• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Revven

The 3.0 hype is real, it's confirmed. Wrist straps are everywhere

Also, IGN is uploading PM coverage to their youtube channel (don't have the link on me atm).

Soulstar

PM 3.0 is incredibly good. I'm having a problem though I can't seem to find the options to change the music for Skyloft. The stage doesn't seem to be there or maybe I just missed it.

Revven

PM 3.0 is incredibly good. I'm having a problem though I can't seem to find the options to change the music for Skyloft. The stage doesn't seem to be there or maybe I just missed it.

Skyloft goes over Hanenbow, which has no my music selection (that's how Brawl was). You can change its .brstm though in the SD Card itself -- I, personally, forget which .brstm it is but someone linked to a guide on replacing stage music that should include the list of stage music and their associated file names on the disc a page ago, I think.

qq more

Something I've been wondering when I played online last night: Is it me or is the input lag noticeably better online? I'm guessing it has to do with the input lag fix on the controls in general since it's impossible to fix input lag from the online side or maybe I'm just very used to it now?

Azure J

Turbo Mode is the inspired little thing that makes me spend years of my life in a game's training mode. Holy shit.

Marf is top 1 FREE in that mode. Imagine that in about 45 minutes worth of sets with fucking Wii Remote and Nunchuck configurations, I went from "buttons everywhere" to creating fucking custom combos on the fly. Marth's uptilt is the sexiest fucking thing in the world when you can jump cancel it.

Soulstar

Skyloft goes over Hanenbow, which has no my music selection (that's how Brawl was). You can change its .brstm though in the SD Card itself -- I, personally, forget which .brstm it is but someone linked to a guide on replacing stage music that should include the list of stage music and their associated file names on the disc a page ago, I think.

Ok thanks. It's good to know I wasn't just overlooking it.

Revven

Something I've been wondering when I played online last night: Is it me or is the input lag noticeably better online? I'm guessing it has to do with the input lag fix on the controls in general since it's impossible to fix input lag from the online side or maybe I'm just very used to it now?

That would definitely be part of it, the input lag that's naturally in Brawl is a huge detriment to WiFi when WiFi by itself adds 6 frames of delay on its own iirc. So then you're talking like a possible 7-8 frames of delay in Brawl, which is huge. I think it's even worse if you're using a Wii Remote (not 100% sure).

qq more

That would definitely be part of it, the input lag that's naturally in Brawl is a huge detriment to WiFi when WiFi by itself adds 6 frames of delay on its own iirc. So then you're talking like a possible 7-8 frames of delay in Brawl, which is huge. I think it's even worse if you're using a Wii Remote (not 100% sure).

How many frames of delay did Brawl naturally have?

Have you ever played Smash Bros. with friends who like to spam before?

Pit Side B + nearly infinite jump ability = hell no.
In Vanilla Brawl? Pit's an average character, really. Mediocre. Not even close to being broken. If you're having trouble with spammy Pit players then that's a sign that you have a lot of room to improve, not that Pit's broken. ;P

Anteo

In Vanilla Brawl? Pit's an average character, really. Mediocre. Not even close to being broken. If you're having trouble with spammy Pit players then that's a sign that you have a lot of room to improve, not that Pit's broken. ;P

I think he is talking about casual game. Like Ike is really overpowered at casual level ffa stuff. But at higher levles he is not that good.

When you go to the music folder of your Project M download there's a handy txt file included that shows which songs are replaced.

shaowebb

Holy shit, they just confirmed after the Project M 3.0 tourney they WILL be having a Project M 3.0 Turbo Mode Tourney! :D

I think he is talking about casual game. Like Ike is really overpowered at casual level ffa stuff. But at higher levles he is not that good.

even in FFA Pit isn't really good, at least Ike can land an f-smash when you're not paying attention

Revven

wait seriously
wow

Yes, I'm prettyyyy sure it's like 0-2 but if you're using a Wiimote it could be more than that.

There's a thread on Smashboards somewhere that goes more into detail on it -- it was fixed in the Project M Demo 2.5 release. There's a video on the official Project M youtube channel demonstrating it in action.

Snake without rockets.

I'm having real trouble wrapping my mind around playing Snake without the rockets.

