• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

LuuKyK

So yeah, I dont think the game is coming to my country's eshop at all, even if they promoted the game with a 25th of June release date... They simply wiped away any content related to the game from the shop, demos, screens description, without even explaining it. I am really mad at Nintendo at the moment for doing this shit, and especially for not clarifying these issues to their consumers. I will try and send them an email or something. But I am not expecting anything to happen. /rant

cj_iwakura

I love how everyone magically knows everyone's history and organization ties. I'm sure Chun-Li encountered B.S.A.A. operatives all the time!

Bururian

Video Games. That's why.

Most of them take place in Japan, save for GODS Eater, Mega Man Legends, and Sakura Wars, I think.

BlackJace

So yeah, I dont think the game is coming to my country's eshop at all, even if they promoted the game with a 25th of June release date... They simply wiped away any content related to the game from the shop, demos, screens description, without even explaining it. I am really mad at Nintendo at the moment for doing this shit, and especially for not clarifying these issues to their consumers. I will try and send them an email or something. But I am not expecting anything to happen. /rant

That sounds awful. I'm really sorry, and hope you find away to play it.

LuuKyK

That sounds awful. I'm really sorry, and hope you find away to play it.

It really is, especially to someone like me that relies on digital purchases due to the dificulty of finding physical copies of niche games like this in my country. :/

But yeah, I just sent Nintendo an email. Hopefully they answer it soon (and not in a bot way). And I REALLY hope this was all an error that will be fixed asap.

StatsChu

Neo Member
I don't know nothing about Gods Eaters too, but Soma is really awesome. I like his character.

I have to say, this type of game is a great way to advertise other games.

Speaking of which, God Eater Burst is free right now if you have PSN+, and I hear Resonance of Fate is one of those cult RPGs that is worth checking out.

Videoneon

The funny thing is the instrumental remix of Wing Wanderer for the OP is barely recognizable past the beginning. Midway into the song I was thinking "what the hell is this?" It's not completely terrible, but as someone who wasn't a huge fan of Wing Wanderer to begin with it's a bad look.

Anyway I just beat all the prologue chapters. Time to get this shit started.

So sorry to hear that, that's awful. Which country, if I may ask?

:(

I can't believe Over the clouds isn't in the US version. I fell in love with that song the first time I booted up Gods Eater.

I just listened to what it sounded like, but does anyone know where I can see it and the move in action at the same time?

Yeah, I love Over the Clouds and noticed it never showed up in the Demo. More than likely the VC3 Vocal theme got cut too. Shit sucks. I mean, I can't believe that Bamco or whoever it was managed to muscle through all the songs that they did (all three Sakura Wars songs!) but Over the Clouds pls =(

I have to say, this type of game is a great way to advertise other games.

Speaking of which, God Eater Burst is free right now if you have PSN+, and I hear Resonance of Fate is one of those cult RPGs that is worth checking out.

Indeed. This game is how I got into Sakura Wars. It also convinced me to take the plunge on Resonance of Fate, after passing by it several times at Gamestop. Resonance of Fate is good shit, just keep in mind once you understand the mechanics of the battle system and strategies, they never change throughout the course of the entire game. The fun in the battle system is figuring out how to react to the situations you get placed in (obstacles, protecting item boxes, which enemies to kill first, etc.) Storytelling is a awkward too. I have yet to beat it, but it's great fun. The soundtrack is great, the concept of the world is astounding, nice visual contrast of drab colors and vibrant colors, you can make your characters look swag as hell too. I have to give it major props for the way you traverse the "world map" too, because of the "unlocking" you have to do and the way it made random encounters actually tolerable.

WTF. Am I seriously the first person to notice THEY REMOVED THE OP'S VOCALS!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwQgOPENu0U

They didn't just remove the vocals, they completely changed the song. I don't know if they couldn't get the rights to it or something, but kind of a letdown that it's not included.

Only other change I noticed was that Bruno's jacket changed from blue to black to green sleeves. You can see the change at 1:30 in both videos/versions.

So my fear were true then .
Wing wanderer is gone....

A total shame.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So did they add new music to make up for the removed ones?

Also still not in stock in my country :mad:

DSGamer

Neo Member
Can someone help explain the combat system to me. I'm not new to SRPGs, but I am new to fighters other than Mortal Kombat when I was a kid. I feel like I'm button mashing without much thought. What do the d-pad symbols on the bottom of the top screen mean? Do the symbols on the bottom indicate combos you can perform by holding the d-pad in one direction and hitting the A button, etc. ?

Neki

Combat system is vastly improved over EF. Keeping an enemy off the ground is easier than ever.

