• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is it just me or did they recolor the Die Hard dude?
You're right, they did. Just got to that part & he now has a black jacket with green sleeves. This was his JPN look:

john-bruno-project-x-zone.png

Only thing that comes to mind is that they didn't want to risk the whole "Bruce Willis" lookalike stuff and changed it so they wouldn't get in trouble.

Arelaz

Well, had my copy preordered at newegg since a coupon code came out last year, so it was way in advance.Nonetheless I just got it in the mail and to my dismay it's just the game box, standard edition. I thought all of the release date copies were going to be LE's, but I guess not...anyone else experience this from Newegg?

LuuKyK

Well this is some bullshit. The game is still not up on the brazilian eshop. The thing is some other games supposedly due for today are already up, like that lego something, and the PXZ demo disappeared from the store for some reason. I am starting to get worried.

Well, had my copy preordered at newegg since a coupon code came out last year, so it was way in advance.Nonetheless I just got it in the mail and to my dismay it's just the game box, standard edition. I thought all of the release date copies were going to be LE's, but I guess not...anyone else experience this from Newegg?

What the hell? Now I'm worried about my Newegg preorder.
I'll know tomorrow, either way.

Isaccard

Fuck Newegg. Time to hit Gamestop. I'll sell that copy when it comes in.

Somnia

wow the LE is already going for almost $70. I have a feeling this might be a good collectors item. Picking mine up soon but not gonna open it. Will just buy a digital version.

Omnicent

I'm glade I ordered through amazon. That same day shipping of release (always worth the extra since I'm so impatient).
I considered newegg at first, but I'm glade I opted out on that decision.

Hopefully this will keep me occupied (along with XIV beta phase 3 and 4) till the 16th of next month (SMT4 into my veins please!)

wow the LE is already going for almost $70. I have a feeling this might be a good collectors item. Picking mine up soon but not gonna open it. Will just buy a digital version.
The next Xenoblade (*cries* I want to play it but not for $150+...)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished the 5th prologue chapter. I feel like this is one of those games that is best played in short bursts. It's fun in small doses, but the repetition can start to sink in if you play it for too long. Though I'm still enjoying it and some of the interactions and references between the characters. & that Crosspedia explaining the characters, villains, and some terms thrown around is a nice touch as well for those who might not know every single detail about every game/franchise.

& this is a small/minor nitpick, but why is it the CD case has to be flipped vertically/upside down instead of horizontally to read the listing? The other bonus CDs I got (Persona 4 Arena and Zone of the Enders) are like any other CD case where you flip the side instead of the top/bottom. Just a weird thing I noticed considering I haven't seen any other CD case do that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I've noticed, certain solo units will have different conversations based on which pair you team them up with. Not sure about any "secret" ones, though.

Need to figure out when (or which unit) to use Bruno on. I can't seem to find a good time to use him with Chun-Li/Morrigan.

Ryuukan

Both gamestop.com and bestbuy.com have it in stock, doesnt seem rare yet

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Well, fuck. Mine's coming from Newegg too and several people on CAG are also reporting that their Newegg copies came without bonus. Considering that Newegg supposedly has terrible customer service regarding returns, I'm going to be so pissed if mine is standard.

Gamestop.com still claims to have the LE in stock on their site. I'm going to gamble and order one, and if it arrives standard, I'll just return it to the store, I guess.

Somnia

Xenoblade has no digital version and was only sold through 1 retailer. Your signs need help

Wow really? The 5 gamestops in town are all sold out, amazon is out and prices are already rising on sites. It is all just a guess and like I said we shall see, nothing is guaranteed either way, never said it was.

Digital will keep prices in check, but it won't stop a LE from being a collectors item.

Well, fuck. Mine's coming from Newegg too and several people on CAG are also reporting that their Newegg copies came without bonus. Considering that Newegg supposedly has terrible customer service regarding returns, I'm going to be so pissed if mine is standard.

Gamestop.com still claims to have the LE in stock on their site. I'm going to gamble and order one, and if it arrives standard, I'll just return it to the store, I guess.

damn... well I don't think i actually care much about the LE stuff I guess... and Newegg was 7 bucks cheaper.

Now if SMT4 doesn't come with the shit... i'm gonna internet rage :mad:

I just got back from Target, and got another copy of LE. They had only 3 copies including the one I bought. I'm going to play right now.

RMI

Banned
not sure if the one I have on order is going to be a LE or standard, but don't want to risk waiting to find out. Going to hit up the Target & Gamestop after work here in a bit.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Got my copy!! A nice rare tuesday release so for once I'll say thanks gamestop! If this does well enough at retail can we like shove it in Capcoms face with the retail AA5 push o.o?

chrono01

Mine arrived earlier today, although EBGames used a flimsy bubble-mailer [again!]. My Limited Edition box was dented in a few areas, but it still wasn't as bad as previous ones [such as Persona 4 Golden].

I really wish they'd improve their packing. How hard would it be to use a box for items such as this? It doesn't help that the cardboard used for the LE is extremely delicate. :(

I'm surprised to see it sold out already on so many sites. It almost makes me regret not pre-ordering a second, but the next few months will be expensive enough [so many releases!], I can't really afford to buy duplicates of titles. :)

NeonZ

Well this is some bullshit. The game is still not up on the brazilian eshop. The thing is some other games supposedly due for today are already up, like that lego something, and the PXZ demo disappeared from the store for some reason. I am starting to get worried.

