• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

demidar

Seeing all these posts makes me want to buy it, but I have Luigi's Mansion 2 just sitting right here (although I don't really have the motivation to play it). What to do...

Jintor

So about three hours in and I'm of the opinion this has the strategic complexity of a wet biscuit. I should probably go reread the tutorials...

Hella fun though.

newsguy

If I've never played a game like this and the deepest srpg's I've played are the mario and luigi games, should I even pick this up? I feel like I'd be hopelessly lost.

Jealous of everyone playing it. Amazon still says Shipping Soon. I can't even.

And this is exactly why I preordered a PS4 at GameStop.

I bought my LE PxZ, but I haven't opened it. I want to play it - but - not gonna buy another copy.

Should I open it?

I am mixed about the demo - have no clue what I should be doing, but the combat is fun and looks so flashy/crazy, when everything syncs up :)

I won't get all of the fan services, but I love RE, ToV, SF and have enjoyed Megaman, Darkstalkers and some other series' represented during my years...

Ideas?

newsguy

Anyone?
If I've never played a game like this and the deepest srpg's I've played are the mario and luigi games, should I even pick this up? I feel like I'd be hopelessly lost.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Start. Any word on when you actually learn those type of moves?

Honestly, that's what I've been waiting for, if only for some additional unique team animations. It's weird that Chris and Jill have one at the beginning of the game, and then you don't see any for the next 6 hours.

One of these skills is to slap your partner on the ass for extra experience gain ==;;

It's like football!

Which character does it?

Isaccard

Anyone?

This is a pretty safe buy. There's nothing complicated or difficult to grasp here, just read the tutorial for max enjoyment and enjoy the ride.

Isaccard

These tutorials are really shitty formatted. Why not actually have it formatted like an actual manual with images and text over them explaining shit instead of just word dump?

what do the letters mean next to your move name?

Those are status effects. Try the digital manual? I'll elaborate once I get home, posting from my phone, sorry about the double post.

newsguy

This is a pretty safe buy. There's nothing complicated or difficult to grasp here, just read the tutorial for max enjoyment and enjoy the ride.

Nice! Thanks. I really want to play ot for the fan service but I was afraid it may be overwhelming for someone inexperienced with the genre

xSL4INx

Played a good bit last night and the fan service in characters and the conversations are easily the best part of this game. I absolutely loved super robot taisen og saga endless frontier and have had an absolute blast so far with this game.

I'm currently on Chapter 4.

Bururian

So it turns out I forgot to save the game netween chapter 10 and chapter 12. I just kept it in sleep mode, and the 3DS died on me this morning. Whoops!

Played chapter 10 again. Took me about an hour, but I defeated just about everyone despite only having to beat the boss to clear the stage.

yeah i'm also clearing the stage before bosses. So what are y'all's general gameplan? I've been generally just doing nothing when getting attacked mainly because i haven't fought many trash mobs that i can't kill in 1 hit anyways so countering would be pointless. Also been saving ultras for bosses as well.

When do you get more than 3 normal skills? Is it a story beat, or reach certain level?

Is there any reason to revive people at like the end of the stage? I assume there isn't perm death.

vctor182

Those are status effects. Try the digital manual? I'll elaborate once I get home, posting from my phone, sorry about the double post.

If there's an S next to the move it means it can Stun the enemy, P is for Poison. You also have the Training option in the Menu with a lot of options to polish your skills and see the different combinations results with Solo characters and Supports.

If you have trouble leveling up always try to go for the cross attacks since it gives you more exp, critical attacks happen when you press a right before the enemy is hitting the ground. I found that with Frank is easy to do them from <- + A to A

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
yeah i'm also clearing the stage before bosses. So what are y'all's general gameplan? I've been generally just doing nothing when getting attacked mainly because i haven't fought many trash mobs that i can't kill in 1 hit anyways so countering would be pointless. Also been saving ultras for bosses as well.

When do you get more than 3 normal skills? Is it a story beat, or reach certain level?

I'm pretty sure that the addition of skills is level based, but I'm not certain.

Yeah, I've pretty much resorted to doing "Nothing" in response to getting hit unless it's going to down the pair. The only time I'll counter is if it guarantees a kill because I left a straggler. I save XP "supers" for boss characters or if I need to secure a kill. If I have 150% XP, I always check to see if there are any skills that I can spend XP on before attacking since I'll get it all back after the next attack.

No reason to revive that I can see.

Bururian

Is there any reason to revive people at like the end of the stage? I assume there isn't perm death.

I only have three at this point, but if you can assign/equip them, then I have totally missed it. I'm pretty sure you can assign them as you unlock them by leveling up. That only makes sense, right?

Quake1028

Picked it up last night (Best Buy had one LE left) and got through about an hour's worth, which took me through the first 3 Prologue chapters. I had cleared the demo once, but just button mashed my way through it. I took more time to read all the hint screens this time and have a better understanding of it, but still don't totally "get it" at this stage. I don't play a lot of those types of games so almost all of the fanservice is lost on me, but I am really digging the voice acting (wish it was fully voice acted) and graphics. Can't wait to play some more on lunch today.

Bururian

Picked it up last night (Best Buy had one LE left) and got through about an hour's worth, which took me through the first 3 Prologue chapters. I had cleared the demo once, but just button mashed my way through it. I took more time to read all the hint screens this time and have a better understanding of it, but still don't totally "get it" at this stage. I don't play a lot of those types of games so almost all of the fanservice is lost on me, but I am really digging the voice acting (wish it was fully voice acted) and graphics. Can't wait to play some more on lunch today.

It's okay, I'm just now getting the full hang of the mechanics and everything about 10 hours in.

jorgeton

This game is like the fever dream of a long-time gamer. All the various interactions and shout-outs to each games' mythology is awesome. I'm also digging the sense of humor and everything but the kitchen sink approach to storytelling. Really enjoying it so far.

ITS SHOWTIME!!!!

ubPtStq.jpg

Top Bottom