• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

ALM5252

Is it just me or does the game look worse than regular Brawl for some reason?

I can understand why you like it. But for me one of the reasons I was interested in this when it was first announced was that I thought it was just gonna fix Brawl, not do any changes to it. That's all I ever wanted, really. Gonna show it to my friends this weekend and see what they think of it.
if all you truly want is a fixed brawl with almost no changes then go download Balanced Brawl. that's literally what that mod is about.

Syril

I can understand why you like it. But for me one of the reasons I was interested in this when it was first announced was that I thought it was just gonna fix Brawl, not do any changes to it. That's all I ever wanted, really. Gonna show it to my friends this weekend and see what they think of it.

There is a mod out there already that does what you're thinking of called Balanced Brawl, designed explicitly with the intention of keeping Brawl's fundamentals the same with stuff like removing random tripping and buffing characters/moves that are underpowered. I've played it, it's pretty fun.

Jaeger

arh9.png

Dry Bowser's Final Smash.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
first things ive noticed is that roy is magnificent. ill have to get used to his up b being straight up rather than at a slight angle, but no biggie.

NEO0MJ

if all you truly want is a fixed brawl with almost no changes then go download Balanced Brawl. that's literally what that mod is about.

There is a mod out there already that does what you're thinking of called Balanced Brawl, designed explicitly with the intention of keeping Brawl's fundamentals the same with stuff like removing random tripping and buffing characters/moves that are underpowered. I've played it, it's pretty fun.

Interesting. Does it play like melee (L-canceling, wavedash) or just Brawl without the bull?

Anteo

Interesting. Does it play like melee (L-canceling, wavedash) or just Brawl without the bull?

It's brawl - tripping + balance

Also if you are interested in something that is not melee but is still faster than brawl, try out Brawl+ and Brawl-

Brawl+ is a dead mod right now. It was the first big mod and died for the community sins (actually it made the mistake of patching way too often and the last patch 6.0 isnt as balanced as 5.0 but have some interesting stuff not present in 5.0)

Brawl- is just crazy stuff all around.

None of these have l canceling or wave dashing (I think Brawl - had hybrid air dodge at one point, meaning it was possible to use either Brawl Air Dodge or Melee air dodge + wavedash at any point in the match, not sure if is still there)

emb

first things ive noticed is that roy is magnificent. ill have to get used to his up b being straight up rather than at a slight angle, but no biggie.
You can control that.

Unrelated: Brawl Minus is the best Brawl mod. Everything is just purposefully ridiculous and over the top, which is perfect for what I want out of mods.

NEO0MJ

Eh, I would have preferred it to play like melee. I'll just stick with project M, even if I don't like everything.

mobius006

Only if there is

More than one

And its a 3-4 player match

sorry thought this was a MUTIplayer game, not for couples :(

I get the idea of it for sure, and tournament scene. But balance all around is key.

Play 4 players a lot. without that, I feel like I'm better of with brawls basic issues at this point.

Gazoinks

I get the idea of it for sure, and tournament scene. But balance all around is key.

Play 4 players a lot. without that, I feel like I'm better of with brawls basic issues at this point.

...you could just not use a bunch of special models at once?

Unintended consequence on an amazing hack

They wanted to put in cool content and later found out that all the new stuff lags the game when used all at once.

They are working on fixing it. Give em a break damn

emb

...you could just not use a bunch of special models at once?
Yeah, but it sucks to have to worry about it. I almost never play teams if I can help it, but it's a lot nicer if you can just pick the characters and costumes you want.

Edit:
Well yeah, of course, but it seems weird for it to turn you off the entire mod.
Actually I agree. The mod is good enough to put up with stuff like that.

Gazoinks

Yeah, but it sucks to have to worry about it. I almost never play teams if I can help it, but it's a lot nicer if you can just pick the characters and costumes you want.

Well yeah, of course, but it seems weird for it to turn you off the entire mod.

Jaeger

There any videos/livestreams of the mod around right now? Can't install it at the moment.

Check out JCaesar's twitch account.

Have fun with that floaty character, random tripping then. Seriously, if you'd rather have that over everything else this mod does, then you are in the wrong thread and barking up the wrong tree.

Check out JCaesar's twitch account.

Have fun with that floaty character, random tripping then. Seriously, if you'd rather have that over everything else this mod does, then you are in the wrong thread and barking up the wrong tree.

I dont get the complaints

Its not like Nintendo is offering DLC. If anything these mods are a great way to add replay value and play around with some very cool assets and ideas

The mod doesn't permanently modify anything so you can easily switch between Vanilla/PM

What is with the haters honestly?

Unicorn

:| Not sure if serious.

There is no tournament Smash player who doesn't also enjoy Doubles. Every Smash tournament has singles and doubles.
True, but it's day one of 3.0, let's enjoy what IS here before jumping to all the negatives

Zomba13

What is the best way to go about installing this?

I have an EU Wii U (sister has my Wii now) with Homebrew channel and a NA copy of Smash I imported.
I have the EU version of Smash ripped to my PC for dolphin (ripped my flatmates copy while living together when at Uni).

I would like to play via dolphin if possible or if not then via the Wii U with as little faffing about as possible. How would I go about this? I saw someone link an iso patcher but when I ran it it said something about needing an NA iso. Will I need to rip my NA copy or is there a way to use my already ripped EU version?

What is the best way to go about installing this?

I have an EU Wii U (sister has my Wii now) with Homebrew channel and a NA copy of Smash I imported.
I have the EU version of Smash ripped to my PC for dolphin (ripped my flatmates copy while living together when at Uni).

I would like to play via dolphin if possible or if not then via the Wii U with as little faffing about as possible. How would I go about this? I saw someone link an iso patcher but when I ran it it said something about needing an NA iso. Will I need to rip my NA copy or is there a way to use my already ripped EU version?

Use a USB Loader in Homebrw channel to rip the NA disc to storage

Get a 2GB SD card and copy the homebrew.zip to it.

Unzip the contents and run teh USB loader. Turn on Ocarina codes and you are all set

Or just use the Disc and the Gecko Loader that comes with the homebrew.zip

I just bypassed paying for a new 2GB SD by stealing the one from my 3DS and moved the files over to the 8GB. Heheheheh.

Loving the improvements made so far. The only character I can say that has been "ruined" for me through this mod is Lucario. It's not that he's heavy (that's actually the one change that I love), it's just that the majority of his moves seem to work in ways that are completely different from before. Not sure if I can or want to adapt to it. :p

Jaeger

I just bypassed paying for a new 2GB SD by stealing the one from my 3DS and moved the files over to the 8GB. Heheheheh.

Loving the improvements made so far. The only character I can say that has been "ruined" for me through this mod is Lucario. It's not that he's heavy (that's actually the one change that I love), it's just that the majority of his moves seem to work in ways that are completely different from before. Not sure if I can or want to adapt to it. :p

Indeed, he is different. And he's such a beast.

Top Bottom