• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Haha. You shoul play Soul Hackers then xD

Heh, I did and enjoyed it. I've played most of the SMT games released in the states. Just having a real tough time with Devil Survivor. I think a lot of it is how slow the enemy turns take, I just get frustrated when they heal themselves for the 20th time.

I was having a hard time with Devil Survivor until I found a demon combo that allowed me to totally breeze through the endgame with minimal use of anyone that wasn't the main character.

Tell me of this dark magic.

Codeblue

Heh, I did and enjoyed it. I've played most of the SMT games released in the states. Just having a real tough time with Devil Survivor. I think a lot of it is how slow the enemy turns take, I just get frustrated when they heal themselves for the 20th time.

Tell me of this dark magic.

I poured a huge majority of my points into MC's strength, got one demon that allowed for double attacks and another that allowed for attacking from a distance, upgrading them only when new demons appeared that have these skills. Pretty much brute forced my way through the game.

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
I preordered a copy from GameStop a little while back. Does anyone know, since the release date is the 24th, will GameStop have my copy today (Monday) or will it not be until tomorrow (Tuesday, 25th).

I'm asking because usually GameStop texts me about my preorders. But I didn't get anything over the weekend...
They probably already have it. My store already has copies in our back room I just can't pick it up until tomorrow.

Packages like this makes me remember that I have zero devices in my house that can play cd's outside of my ps3 lol.

ultrabook has no dvd drive, my old car only got a cassette player, I disconnected my dvd drive on my desktop because i needed it for another hd.

RangerBAD

Gamestop just called!

ron-paul.gif

lol so apparently this is a mini war going on between this and muramasa hd thread lol.

I think ill side with this even if this might not be as good (well i didn't really enjoy muramasa on wii that much outside of visuals, and all the new content for vita is extra paid dlc >.>).

Why not get both? Damn fan boys ruin everything. Thankfully there are level headed gamers who will treat themselves to both pieces of the pie.

(if anything id rage if I had got mura on the wii, glad I didn't buy it then, even used)

Why not get both? Damn fan boys ruin everything. Thankfully there are level headed gamers who will treat themselves to both pieces of the pie.

(if anything id rage if I had got mura on the wii, glad I didn't buy it then, even used)

how so? It's like the same game as the vita one. It even looks gorgeous on dolphin.

fates

I can already see it now.

"6.8/10 - It's OK" - IGN

That's being generous. Unless you like the franchises involved this game can be disappointing. I expect this game to get some harsh comments, unfortunately. Then again, I also don't care about reviews so...

I don't remember seeing the option...

There isn't a "release day" option but Two-Day shipping selected on a preorder will give you release day delivery.

BlackJace

That's being generous. Unless you like the franchises involved this game can be disappointing. I expect this game to get some harsh comments, unfortunately. Then again, I also don't care about reviews so...

There isn't a "release day" option but Two-Day shipping selected on a preorder will give you release day delivery.

ooooh, dammit.

n00bsauce

Banned
The demo was fun, but I have no idea who all these characters are, lol. Not sure if it's a buy still.

Just like any new IP, you have new characters. Play the game to find out who they are. Name recognition should never be a deciding factor on if we should play the game. But again, this is just my opinion.

Just like any new IP, you have new characters. Play the game to find out who they are. Name recognition should never be a deciding factor on if we should play the game. But again, this is just my opinion.

like with super robot wars, its also quite fun wikipediaing up characters you aren't familiar with.

learn about other game series and what not.

RangerBAD

like with super robot wars, its also quite fun wikipediaing up characters you aren't familiar with.

learn about other game series and what not.

Trying to figure out what cool mecha show a character came from. Too bad we don't get games like that over here. Have to rely on fan translations. (Still crying over Front Mission 2 fan translation being dropped.)

Damnit, the store I preordered from is still holding it until tomorrow.

No, I can't get it yet. Just got a reminder call for tomorrow. lol

Bururian

This game is gonna get slammed on its almost nonexistent story. 10 Chapters in, and it's more or less all the Characters talking about stuff from their world and the like, and wondering why they are all brought together and what not.

RMI

Banned
This game is gonna get slammed on its almost nonexistent story. 10 Chapters in, and it's more or less all the Characters talking about stuff from their world and the like, and wondering why they are all brought together and what not.

So it's not the Citizen Kane of video games?

I think it's unrealistic to expect a super gripping narrative from a game like this. It should probably just be dumb fun. Is it that at least?

Bururian

So it's not the Citizen Kane of video games?

I think it's unrealistic to expect a super gripping narrative from a game like this. It should probably just be dumb fun. Is it that at least?

I'm having so much fun with this game. I'm not even kidding. I haven't been able to put it down except for the daily switch to Animal Crossing New Leaf.

It's a really fun game, just don't go in expecting the best game you've ever played. I'm loving it for the fanservice alone.

I'm having so much fun with this game. I'm not even kidding. I haven't been able to put it down except for the daily switch to Animal Crossing New Leaf.

It's a really fun game, just don't go in expecting the best game you've ever played. I'm loving it for the fanservice alone.

That's nice to hear.

fates

I

Pretty much. This is a game where the fanservice (not talking about the boobs here either) carries it. Like for me, it's the novelty of having Valkyria Chronicles, God Eater, Mega Man X, Darkstalkers and Sakura Taisen in the SAME game on the SAME stage beating up villains from those games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty much. This is a game where the fanservice (not talking about the boobs here either) carries it. Like for me, it's the novelty of having Valkyria Chronicles, God Eater, Mega Man X, Darkstalkers and Sakura Taisen in the SAME game on the SAME stage beating up villains from those games.
Agreed. I want to say "I just played a game where I had Chun-Li and Morrigan fight Heihachi while summoning Japanese Bruce Willis and then had two Sakura Wars characters beat on Lord Raptor while Ulala made Space Harrier guy, Opa-Opa, and Alien Storm robot attack with Kos-Mos & T-elos providing support". You can't really say that about any other game.

RMI

Banned

awesome. that's exactly what I want to hear!

Sanger Zonvolt was one of the last characters I was expecting to be in this honestly. Still awesome to hear his "Aku wo tatsu tsurugi nari!"

Got my confirmation from Newegg!
To be honest, it still feels sort of surreal that this is even being localized, much less given a physical release with goodies rather than an eShop-only deal like Unchained Blades.

Bii

Wow game's sold out in Amazon I wonder how much was their initial shipment?

Guess its a good thing that I didn't cancel my order. I was going to wait it out and pick it up later since Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Donkey Country Returns 3D is keeping me busy.

Neki

You do have a point, but I've always found a game featuring an ensemble cast where I know most of the characters more enjoyable, like Tales of the Radiant Mythology or Marvel vs Capcom 3. I'll see though, I have a strategy RPG itch that I wanted to fill with Fire Emblem but I might use this game instead. :p

Bururian

I also realize that a lot of you are probably going to go screaming by me in speed on the game, despite me being 10 or so chapters in. If only I didn't have to work this weekend :p

vctor182

It may ride along the New Leaf wave a have good sales

Guess its a good thing that I didn't cancel my order. I was going to wait it out and pick it up later since Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Donkey Country Returns 3D is keeping me busy.

I was really close of cancelling my preorder two weeks ago thinking I would not have enough money or time since SMT IV releases very soon but after seeing the goodies it comes with I decided to go with it.

Top Bottom