• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

chrono01

I picked up my second Limited Edition from EBGames earlier today, so I can [finally] open up and play my copy!

I'll wait a day or so first, though. I have The Last of Us to complete before I dedicate myself fully to Projecy x Zone.

Teknoman

Man, the sprite work in this game is so nice. Wonderful animation too. Can someone explain to me how movement works though? I'll be working around breaking stuff, and coming back around to do other things before attack an enemy. How do you know how many steps you have remaining?

Edit: Those special Y attacks are insane, what exactly do they take up? The game doesn't seem to explain these things very well.

You can move around as much as you want until you end your turn or perform an attack.

Y attacks use XP or Cross Points, those are built up by chaining attacks. Once you hit 100% you can use a Y button special attack.

Check out the tutorial section in the main menu for an extra bit of explanation.

LuuKyK

Because I'm such a great guy I could possibly ship you that Standard Edition from Newegg when it gets here.

Where do you live?

Oh wow I totally missed your post. Sorry man. So yeah I am at work right now with shitty 3G connection on my phone, so I will send you a PM later explaining everything ok? Thanks anyway. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Newegg only got Standards? I thought that every first run copy was supposed to be the LE.

I'm on Chapter 10 right now and having a blast with it. I'm hoping that you unlock more moves with special animations later on, just to add some additional variety. The game talked about how some pairs would eventually unlock group attacks, like Chris and Jills in the prologue, but I still haven't gotten any.

fates

Newegg only got Standards? I thought that every first run copy was supposed to be the LE.

That was official word, yeah. So I wonder what the deal is here.

However, like I said before, I fully support them putting out more copies without all the extras. I think this game might have some decent success here, and a small print run wouldn't help that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IGN has their review up, 8/10.

I think I have to agree that the structure of most of the chapters does get repetitive. I finished Chapter 7 and it feels like so far, it's been the same set-up most of the time time. Arrive at a location, small amount of units, "Hey, more playable characters appeared!", a turn or so of fighting, "Hey guys I'm the villain of this chapter", then ya beat them.

how does that work, isn't xp bar shared across party?
No, each team has their own meter. It can be used to counter (20%), defend, (20%), or a full defend where you don't take any damage (60%).

RangerBAD

I think I have to agree that the structure of most of the chapters does get repetitive. I finished Chapter 7 and it feels like so far, it's been the same set-up most of the time time. Arrive at a location, small amount of units, "Hey, more playable characters appeared!", a turn or so of fighting, "Hey guys I'm the villain of this chapter", then ya beat them.

No, each team has their own meter. It can be used to counter (20%), defend, (20%), or a full defend where you don't take any damage (60%).

Welcome to Banpresto, sir.

You can move around as much as you want until you end your turn or perform an attack.

Y attacks use XP or Cross Points, those are built up by chaining attacks. Once you hit 100% you can use a Y button special attack.

Check out the tutorial section in the main menu for an extra bit of explanation.

Thanks! I must have missed the blue movement squares or turned them off in the first few stages, oh well.

One more question, is there any downside to using support characters during a combo? Do you lose xp or anything of that nature?

weird... i'm sure it was like that in the demo :O

interesting... and potentially broken lol.

Teknoman

Thanks! I must have missed the blue movement squares or turned them off in the first few stages, oh well.

One more question, is there any downside to using support characters during a combo? Do you lose xp or anything of that nature?

I dont think so, solo and support just stand to do more damage, add a cross hit bonus (hit the enemy while your solo or support is, and you can boost XP over 100, up to 150), or add extra skills/buffs to your unit team.

There is still stuff i'm trying to learn though, like why Support + 1 wont let me use more than one support attack.

you know, even with the criticism of the previous game, I'd still love if this game had some kind of defense counter system involving timing.

That feel of evading every attack in like mario & luigi game from a boss is too good.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'm pretty certain the bar is shared across all teams. You might just be building enough to bring it back up to 100% for the following team, though.

