• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

DeaDPo0L84

It lets you go small and fit into holes to access a variety of places, including getting through the broken shredded doors. With the last upgrade you can turn into an operator and fly or become a turret.

I...didnt know this, that changes things.,I didnt even think to try to get through the metal broken doors. I need to start experimenting more.

M.W.

Am I missing something? Is the only way to fill up your suit's armor with those suit packs lying around? I've been at 0 for hours now lol

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Any recommendations on what skills to upgrade first with neuromods? I've been saving them and haven't really done much yet. I have about 15. I'm not too far in. A couple hours.

No, I'd almost assume it was a programming oversight with the mimic coded to morph into whatever 3d model appeared in there.

Evidence for intentional: the cubby is the perfect size for the player to crawl into.
Unintentional: the copy seems to be in a T-pose

I'm going to say it's a little of both. Mimics can't animate morphed objects in a realistic manner anyway, so they left it in because it's both cool and funny.

DeaDPo0L84

apparently i missed the window by one day to get the cosmonaut dlc (had to wait for pay day 😐). Any one for some reason happen to have a spare code?

aravuus

~heavy object blocking your way~

"Hey, you need to have the skills to carry heavier objects...come back later"

~proceed to carry lighter objects and just push them into the heavier stuff to knock it out of the way"

Lol. Looks like I've been wasting Recycler Charges.

Compare firepower values, why fancy gun has worse stats?

uuuntitledthsbp.png

Huh. I could swear my regular pistol had max firepower of 17. Switched to the golden one since it was stronger and since then I've recycled all pistols I've come across without thinking about it. Maybe the guns you find later on are a bit stronger? Gotta keep this in mind

Lijik

Any recommendations on what skills to upgrade first with neuromods? I've been saving them and haven't really done much yet. I have about 15. I'm not too far in. A couple hours.

I did mobility first because thats what I always did first in the Dishonored series, and its really helped with exploration/getting the fuck outta dodge when going gets tight. If you're the type to go poking around in every nook and cranny i think its a good route to go since it'll let you explore the pipes and catwalks above rooms with ease. Plus im swimming in gloo gun ammo since i rarely need to use it make stairways.

Alucrid

Banned
Okay, has anyone figured out if you can kill (late game spoilers)
Danielle Mao? Right now she's the only person on my staff list that has a green check mark. No idea where to find her though, especially since she took off her collar. So I don't know if that green check mark is a in-game lore/story thing because she no longer has that tracker on and she's dead in space or if I missed the opportunity during the quest. End game I had 32 humans killed but I have no idea if that counts, say, people that died during the cargo bay fight.

mbpm1

This game is mad good. A streamer I watch put it that the game doesn't do a lot of new things exactly but it puts a lot of elements from other games pretty well while giving enough freshness to make the story/setting interesting, and I agree. Just got my first
typhon
power and can't wait to
become a coffee cup.

Foxxsoxx

Late game spoilers but I'm not sure if the game is glitchin or what but I keep failing getting
Dahl to safety. I try to fix the electricty surge but every time I let go of him he instantly dies. This has happened 20 times now....

ymgve

How do you get into the IT department closet in the Lobby? According to the tracker there are a few survivors in there. (Not that it matters that much, because finding all people was another achievement that prematurely triggered.)

Foxxsoxx

Speed mods, health, and slow down.

You're welcome trust me I wish I had them sooner xD

How do you get into the IT department closet in the Lobby? According to the tracker there are a few survivors in there. (Not that it matters that much, because finding all people was another achievement that prematurely triggered.)

I totally forgot about that door. Hm...

Varna

Ran into the first enemy this game clearly wanted me to run away from... nah. Let me just zip around the map shooting in the face with my shotgun when I can.

Do you ever get more
DRM Licenses for neuromods? I sure could use more of em..

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Lol. Looks like I've been wasting Recycler Charges.

Huh. I could swear my regular pistol had max firepower of 17. Switched to the golden one since it was stronger and since then I've recycled all pistols I've come across without thinking about it. Maybe the guns you find later on are a bit stronger? Gotta keep this in mind

How is that pistol so strong?? Just upgrade kits? mines dont seem to go that high

Look in the Security neuromod section. There's abilities that increase your gun damage to 120-150%.

ymgve

Ran into the first enemy this game clearly wanted me to run away from... nah. Let me just zip around the map shooting in the face with my shotgun when I can.

Do you ever get more
DRM Licenses for neuromods? I sure could use more of em..

When you reach the DRM limit on the neuromods it should have started a new quest chain.

