of the side quests, I think. Game started very strong, but the last 25% were a big let down. Instead of fighting/sneaking my way through the endgame I honestly ran past most enemies, because they were able to sock too much damage and their re-spawning nature was annoying. Ruined the game for me a bit, to be honest.
Still one of the best 'dungeon crawlers' I've played in a long time, with some nice twists, but a bit too long with a bit too much running around back and forth if you want to do side quests and an annoying last part (visually cool though). A strong 8/10 for me.

Djostikk

Started my fourth playthrough, on PC this time. Damn, game feels so much better here, and controls on M/K are really well done.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished the game (~25 hours). Explored a lot and did most of the side quests, I think. Game started very strong, but the last 25% were a big let down. Instead of fighting/sneaking my way through the endgame I honestly ran past most enemies, because they were able to sock too much damage and their re-spawning nature was annoying. Ruined the game for me a bit, to be honest.
Still one of the best 'dungeon crawlers' I've played in a long time, with some nice twists, but a bit too long with a bit too much running around back and forth if you want to do side quests and an annoying last part (visually cool though). A strong 8/10 for me.

I very much agree with this, the game doesn't end strong at all, the actual ending was cool but the last hour or so wasn't fun IMO, the
military bots
were just annoying more than anything and definitely hurt the game for me. It was a toss up between 7 and 8/10 for me but the end portion cemented 7/10.

Top Bottom