• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

BNu0xijCcAA1Y00.jpg:large

lol, that stare :D

Soul Beat

There's not a cap this time, what units you get to take is dictated by the story, you won't ever have to (or get to) choose. All the units available for any given stage will always all go.

Sweet! I was worried there for a second.

Once I get X and Zero it'll be all I ever need though. ;D

Made it through the prologues and right in chapter one I found a new avatar.

The game is pretty fun, but I can definitely see it becoming more of a pain in later levels.
The sprites look crazy gorgeous, though.

ohlawd

What the hell, man. When am I gonna meet my goddesses Riela and Imca?

So in the mean time, I've been making do with having Morrigan/Chun-Li use their special more than errbody. Cuz lawd, Morrigan's floppage makes me VERY happy.

LuuKyK

I finally discovered a way to buy the digital copy. Oh boy am I happy. Cant wait to join you guys on playing the game. I will be able to buy it by tomorrow I am expecting. :D

Soul Beat

Anyone to at least chapter 10 yet? I had to stop at 12 a few days ago, haven't had the chance to play since.
Just beat Chapter 11. Had to stop to go pay that damn Nook in Animal Crossing.
I finally discovered a way to buy the digital copy. Oh boy am I happy. Cant wait to join you guys on playing the game. I will be able to buy it by tomorrow I am expecting. :D
One of us...One of us.

Glad you'll be able to join us. :D

Manbig

So I just finished chapter 2 and the game is pretty much what I expected so far. The animations for a lot of the attacks are top notch. I especially like Akira/Pai's and Jin/Xiaoyu's super attacks. Having Jin and Ling do a full juggle into a wall combo into a wall break and having Akira and Pai do a full juggle into Akira's Guard Break of Doom into ring out were particularly fantastic touches in my opinion.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There's not a cap this time, what units you get to take is dictated by the story, you won't ever have to (or get to) choose. All the units available for any given stage will always all go.

Does that mean that there are no random battles whatsoever? Everything's a story battle? I dunno how I feel about that, since I'd rather have some freedom in leveling up certain characters outside of story specific fights.

I'm up to Chapter 14 or so.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Does that mean that there are no random battles whatsoever? Everything's a story battle? I dunno how I feel about that, since I'd rather have some freedom in leveling up certain characters outside of story specific fights.

I'm up to Chapter 14 or so.
No random battles, progression goes story chapter -> intermission -> story chapter until the end. Make sure not to leave anyone too underleveled since your units will be forced to split up at times.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, what do you guys think? This or Fire Emblem? I enjoyed the demo of both, but I honestly found myself having more fun with this, but I don't know if that fun lasts throughout the game, as I've heard that this can get repetitive.

So, what do you guys think? This or Fire Emblem? I enjoyed the demo of both, but I honestly found myself having more fun with this, but I don't know if that fun lasts throughout the game, as I've heard that this can get repetitive.
Nothing really changes outside of the demo except for changing your supports around and other small things. Can you handle a lot of that, or no? Because Fire Emblem is reeeeeally good. Makes me want to go back and play more since I really neglected it. :(

Videoneon

I'm on Chapter...9 or 10 last I checked? I'm pretty sure it's where I'm going to get Ohgami and Sakura. I checked out the stage (looks just like the demo stage, and Gemini and Erica recognize the Imperial Theatre) and then turned off the game for a bit. The game's been easy so far, but very enjoyable. I've been trying to level up the characters relatively equally with moderate success. I don't care about Kogoro and Mii much because they are teh sux, but I'll admit I'm giving a little more love to Zephyr's team, Frank's team, Alisa's team, and Akira's team.

I was expecting the game to be disappointing but that hasn't happened yet. It has a lot of interesting ideas, not all of which were implemented well, but still compelling. I love the different equipment attachments, Solo partner bonuses, and the difference in stat distributions. I'm early in the game so I don't think these things are factors I have to worry about too much, but rough as things are I still like it.

It looks like it'll be quite a journey until Kurt's team and X's team are available. Fuck.

Oh yay, the
NxC ending theme
still plays when Reiji and Xiaomu use their multiple attack. I am happy.

Having not played NxC or Endless Frontier, I like the NxC version a little more than the Endless Frontier version. But yes, I love that
they used that song for the single target super, and apparently the MAP attack.

I'm so bummed out. I was really excited for this, but I was totally turned off after playing the demo. Despite that, I still want to buy and play it just for X, but apparently you don't get him until halfway into the game, which is like 60 hours long. :( Meh... I'm really undecided now.

