• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

LiK

had no idea the LE was a launch thing. thank god GS site still had it in stock. Amazon is sold out.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The artwork and voicework is pure doujinshi quality but it works considering the game is basically professional fanfic.
What do you even mean by this, all characters are voiced by their original actors from their respective source games and the sprite work/animation is some of the best in gaming.

RangerBAD

I just bought the game from the eShop due to pure GAF hype and I'm pretty pleased so far. The artwork and voicework is pure doujinshi quality but it works considering the game is basically professional fanfic. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm not sure if there's any actual strategy to the game. I guess it's still fun but does it actually get strategic at any point?

Not sure how veteran voice actors are doujin level or Banpresto and Monolith for that matter.

Tangeroo

What do you even mean by this, all characters are voiced by their original actors from their respective source games and the sprite work/animation is some of the best in gaming.

The level artwork is pretty plain and the character artwork (not the sprites) have a very "fanart" look to them.

large.jpg

Being doujinshi quality isn't a bad thing exactly. It just has a particular flavor to it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On chapter 4, and I'm liking all the little references & nods thrown in. Especially in chapter 3, once you beat it,
Frank wants a pic of T-elos and you take it, doing the "Perfect! EROTIC" when taking certain types of pictures in Dead Rising. He does it again with Saya at the beginning of Chapter 4.

Though it does seem kind of weird how some characters are just like "Oh, it's that person from a completely different universe/company", like they've met them numerous times (which I guess makes sense for characters in Namco X Capcom or something like Marvel Vs. Capcom, but still.)

Is there even that much boobies outside of super move cutscenes?
Aside from cleavage on the portraits of characters like Morrigan and a few others, not really.

RangerBAD

On chapter 4, and I'm liking all the little references & nods thrown in. Especially in chapter 3, once you beat it,
Frank wants a pic of T-elos and you take it, doing the "Perfect! EROTIC" when taking certain types of pictures in Dead Rising. He does it again with Saya at the beginning of Chapter 4.

Though it does seem kind of weird how some characters are just like "Oh, it's that person from a completely different universe/company", like they've met them numerous times (which I guess makes sense for characters in Namco X Capcom or something like Marvel Vs. Capcom, but still.)

Not like any of it holds canonical value, so don't worry about it. It's like every SRW game, except they talk about portals and stuff rather than the way they ignore things in SRW.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

Aside from cleavage on characters like Morrigan and a few others, not really.
It's a direct sequel to nxc so yes some of the interactions are directly referencing their time together in that game.

Edit- or rather than direct, the events of nxc are 'canon' in the pxz universe, as are the endless frontier games etc.

RangerBAD

It's a direct sequel to nxc so yes some of the interactions are directly referencing their time together in that game.

Edit- or rather than direct, the events of nxc are 'canon' in the pxz universe, as are the endless frontier games etc.

I don't think PxZ is part of the OG canon. Although it does have original characters.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think PxZ is part of the OG canon. Although it does have original characters.
Right, what I mean is that OG Saga and NxC "took place" prior to this game so characters (including non-originals) who met in those games recognize each other and reference back to those encounters in this one.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The level artwork is pretty plain and the character artwork (not the sprites) have a very "fanart" look to them.

http://images.nintendolife.com/news...is_10_minutes_of_chaos/attachment/0/large.jpg

Being doujinshi quality isn't a bad thing exactly. It just has a particular flavor to it.

I think that Haruyama Kazunori was responsible for the character art in the game, and if I'm not wrong, then yeah, one of his fanart signatures is always trying to emulate the official style of whatever character he's drawing, which I guess makes him ideal for a game like this. Sometimes it has mixed results.

Just came back from Best Buy with the LE. I'm not sure whether or not I should he surprised I even got the LE since I pre-ordered it Saturday evening. My body is ready; it has been ready all day.

RangerBAD

I'm not sure about that. IIRC, Kaguya and Haken talk about Axel, Alfimie and Roar but not directly outright saying their names when they're talking to Sanger.

Well, Sanger, Kaguya and Haken's stories are all part of the OG canon. Haken is the real link to the OG canon, at least in the first Mugen game.

Just got my copy. It's weird, I went to Gamestop to pick it up and the guy told me that the only LE versions they had were for pre orders. I thought they supposed to be for the entire first run print.

Oh well, went to Walmart and surprisingly enough, found a couple LEs there. Yay.

Managed to get an LE from Gamestop. The Newegg thing is BS, but lesson learned.

like-wise...turns out I had a power-up reward coupon that took 15% off. Still have to wait for the SE to arrive from NewEgg to return it, but never changing orders like that again unless it's absolutely stated that I'm ordering the LE.

fates

Wonder if all these regular copies are perhaps indicative of another run of the game without the extras. It seems odd they'd have these regular copies out there when they stated that every copy would be the LE.

Given how the game is getting a lot of positive buzz, it wouldn't be a bad idea for people to pick it up down the line, this could be a moderate success here.

squall23

Well, Sanger, Kaguya and Haken's stories are all part of the OG canon. Haken is the real link to the OG canon, at least in the first Mugen game.
But you just said this game isn't part of OG canon, and I think that's only half true. I think you can easily put EF, NxC and PxZ as connecting stories because of the originals and KOS-MOS. However, when you put that together, it would also make sense to mix in the OG canon.

Seik

Banned
So the LE is already going up in price?

I may pull a Xenoblade then, by this I mean buying it at a retailer before my delivery comes home. I'll play this one and keep the other one sealed.

I have the same feel for this than I had for Xenoblade. Them Monolith games all end up as precious gems. *_*

So the accessories you get, like Blue and Gold Orbs aren't "useable" or anything right? Its just basically equipment that you might as well put on anyone you have at the moment?

cj_iwakura

Get! I also may be getting that giant poster GameStop has. Now that's a poster. :D

I like how it says 'Super Robot Wars' instead 'Taisen' in the book. Did they work out the rights snafu?

Wave 4, uh, coming whenever. Maybe later. I'll try to make it special.

Also I believe the non-LE is $5 cheaper, hence my confusion earlier.

Only on the third prologue so far, but the game's pretty good so far.

Still feels like Ihavenoideawhatimdoingdog.jpg, but it's fun watching combos go together.

RangerBAD

But you just said this game isn't part of OG canon, and I think that's only half true. I think you can easily put EF, NxC and PxZ as connecting stories because of the originals and KOS-MOS. However, when you put that together, it would also make sense to mix in the OG canon.

Because you ignore the cross overs in every SRW game. There's usually a bigger plot involving the original character. And they later put a lot of those OG stories into their own games to make a proper arc.

King Boo

i don't know if this is one of those games i signed a petition for or not. but just in case i ordered it from gamestop. just now in fact. it seems they still offer the limited edition.

Anbec7

F you Mexico and your crappy policies!

I preordered the game they told me I was gonna receive my copy today and when I went to check with them magically the system was for July 7

FRIKKING JULYY I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONGGG

D:

Rant over.... enjoy the game lucky bastards! XD

My copy is sitting at my UPS store.

I forgot it was out today and wanted to bring it with me to work.

*sigh* I'll start playing tomorrow, I guess.

Teknoman

Only on the third prologue so far, but the game's pretty good so far.

Still feels like Ihavenoideawhatimdoingdog.jpg, but it's fun watching combos go together.

Combine different combos to juggle the enemy as much as possible, then blow em away with a special attack.

EDIT:

Anyone else get two "manuals" in their game case?

Top Bottom