• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Reveirg

Wow, I had set my expectations pretty low after reading some of the import impressions, but I gotta admit I'm having a thrill so far.

I got to Prologue 5 and there's so much crazy-retro-awesomeness!!

The presentation is great, the music is appropriately very nostalgic and the gameplay is pretty fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Are there any other music changes for localized versions? Bummer about the OP vocals being gone. Noticed it this morning when I was watching a youtube video.

Markun

Are there any other music changes for localized versions? Bummer about the OP vocals being gone. Noticed it this morning when I was watching a youtube video.

World's Love got replaced by some music from what I assume is from Exa for the Shining Force duo.

There's also no Over The Clouds. Endless Voracity replaces Over The Clouds for Soma & Alisa's special which stinks because the Over The Clouds special just isn't the same without Over The Clouds playing.

Going by the demo, I can also say that Mexican Flyer was replaced with Coco Tapioca for Ulala's music.

Oh yeah, and I think High Rise to Hell was replaced with something else for not-Bruce Willis's music. Not sure on this one though.

Woot! My Pickup's of the day.......

Wish Muramasa was out already too...

9140883872_a0dd5e0ca9_c.jpg

Also WHERE THE HELL IS STRIDER?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
World's Love got replaced by some music from what I assume is from Exa for the Shining Force duo.

There's also no Over The Clouds. Endless Voracity replaces Over The Clouds for Soma & Alisa's special which stinks because the Over The Clouds special just isn't the same without Over The Clouds playing.

Going by the demo, I can also say that Mexican Flyer was replaced with Coco Tapioca for Ulala's music.
What the heck, was there some licensing issues with Sega and music or something? World's Love was one of the themes I really enjoyed (& was hoping would be on the CD). Even weirder, why is it they got replaced with other songs from the exact same game? I guess World's Love was done by another artist, so that could've caused issues, but still....

cj_iwakura

Weird. Ah well. The localization is fantastic so far. At Prologue 3 with Haken and Kaguya. <3

Almost makes up for not getting Endless Frontier Exceed. Almost.

Kincaido

Oh yeah, and I think High Rise to Hell was replaced with something else for not-Bruce Willis's music. Not sure on this one though.

Damn, no Over the Clouds is a real bummer. Was hoping it would make it to the full game. Really love it. I'm still glad that I get a chance to play the game without importing a 3DS though.

It....it was in the Japanese version? If it was I may weep. I love that song. ;_;

StatsChu

Neo Member
Got to Chapter 5. The game seems easier than Endless Frontier, yet the combo system is much more fun.

I wish Aschen was in this game though .... Aschen PUNCH!!!

RangerBAD

Got to Chapter 5. The game seems easier than Endless Frontier, yet the combo system is much more fun.

I wish Aschen was in this game though .... Aschen PUNCH!!!

At chapter 9 or 10 it gets harder. I just got a Game Over. I probably just didn't abuse items.

Too busy being relegated to extra hands on FF games.

:(

I can't believe Over the clouds isn't in the US version. I fell in love with that song the first time I booted up Gods Eater.

I just listened to what it sounded like, but does anyone know where I can see it and the move in action at the same time?

Kincaido

:(

I can't believe Over the clouds isn't in the US version. I fell in love with that song the first time I booted up Gods Eater.

I just listened to what it sounded like, but does anyone know where I can see it and the move in action at the same time?

Here

I'm so disappointed too =(

kunonabi

damn, what a buzz kill. oh well, at least we got it even if it is gimped.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At least we now know what the "copyright issues" they were talking about. I was wondering why they'd get "copyright issues" when the companies are available, and now it makes sense that they're referring to the music.

Did they at least made new music?

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
So got to my job two hours early, bought my copy right then and there and sat in the back room playing till I clocked in.....does that mean I have a problem?

Teknoman

So got to my job two hours early, bought my copy right then and there and sat in the back room playing till I clocked in.....does that mean I have a problem?

Means you have X cellent time management.

Anyone?

...anyway, what are the status effects next to items? S = stun and P = poison I guess, but what does D mean? Didnt see anything in the help menu. Also does that mean its best to finish with a stun attack?

Flarin

Just finished up prologue 4. It seems kind of shallow at first, but when you have 5 characters on screen all doing their signature moves its hard not to smile :D

Graphics are really crisp and the music is awesome. Kind of went in with low expectations but am really enjoying it so far.

Looking forward to when I get to use Zero and Mega Man.

With a tutorial that doesn't liquify your brain.

It keeps out the people who don't listen during cutscenes or listen to what the characters say when they aren't in battle. I loved that about the game, no mercy.

I'm still peeved about Over the clouds not being in the US version. I wish I had never found out that it was there in the first place, maybe I wouldn't be so salty....

Kincaido

It really is a shame. I really love it too. The remix is pretty good. At least they replaced it with music from the actual game instead of giving us some generic music like the DW Gundam games...

Sephzilla

I love the game so far.

It really doesn't surprise me that Banpresto and Monolith Soft have treated Capcom's characters better than Capcom themselves have in recent years. Being reminded that the Mega Man universe exists and seeing Dante act like Dante again was a breath of fresh air.

This game is completely fan-service (and is a fun game on top of that) and I'm totally okay with it.

I promised myself that I wouldn't even open this game until I finished the Sakura Wars anime and the OVAs as well as finished Gods Eater Burst. I'm about half way finished with both......pray for my continued sobriety.

cj_iwakura

Combat system is vastly improved over EF. Keeping an enemy off the ground is easier than ever.

Also color me surprised, the Shining Force duo are cool so far.

Top Bottom