Had a weird thing about with a certain enemy (
the Nightmare
)

A timer came up with the objective being to kill or escape the Nightmare. Timer ended, and about three seconds later, the objective was completed. I'm assuming that was a glitch or something

munroe

When you reach the DRM limit on the neuromods it should have started a new quest chain.

What is this drm limit, I've created around 20 and not hit the limit. On the fabricator my neuromod says Infinite licenses though.

Hey, where did you find the keycard for Psychotronics? I need to get in there for an objective. I got into the first room with the safe, but I need a keycard to get in further.

You need to do the machine labs, in there you're searching for someone's lab

peakish

How much can you upgrade
Typhon
powers before turrets
start shooting you?
I don't know the number, but you can check the status screen which will alert you if you pass the limit. I'll be quick saving before every upgrade and reload if I pass it. Bit of a pain I guess.

icedragon08

Neo Member
Had a weird thing about with a certain enemy (
the Nightmare
)

A timer came up with the objective being to kill or escape the Nightmare. Timer ended, and about three seconds later, the objective was completed. I'm assuming that was a glitch or something

Not a glitch
if you don't kill it in 3 minutes it vanishes and you "escaped" or you hide until the timer runs out. Happens everytime you encounter the Nightmare

Fight against that enemy
Nightmare is a total joke. Took 1 1/2 mags of upgraded pistol to kill it, next time I hid in a corner and killed it with one Q-Beam mag. Really expected more (playing on hard).

Moff

What is this drm limit, I've created around 20 and not hit the limit. On the fabricator my neuromod says Infinite licenses though.
You probably unlocked the drm before hitting the limit, I did that, too, on my first playthrough.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Can anyone confirm for me that the PS4 retail copy of the game has a "PS4 Pro" logo on it? I'm working on a video now and only have the digital versions but I'm hearing that it does. As it's clear that there IS no Pro support, I wanted to point that fact out.

Not a glitch
if you don't kill it in 3 minutes it vanishes and you "escaped" or you hide until the timer runs out. Happens everytime you encounter the Nightmare

Fight against that enemy
Nightmare is a total joke. Took 1 1/2 mags of upgraded pistol to kill it, next time I hid in a corner and killed it with one Q-Beam mag. Really expected more (playing on hard).

Yeah I was expecting
it to be unkillable like the Xenomorph or Nemesis. After the 3rd or so time I killed it, I was no longer worried about it. Psychoshock -> Combat Focus -> Unload with Pistol -> Nightmare Dead

If you kill the nightmare, is that it or will a new one spawn?

So, after having killed the nightmare
I can confirm that it comes back. I learned that the hard way. I loaded into an area that I knew I cleared moments ago, so you can imagine the jump scare, lol.

Caught off guard by this game.

I was one of the rare few that despite loving immersive sims, was completely unable to get into Dishonored 2, so this has been a real treat.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

I was one of the rare few that despite loving immersive sims, was completely unable to get into Dishonored 2, so this has been a real treat.
For me, Dishonored 2 didn't work simply because of the inherent stutter present in all versions of the game. They don't update camera position evenly so, even when you're getting perfect frame-times, it looks jittery in motion. The team never fixed it and it's so distracting that I cannot even play the game on any platform. Still bummed about that.

I bought this game pretty blind (I liked the original Prey... no joke). It's cool for sure, but the controls are SUPER floaty. They feel like Perfect Dark Zero controls, and in 2017 that's insane.

The game seems to think I'm constantly pressing up on my left analog stick. It's pretty obnoxious.

Edit: It's actually giving me some motion sickness. I have never once had motion sickness...

munroe

Seriously. I'm totally out of Gloo and I really feel like I shouldnt be

I actually barely use the Gloo gun and I've accumulated so far over 1000 gloo gun ammo without fabricating any, my fully upgraded trusty shotgun is all I need

It's cool for sure, but the controls are SUPER floaty. They feel like Perfect Dark Zero controls, and in 2017 that's insane.

PD0 controls are terrible nothing like Prey`s

mbpm1

I don't know the number, but you can check the status screen which will alert you if you pass the limit. I'll be quick saving before every upgrade and reload if I pass it. Bit of a pain I guess.

Cool, good to know.

Also whoever designed this scare is a genius lol

Decided to check out System Shock 2 again, like actually give it a real shot, and you can feel the cross-generation connections clear as day. In the inventory and stats and weapons/skills and the station design and so on

I am the same, but my reason for not getting into dishonored 2 was the story/world/setting

This is in my top 5 games i have played the last few years at least , and i am not even halfway through yet

Top Bottom