I found some pretty inventive ways to use those things in past Project M releases. The Tranq Gun is real strange as a replacement but I'm sure I'll find it useful. It's just that's one less zoning options and kill move and recovery saver etc. and I had the move pretty integrated into my playstyle. Oh well lately I've been playing with a more close-combat oriented approach (thanks to the amazing properties of Snake's recovery move) and at least his forward smash has been buffed slightly

Fucking Samus's ice beam mode is ace. So ace. Kill moves cannon uppercuts and spikes hngggh

Mistle

I have a PAL Wii.

Will this work if I use Homebrew to bypass region locking on an NTSC copy? Or does my Wii also have to be NTSC?

Geedorah

put the builder, project m and the iso in the same folder and let it rip

Have tried - first got errors saying cygidn-11.dll was not present. So I installed Cygwin x64 since I am on Windows 8 64bit...

Now it either:
1) fails to open/load/find any of the projectm files, even though I have put the extracted contents of the rar and the rar itself in the same directory as the batch file or
2) when run as administrator it just says it can't find the projectm directory and asks for a riivolution.zip/projectm/pj directory

... it's very annoying.
I've got it working fine in Dolphin, besides it crashing randomly - and I have a 2GB SD card on route, so I'm hoping to just get it running on my Wii and be done with it. REALLY would love to find a way to merge the ISO, would be so much better to add to my wbfs collection and just load without issue...

Anbec7

Is there a list of all the easter eggs yet?
Man this version is full of surprises is definitely helping me with the Hype for the next smash

Also how exactly Lucario works now?
is there a secret taunt for characters that do something?

EDIT: IS there new music in this? some songs I don´t remember them..

Hey, guys thought it would be fun to record a 16 second stupid custom match using Turbo ... at 1080p120fps!

https://mega.co.nz/#!hhMGQQiZ!AbOEk1-rMxxGRUOMnn-lRxIm7NAHJk_sEID9mcfRQkk

Captured on a RAMDisk, the original file was 1.37GB, and has a video bitrate of 2916 Mbps. So I put that sucker into Handbrake and popped out something a A LOT smaller.

Yeah, so don't be surprised if you have a few playback problems in fullscreen. Also, there wont be much of a benefit to you if you don't have a 120hz screen. Using Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic is recommended. See here for a similar example. . I used the same settings for encoding as the the video in that link (read the comments, 100mb version).

Special Brawl Match Settings
Stamina, 300
Size: Mega
Gravity: Heavy

Rules
Damage Ratio: 0.5

Shimesaba

I finally got it to run!

Now... how do you wavedash? xD

Is there a guide to this version?

Thanks!

You wavedash by jumping (with X or Y) and then immediately air-dodging diagonally down (L or R plus a direction). If you can see the character leave the ground, you're doing it too slowly, the airdodge should ideally be on the first frame possible.

The engine is fundamentally more similar to Melee than Brawl, so most material on the fundamentals of Melee gameplay (barring character tiers/specific moves) will still be accurate. Smashboards has PM character-specific forums.

why doesn't snake have the rocket

what monster did this
Probably Professor Pro? I think he's the PMBR's main Snake guy. I've always felt the Nikita was out of place in PM's faster-paced environment, but I'm not sure of their specific motivations. If the tranq gun is really unpopular, they'll probably bring it back.

Zee-Row

Banned
I grabbed one on Amazon for like 6$, Prime shipping. Hope to see it tomorrow or Thursday.

Yeah i bought a used one for $3 on Ebay just now. As long as it works i'm good. Quick question though. Does the SD card have to stay in the Wii U to continue using this mod or will it install in the internal memory?

Beats

Turbo Mode and Stamina mode together is kind of amusing lol. I wonder if there's a way to up the max hp to more than 300.

ALM5252

Turbo Mode and Stamina mode together is kind of amusing lol. I wonder if there's a way to up the max hp to more than 300.

Play Turbo Mode with Bunny Hood, Metal, Stamina and Heavy Gravity. Also change the damage ratio to 0.5. That is amazing. Use Ganondorf under those settings and use his up-b on the ground as you grab someone over and over again.

r8CRQPH.gif
This Squeak guy is so cute
r8CRQPH.gif

Kyzon

How do you hover as Mewtwo again? Can't seem to get it to activate properly, probably doesn't help i'm using a 360 controller.

Hold down and press Jump.

You can only use it in place of your second jump though, so if you've already used that you won't hover.

Top Bottom