Has this ever happened before? I'm from Brazil too, and the same thing happened here. The demo vanished and the real game is nowhere in sight. And it's not only the download missing. There doesn't even seem to be an entry with the description and screenshots anymore.

LuuKyK

Has this ever happened before? I'm from Brazil too, and the same thing happened here. The demo vanished and the real game is nowhere in sight. And it's not only the download missing. There doesn't even seem to be an entry with the description and screenshots anymore.

I dont know if it happened before... But yeah, I noticed that too. There were trailers and the demo there. Now the entry for the game still exists (with descriptions and screens) because I have it in my wishlist and its there, as is the trailer. I dont know man, this is some weird shit. Like an error or something. Maybe the game will appear later? I will wait till midnight before calling the game MIA. lol This is really sad. I was looking forward to playing it today. :( Is there a way to contact Nintendo?

Edit: Some other people are complaining about this here too: http://www.wii-brasil.com/noticia.php?id=42137

Nintendo Brasil doesnt exist so I dont know who to ask on twitter. Help?

NeonZ

Now the entry for the game still exists (with descriptions and screens) because I have it in my wishlist and its there, as is the trailer. I dont know man, this is some weird shit.

Hm... The entry doesn't appear through the search features though. I've tried searching for the publisher and the game doesn't appear to be listed. I guess it works kind of like games removed from the Wii VC, which can still be downloaded by people who bought them before but don't appear otherwise.

LuuKyK

Hm... The entry doesn't appear through the search features though. I've tried searching for the publisher and the game doesn't appear to be listed. I guess it works kind of like games removed from the Wii VC, which can still be downloaded by people who bought them before but don't appear otherwise.

Well, this sucks. As I said it appears for me because I had it on my wish list since who knows when, but I obviously didnt buy the game before, since it wasnt even available in the first place. What is mosr weird is that I received a notification earlier today saying that a game on my wishlist was availabe to purchase, and as PXZ is the only game I have there, it really made it seems like it was up on the eshop, but yeah... reeeealy weird. Wtf is going on? ...

NeOak

Got my LE from amazon. One corner had been dented.

Said what the hell, opened it. First time MH3U has been out of my 3DS since it came out.

squall23

Wait there isn't a regular edition of this is there? When I preordered I just told them project x zone, thinking that the package with the cd, etc was the only one.
All first prints of the game are limited editions. Regular editions would be second shipments.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

This better not be true or I'm gonna be steamed :\

MrDaravon

All first prints of the game are limited editions. Regular editions would be second shipments.

Newegg, as confirmed on this very page, is selling only a standard edition. Someone on Gamefaqs complained to Namco and says they got this email for what it's worth:

We have looked into this and it seems that the Newegg retailer is only selling the standard edition of the game. Unfortunately, there's really not much we can do in your situation as this service primarily only exchanges defective copies of games for a properly working copy. As such the only thing we would be able to do would be to exchange the game (if it was defective) for another copy of the game and not for a different version.

The only recommendation we can make for this would be to contact Newegg and see if you can return the game for a refund (as they will usually allow this if the game is still sealed) and then purchase a copy of the limited edition version from a retailer that is offering it such as Gamestop/Amazon.

A LOT of people on there saying their Newegg order was the standard only and not the LE, but not seeing reports of this anywhere else. So as long as you didn't pre-order from Newegg it seems like you're probably fine? I just picked up my copy at Gamestop, they had zero copies for sale past pre-orders, I saw the stack and it only looked like there was 4 or 5 pre-orders. Given the already fairly niche nature of the game I can't imagine they did a big run on this.

Codeblue

Grabbed the last copy at a Target close to me. I was going to wait until I had more time to play it, but it looks like the limited editions are going super quick.

Just placed a Pick Up @ Store with Gamestop.
I'll have to head there tomorrow now and hope they grab an LE for me.

I try to save some money with Newegg and get screwed over for it. Not cool. :(

Tangeroo

I just bought the game from the eShop due to pure GAF hype and I'm pretty pleased so far. The artwork and voicework is pure doujinshi quality but it works considering the game is basically professional fanfic. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm not sure if there's any actual strategy to the game. I guess it's still fun but does it actually get strategic at any point?

Arelaz

Yeah. Looks like there isn't much we can do, because Namco gave Newegg SE's to ship.
I never had a problem with Newegg before but now I'm worried for SMT4.

At least, the product page for SMT4 shows all of the LE items..so I think we'll be okay.

LuuKyK

I just bought the game from the eShop due to pure GAF hype and I'm pretty pleased so far. The artwork and voicework is pure doujinshi quality but it works considering the game is basically professional fanfic. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm not sure if there's any actual strategy to the game. I guess it's still fun but does it actually get strategic at any point?

Are you from the US too? I wonder if only the US received the game via eshop? Can anyone confirm the game is out in Europe or other country from other region?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just placed a Pick Up @ Store with Gamestop.
I'll have to head there tomorrow now and hope they grab an LE for me.

I try to save some money with Newegg and get screwed over for it. Not cool. :(
Yup, i drove to best buy as soon as I heard this nonsense. I can't believe that newegg copies are the same price, came out at the same time, but two completely different SKUs.

Oh well, I got my game now, but it looks like I will have to eat a restocking fee from newegg after I return it :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder if complaining to capcom would do any good lol.
Ya mean Namco?

I heard Demo B was finally hitting EU on Thursday, which I guess for them is cool since they don't get the game until next week, but I wonder why the US didn't get it (then watch, we'll get it the same day).

Top Bottom