Danj

Waifu Emblem. But I already have that, so I'm getting this anyway :)

I'm so bummed out. I was really excited for this, but I was totally turned off after playing the demo. Despite that, I still want to buy and play it just for X, but apparently you don't get him until halfway into the game, which is like 60 hours long. :( Meh... I'm really undecided now.

I definitely wouldn't buy it in your case.

Go replay the excellent Mega Man X to get your X fix. : )

Bururian

It shouldn't take 30 hours to get to X unless you're doing something wrong. Maybe 10-15 tops.

Got my copy and played up to chapter 10. It's pretty repetitive, but a lot of fun at the same time. The music is decent, and I absolutely love the battle sprites. No regrets picking it up.

My favorite unit so far is Frank/Hsien-ko. Sadly, they're pretty slow, so it feels like I never get to use them.

I definitely wouldn't buy it in your case.

Go replay the excellent Mega Man X to get your X fix. : )

But I already replay the MMX games all the time... the whole draw for me was that even though Capcom isn't putting any X in any new games, Namco Bandai is! This is like the first game X has been playable in since Mega Man X8. :(

It shouldn't take 30 hours to get to X unless you're doing something wrong. Maybe 10-15 tops.

Hm, that makes me feel a little better about it. I might get it after the price drops a bit, then. It's not like I don't already have tons of other games in my backlog anyway...

Videoneon

But I already replay the MMX games all the time... the whole draw for me was that even though Capcom isn't putting any X in any new games, Namco Bandai is! This is like the first game X has been playable in since Mega Man X8. :(

Hm, that makes me feel a little better about it. I might get it after the price drops a bit, then. It's not like I don't already have tons of other games in my backlog anyway...

As someone else who is also obsessed with Mega Man X, you'll probably want to stick with a price drop at best if you were turned off by the demo. This already feels like a nice game for pacing yourself; there's no story to worry about, it's largely about navigating the individual maps you get placed in and enjoying the fan service along the way. You can play a chapter or two, take a break, come back later. On that note it's good for someone who's prone to developing backlogs.

If you absolutely hate the gameplay and won't be already satisfied with the music and inclusion of various characters, etc. then chances are this game isn't for you =\ I maintain that there are still things to like about this game though.

I hear you, but if you didn't even like the demo you will absolutely hate the full game.

The game is quite repetitive, so imagine what you played of the demo repeating over and over throughout the rest of the game.

I know you love X (clearly!) but it really probably isn't worth your time.

I'm having a lot of fun with this.

The banter between characters isn't as fun (so far) as it was in Endless Frontier, but it's still great. I'll play some more when I get home.

Loona

It's a small thing, but can anyone playing who already has Valkyrie in their party tell me if some other characters refer to her as the Maiden Knight?

It's something from the NxC fan translation (no idea of the term used in japanese) that seemed fitting, considering she gets sent from heaven or something in her games, bordering on a mythical figure. So I wonder if the translators used that or did their own thing...

I sort of wonder how someone apparently religious like Erica reacts to her - in NxC, King from Tekken certainly seemed a bit shaken at times with the game's takes on heaven and hell.

(Also, she should totally make it to Smash Bros. for Namco instead of Pac-Man)

Bururian

It's a small thing, but can anyone playing who already has Valkyrie in their party tell me if some other characters refer to her as the Maiden Knight?

It's something from the NxC fan translation (no idea of the term used in japanese) that seemed fitting, considering she gets sent from heaven or something in her games, bordering on a mythical figure. So I wonder if the translators used that or did their own thing...

I sort of wonder how someone apparently religious like Erica reacts to her - in NxC, King from Tekken certainly seemed a bit shaken at times with the game's takes on heaven and hell.

(Also, she should totally make it to Smash Bros. for Namco instead of Pac-Man)

As far as I can remember, they all refer to her as the Valkyrie.

Oroboros+

Neo Member
ZTcqqeR.jpg

This game is hilarious.

It's the first time I've had a hard time peeling myself away from my 3DS..The timing based strategic gameplay is damn fun, reminds me of a mix of the Tales series, Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem mashed up together (Never played a game like this before).

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before but if you look at the top of the XP meter shows 4 directional pad icon, if you do those 4 moves, you get an extra attack.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay I got the game!

Bahahaha, so much inside joke here. And I love character interaction like Buzujima and Frank demanding Hsien-Ko items!

Also why did they change Bruno's clothes anyway?

Bururian

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before but if you look at the top of the XP meter shows 4 directional pad icon, if you do those 4 moves, you get an extra attack.

Actually, you get an extra attack if you use three attacks that aren't the same. I've tried what you've said, but it's not working that way for me.

Sneaky, you edited before I refreshed the page and hit reply, haha.

Top Bottom