• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

ALM5252

Some pictures I took in Project M.

1_zps67160531.jpg
2_zps218efdfb.jpg

3_zpsee7d8376.jpg
4_zps7eadd4a3.jpg

Is that EX Bowser just an easter egg or is it supposed to be balanced for regular play as well?
Easter egg, he's not balanced. It'll be fun to play vs people you're way better than in Pichu vs Giga Bowser when Pichu gets added ;).

Is that a different version? I just tried Lucario, and his Aura Sphere was nowhere near that huge...
He probably used the EX version of Aura Sphere. When Lucario is charged if you use any special move and press A+B instead of just B he will do an EX version of it.

Unicorn

We need more gameplay vids posted in here. That way people can see how the game plays and how some of the changed characters should be used.

Revven

Is that EX Bowser just an easter egg or is it supposed to be balanced for regular play as well?

Giga Bowser is an easter egg, I'd hope TOs would know to have a rule for him... lol. At least he's no longer invincible to attacks -- the only thing is he can't be grabbed.

Gazoinks

Woo, I love Zelda's new Din's Fire. Suddenly she has tons of zoning power, and it's a lot of fun setting up combos to ping-pong people between the traps and your own attacks.

He probably used the EX version of Aura Sphere. When Lucario is charged if you use any special move and press A+B instead of just B he will do an EX version of it.

Press A+B when you have an Aura Charge (hands glowing). This works for his other specials too.

A+B when his hands are glowing.

Build up power by beating the opponent down with A attacks. Once them fist glow, press B + A to unleash dat power.
:eek:
So awesome!!!

Playing a three player game with all Giga Bowser is amazing!
Until the game crashes after the battle...

Mit-

Have you ever played Smash Bros. with friends who like to spam before?

Pit Side B + nearly infinite jump ability = hell no.
Take hits and run at him/roll through it/maneuver through the air. It's not like any of Pit's attacks hurt when you get in if you happen to get hit.

Or play the actually broken character and mash B with Meta Knight.

Dragoshi1

Bowser is such a beast.

He can KO mostly anybody with a fully charged side smash under 85% damage.

And I think I have a grasp on Mewtwo now. However, I still don't know how to counter fast moving characters.

Crub

I'm running Project M game from USB loader and the game is running at half speed with inverted colors. Is this some kind of anti-piracy (I haven't pirated the game) or is it due to something else?

Miker

Are there any other Dolphin users who find that there's audio stuttering even at a solid 60 fps? I've tried 4.0.2 and 3.5. Strangely enough, it seems limited to Project M - vanilla Brawl's audio is just fine.

TDLink

Is there a list of which vanilla stages are being replaced? I'd like to keep some of them but I'm not sure what to delete.

I think it's Mushroomy Kingdom, Luigi's Mansion, 75M, Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Skyworld, Distant Planet, Norfair, Mario Kart, Hanenbow, Spear Pillar, WarioWare, New Pork City, Green Greens, Green Hill Zone, Final Destination...

That is probably not the complete list though as I feel I am forgetting some.

Saikyo

Are there any other Dolphin users who find that there's audio stuttering even at a solid 60 fps? I've tried 4.0.2 and 3.5. Strangely enough, it seems limited to Project M - vanilla Brawl's audio is just fine.

Limit FPS by audio, that fixed for me.

Still if you play with more than one Roy and/or Mewtwo the game will lag and framerate will drop even if you have a godlike pc.

Tried to test 4 Roys on a stage...wow, 30 fps.

Miker

Limit FPS by audio, that fixed for me.

Still if you play with more than one Roy and/or Mewtwo the game will lag and framerate will drop even if you have a godlike pc.

Tried to test 4 Roys on a stage...wow, 30 fps.

Didn't fix it for me. Actually, Project M seems to blue screen Dolphin one out of every few times I launch it. Guess I'll leave it alone for now.

The Lamp

Take hits and run at him/roll through it/maneuver through the air. It's not like any of Pit's attacks hurt when you get in if you happen to get hit.

Or play the actually broken character and mash B with Meta Knight.

I'd rather play the properly balanced version of the game, Project M, thanks.

Anbec7

So I got another wii from a friend.

I got the 2 GB SD card but... is not working?

Im sure there are no stages in the stage creator nor the smash update.

And I unzipped the hackless method in the SD card.

Any tips?

Anteo

Bowser is such a beast.

He can KO mostly anybody with a fully charged side smash under 85% damage.

And I think I have a grasp on Mewtwo now. However, I still don't know how to counter fast moving characters.

Bowser has super armor in many of his moves, meaning he can trade, not go anywhere and still hit them back. I'm pretty sure its when he is glowing red in the middle of the attacks. Also I think you cant abosb everything so..

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
happen to have some quick and dirty instructions? I'm running into some errors with wget and I'm not entirely sure I have all the files in the right paths. Really itching to play this.

put the builder, project m and the iso in the same folder and let it rip

Kokonoe

Banned
has anyone had any success running this on dolphin 4.0? i keep getting no sd card found errors

Did you do this?

5g7Zqqs.png

So I got another wii from a friend.

I got the 2 GB SD card but... is not working?

Im sure there are no stages in the stage creator nor the smash update.

And I unzipped the hackless method in the SD card.

Any tips?

If the card is SDHC it won't work.

Son Of D

I really want to try this, but all I have is a UK WiiU. Is it possible for me to bypass the region lock on the Wii mode and use a US Brawl disc to play the mod? Or does it have to be a US Wii/WiiU?

So, I've been having an odd issue and thought I'd post in the off chance that anyone has ever heard of this.

If I play with a Wii Remote (or Nunchuck, CC, etc. attached to one), it will randomly cut out during a match every few seconds or even multiple times in a second. By "cut out", I mean it will act as if I let go of a button and then started pressing it again. The best way I've found to test is to start a match and then hold down to make the character crouch. If I'm using a Wiimote, the character will occasionally stand up and then immediately crouch again. This is very troublesome when trying to play because, for example, it will make the character do a double-jump when I didn't intend it, and so on.

This happens on both my Wii U and my Wii, with all of my four Wii Remotes (two of which are Pluses), though seemingly only with Brawl (and Project M), and no other game on either console. Wavebirds and other GameCube controllers don't exhibit the problem during the same matches when the Wiimotes do.

I've searched around online and the few instances I've found were solved by people turning off their wireless speaker systems. I have no such system. I'd blame it on interference from my new apartment building, but the same thing happens in my parents' rural house hundreds of miles away as well as my friends' apartment a couple dozen miles from there. I doubt they all have the same interference going on. And there's the fact that it only affects this one game...

Has anyone ever heard of this? So strange...

Top Bottom