Also color me surprised, the Shining Force duo are cool so far.

there is a shining force duo? what. it better not be from a shitty shining force

SOLD

Teknoman

Don't forget how almost EVERY PERSON knows about Frank and the Willamette incident!

He's covered wars ya know?

Can someone help explain the combat system to me. I'm not new to SRPGs, but I am new to fighters other than Mortal Kombat when I was a kid. I feel like I'm button mashing without much thought. What do the d-pad symbols on the bottom of the top screen mean? Do the symbols on the bottom indicate combos you can perform by holding the d-pad in one direction and hitting the A button, etc. ?

At the risk of sounding snobbish, you can check the manual or the tutorial screen for most of the basics in depth. You press A by itself or plus a direction (dont need to hold) to do the corresponding move. Once that move finishes, time the other to connect before the enemy lands and try to keep juggling the enemy.

there is a shining force duo? what. it better not be from a shitty shining force

SOLD

Its not the duo you'd want, but they actually arent bad. EXA.

DR2K

Banned
Is there a way to switch the avatar on the grid to the partner? Like switch Chunli with Morrigan?

Teknoman

But he's still a civilian.

I will say Chris and Jill knowing about it could fit, since it basically was a Bio-terrorist attack.

EDIT: One thing I dont know, what do the status effects do. And how does +1 have an effect on anything aside from range or normal attacks? Say +1 counter or +1 support?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, just found them in the tutorial section as well...dunno how i missed that.

Jintor

At the risk of sounding snobbish, you can check the manual or the tutorial screen for most of the basics in depth. You press A by itself or plus a direction (dont need to hold) to do the corresponding move. Once that move finishes, time the other to connect before the enemy lands and try to keep juggling the enemy.

Where abouts does it tell you how many 'moves' you have left? Can't figure out how to get counter moves to go above one without using the assists...

Teknoman

Where abouts does it tell you how many 'moves' you have left? Can't figure out how to get counter moves to go above one without using the assists...

Well there are skills you can use to add +1 to counter attacks, but what i'm not getting are the +1 on support attacks. That you make you able to use a support twice in succession during one attack right?

Loving the game so far (as I knew I would). The fan service is great and I love how some characters know each other even though they're from different games by different developers.

That God Eater joke early in made me laugh, too. :)

Unicorn

So I'm on the fence on whether I should get this game or Fire Emblem. I need just another 80 coins to reach Platinum by the end of this week and buying this digitally will yield 60 coins for Club Nintendo whereas FF:A is merely 40.

Which should I get?

I played the demo of FF:A and was rolling my eyes at (and eventually skipping) the dialogue. How is the story in this? Is this even worse (perhaps a good cheesy, like in well-localized?)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It took me like 30 mins reading everything in the tutorial pages, but it was worth a read. Explains a lot of mechanics and now I can finally play, hooray.

Teknoman

So I'm on the fence on whether I should get this game or Fire Emblem. I need just another 80 coins to reach Platinum by the end of this week and buying this digitally will yield 60 coins for Club Nintendo whereas FF:A is merely 40.

Which should I get?

I played the demo of FF:A and was rolling my eyes at (and eventually skipping) the dialogue. How is the story in this? Is this even worse (perhaps a good cheesy, like in well-localized?)

Good and cheesy, but it works nicely, and if you're familiar with the majority of the characters, it works great. Helps if you're a fan of over the top, flashy, multi hit attacks.

Man this makes me wish they brought over an actual Super Robot (with mecha) game with this combat system + special attacks. Either that or just a new Super Robot game on the 3DS in english.

Wasn't really feeling the demo. I thought the combat was a little too button mashing for me.

I'm still buying it though...

Dont mash em, just time your attacks right (press the button once, and they'll follow through).

LuuKyK

Yeah the video game store rarely misses out stuff (they were on time with AC:NL).

Indeed. And they even added a new game today already (Lego something) as I've said before... makes no sense at all. >_>

Anyway, please post here if anything changes or the game eventually goes up for you. :)

Dont mash em, just time your attacks right (press the button once, and they'll follow through).

Playing the demo I reached the conclusion that when you start playing as a pair its quite difficult to time your combos, mainly because its not easy at all to know for sure when the animation for that specific attack ends (I know I accidentally repeated some attacks a lot lol). So yeah, the first time playing seems hard, but after you get to know the pattern of the attackes it seems to get easier.

Unlucky

I think someone else in this thread said those letters (there are other ones besides S) are for status effects that may occur with the attack. Cannot confirm, as I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.

squall23

I'm going to kill something if they took ROCKS out of the game. Please don't be greedy, JAM Project, and just give the localization the song.......

twelver

This game is pretty awesome so far. Anyone know if there is anything to unlock? I noticed some ???? options in the menu...

Top Bottom