Narras

I just received my game in the mail and got just the game by itself. I ordered from Newegg. WHAT THE FUCK? It's nice that I got the game but, I am so pissed. >:/

Teknoman

Hmm maybe I was using +1 solo and thought I was using support?

I just received my game in the mail and got just the game by itself. I ordered from Newegg. WHAT THE FUCK? It's nice that I got the game but, I am so pissed. >:/

Email em and tell them it was supposed to be the limited edition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm pretty certain the bar is shared across all teams. You might just be building enough to bring it back up to 100% for the following team, though.
Basically everyone shares the same XP meter.
Wow, guess I just didn't notice from how fast I'd be building meter. Then again, I'd only pay attention to it when I was trying to defend or save up a special attack for a boss or strong enemy.

fates

This whole 'All first prints were supposed to be LE" thing is turning out to be more frequent than I would have liked.

Well, it's a pretty odd occurrence based on what we were told. It's hella weird too because most retailers don't even know about the existence of a non-LE version.

Bururian

Well, it's a pretty odd occurrence based on what we were told. It's hella weird too because most retailers don't even know about the existence of a non-LE version.

er, that was supposed to be 'infrequent'

I'm mad that lots of people are getting screwed, myself initially.

Tangeroo

This is a dumb question but is the XP meter the same as the XP you use to gain levels? If so, I shouldn't be dropping supers so often. :p

4:05 on the save file clock, got to Ch 9.

It's already starting to feel like a hell grind, and the game's just started. Oh boy.

This is one of those games that will get a higher score the less of it someone plays.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wow, Newegg wants to charge me 5 fucking bucks to return the game. Fuck them.

Their SMT IV page doesn't specifically mention that it's the limited edition, but it does explicitly show the LE packaging, so I guess they can't get away with shipping a regular edition of that game? Either way I'm still kind of worried, and I'm considering switching to Amazon to ensure that I get the LE, even though I managed to order it from Newegg for $42.

Huh, I wonder, since they're the same sku, If I can just return it to best buy instead...

Teknoman

4:05 on the save file clock, got to Ch 9.

It's already starting to feel like a hell grind, and the game's just started. Oh boy.

This is one of those games that will get a higher score the less of it someone plays.

By being repetitive? Seems like things are heating up every chapter so I wouldnt worry about things getting stale.

cj_iwakura

Any ideas on team assemblies?

Don't know what the party cap is, but I'm sure mine will include Reiji/Xiaomu, Ken/Ryu(they're always beast mode), KOS-MOS/T-elos(same), Dante/Demetri(Demitri is SICK in NxC), and the protagonists for sure.

Got my LE from Gamestop.
Gonna have to figure a way to flip my Newegg SE now because I really don't want to send it back and have to pay them to do so.

While I was picking it up, an ad came on over the TV/ad system in the store for PXZ and the announcer kept saying Project "Ecks" Zone.
You'd think GS would have double checked the title's pronunciation before sending the ad out.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Game is so bad and the story is atrocious but I can't stop playing it... :(

The fan service and flashy attack do JUST enough to keep me interested.

So do you ever have to pick a party, or is every new group just added to each battle? Are you eventually going to be having access to every character in the game in all the later battles?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Finally had time to pick it up. It's nice understanding the other 50% of the dialogue I didn't understand the first time. XD

cj_iwakura

So do you ever have to pick a party, or is every new group just added to each battle? Are you eventually going to be having access to every character in the game in all the later battles?

If it's anything like NxC(so far it's exactly like NxC), you'll bounce from team to team until they eventually meet up and you get access to everyone.

There'll be a cap then, I imagine, and you'll have to pick who you want to use.

If it's anything like NxC(so far it's exactly like NxC), you'll bounce from team to team until they eventually meet up and you get access to everyone.

There'll be a cap then, I imagine, and you'll have to pick who you want to use.

Dumb question, what's cap? If that's true, then I know what teams I want to use the most.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
There's not a cap this time, what units you get to take is dictated by the story, you won't ever have to (or get to) choose. All the units available for any given stage will always all go.

Top Bottom