• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

So yeah, I dont think the game is coming to my country's eshop at all, even if they promoted the game with a 25th of June release date... They simply wiped away any content related to the game from the shop, demos, screens description, without even explaining it. I am really mad at Nintendo at the moment for doing this shit, and especially for not clarifying these issues to their consumers. I will try and send them an email or something. But I am not expecting anything to happen. /rant

Most of the stores in Mexico changed the release Date to 7 july because they dont know if the LE will make it. Im worried, I dont want the normal version.

I love how everyone magically knows everyone's history and organization ties. I'm sure Chun-Li encountered B.S.A.A. operatives all the time!

Both are from the same universe even Frank.

LuuKyK

Most of the stores in Mexico changed the release Date to 7 july because they dont know if the LE will make it. Im worried, I dont want the normal version.

Hmm, interesting. I doubt any store will even sell the physical copy here though. Was there an official statement from Nintendo or the developers in Mexico? I ask because Nintendo dont even have a way to be in touch with the fans in my country. -_- So there is no telling really...

Hmm, interesting. I doubt any store will even sell the physical copy here though. Was there an official statement from Nintendo or the developers in Mexico? I ask because Nintendo dont even have a way to be in touch with the fans in my country. -_- So there is no telling really...

Not an official word but it looks like our U.S. buddies took most of the stock again.

Isaccard

Because I'm such a great guy I could possibly ship you that Standard Edition from Newegg when it gets here.

Where do you live?

Weird. Ah well. The localization is fantastic so far. At Prologue 3 with Haken and Kaguya. <3

Almost makes up for not getting Endless Frontier Exceed. Almost.

Nothing will ever make up for this travesty. Nothing.

Yeah, I really wanted Endless Frontier Exceed :\

It's too bad that Atlus decided to not bring it out here. (Yeah, I know the first one sold about two copies, bleh!).

Well I ended up buying the LE at Target after finding out NewEgg copies are the regular edition. I'll probably sell the regular edition for what I paid for it, not looking for a profit.

Same here. Meh. Now I'm worried about my Shin Megami Tensei IV Newegg order.
This, if they are just shipping me the game fuck that I'm gonna cancel my order with them. Not dealing with this shit again. So if I want an LE I have to go to Best Buy or Target or GameStop <_<;

I really like it so far. Didn't like the barebones storytelling in the beginning. Feels a bit low budget but the rest of the game and cast makes up for its flaws.

rjc571

Banned
Wow, Newegg wants to charge me 5 fucking bucks to return the game. Fuck them.

Their SMT IV page doesn't specifically mention that it's the limited edition, but it does explicitly show the LE packaging, so I guess they can't get away with shipping a regular edition of that game? Either way I'm still kind of worried, and I'm considering switching to Amazon to ensure that I get the LE, even though I managed to order it from Newegg for $42.

SeZMehK

Even though I am happily busy with Animal Crossing, I am dying to play this game. I'll only receive it by tomorrow or Friday... The wait! It burns!

TWILT

Banned
Have you been playing with a "press a to awesome" mentality?

Not really lol; stopped that mentality when I understood the combat system after playing the demo a couple times.

Just beat the chapter, which went much smoother this time around.

Sadist

Namco-Bandai and a limited print? I'm schocked and amazed.

They did the same thing with Tales of the Abyss. If you didn't pre-order, no dice.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm wondering if I should just get this, seems like everyone is already enjoying it.

Edit: Purchased on the eShop. Only $34.99

Markun

I'm on Chapter 16 right now. Small thoughts:

- I just love all the subtle jokes they put in this game. I laughed way more than I should have when I heard the Sakura War affection up jingle in Chapter 9.

- I think my favorite unit to use so far is Leanne and Zephyr. They build meter like no one's business, they're really easy to crit with, and dat attack range when the +2 attack range buff kicks in.

- On the other end, Soma and Alisa are kind of hard for me to use. Their attacks just seem a bit off for me so I can't crit as often with them. They're really fast though and they do enough damage without crits so they're fine.

- Why can't Beacon Bomb be this fast in UMvC3? :<

- There's a really good joke at Chapter 16 with Tron and Jin. Check it out for yourselves.

copy arrived, 5 more hrs before i get home >.>

So whats the 'srpg' aspect? Do you learn new skills, combos, finishing moves, etc? Is there loot?

Loona

copy arrived, 5 more hrs before i get home >.>

So whats the 'srpg' aspect? Do you learn new skills, combos, finishing moves, etc? Is there loot?

Grid-based character placement, apparently with character-specific skills that can be activated out of actual combat. Some pair units get map attacks to take advantage of this, and pair units apparently can unlock a special attack at some point.

Bururian

Just because I thought this was funny.

BNsyLMtCAAABc6M.jpg

Teknoman

Just because I thought this was funny.

BNsyLMtCAAABc6M.jpg

With Bahn being from the era when game soundtracks went into awesome overdrive, you'd think he wouldnt be making that joke lol. Then again, I guess .hack is a game within a game / the only game where they know they are in a game.

Also man, when the Resonance of Fate boss battle theme pops in, and you've got a Zephyr, Leanne, and Vashyron team going,..it actually feels like you're playing a 2D version of the game.

gryz

Banned
gamestop still has these available for in store pickup(edit Limited Editions), at least where I live. just traded in a couple DS games and got it for negative 2 dollars.

now I can't bring myself to open it yet since its "Limited Edition"

Cheska

Just an FYI about Gamestop. The Limited Edition and the standard both share the same SKU, so if you pre-ordered through them you risk missing out on your LE copy if it was sold to another customer.

Man, the sprite work in this game is so nice. Wonderful animation too. Can someone explain to me how movement works though? I'll be working around breaking stuff, and coming back around to do other things before attack an enemy. How do you know how many steps you have remaining?

Edit: Those special Y attacks are insane, what exactly do they take up? The game doesn't seem to explain these things very well.

Neki

Went to futureshop to get my copy I reserved online earlier, but there was still 2 LE's on the shelf. I guess I didn't need to reserve it.

Cody_D165

Banned
GAF, I was almost going to skip this game until I saw a few LEs sitting at my local Wal-Mart and said, "what the hell."

Holy shit I am glad I bought this. I am in love with this game and I've only completed a few prologues.

Jawmuncher

Capcom put way to many Darkstalkers and Street Fighter character in here.
Really should've done a little more franhcise representation. Maybe Dino Crisis or Breath of Fire to name a few. But that's neither here not there now.

Anyway saw that my Amazon copy had shipped. Won't be able to play it for awhile but I don't mind. Wanted to support the game regardless so that we can get more stuff like this over here. Hell this being over here to begin with is pretty amazing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Edit: Those special Y attacks are insane, what exactly do they take up? The game doesn't seem to explain these things very well.
100% of a character's XP. I tend to save them for the boss and have about 3 or more characters unleash them in a single turn.

Top Bottom