• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

cj_iwakura

I have a quick question I haven't been able to find the answer about. When you see the moves on the bottom screen, some have an icon before the command input, like an S or a D. What the heck do those letters mean (not the buttons you press like the d-pad or A/Y). The tutorial says these are Effect Icons, but I couldn't figure out what they stand for specifically. S means "stun"? D means ???

Screen_shot_2013_06_27_at_3_20_18_PM.png

They mean status effects infliction. Stun, Poison, and I forget the third.

Stun
Poison
Bind
Down

Not at a point in the game where these are major factors in my strategy so I don't know the exact effects of each, but that's what they stand for.

Isaccard

My standard edition pre-order from Newegg finally came but since I purchased the Limited Edition from Gamestop I'm just gonna take the Standard copy back to them and ask for a refund.

ohlawd

Now I understand the complaints.

A whole bunch of enemies, kinda hard to OHKO just one even with both supports, and the enemy can hit for 1/5th your health if you don't defend.

lawd.

Super late to the OT, but I've been playing since I picked up my copy (apparently they got 7 preorders, which was more than I was expecting!), and I fucking LOVE IT. It's so damn addictive and I'm having more fun with it than I did with Fire Emblem Awakening. I'm already at 16-17 hours, chapter 16.

I just love seeing where we wind up next and what new characters I get. I think that's why the game is so successful with me--even one new unit, whatever it is (solo, etc), will validate absolutely everything. And, frankly, I just love how chaotic and over-the-top battles are, and I'm engaged with trying to land Criticals every time. Picking the right commands is so fun <3

I've never felt like the game was a chore, and even with the BOATLOAD of enemies that appear, I just get excited because fights are so much fun for me, haha. It helps that I really love the music. They picked some really great tracks.

A whole bunch of enemies, kinda hard to OHKO just one even with both supports, and the enemy can hit for 1/5th your health if you don't defend.

lawd.

I feel i'm pretty deep into, and i haven't really found these to be big issues. I don't expect to OHKO every enemy, or even most. Plus, its really easy to build the meter for defense in this game. I mean, once you figure out the system the game plays on, it seems actually a bit too easy.

Bururian

lawd.

Most of the enemies, while I may not be able to K.O. in one turn, I get them down enough so that on their turn, I have enough XP to counter and defeat them so that I don't waste another turn fighting them. You get tons of health items so there is a balance there.

Cody_D165

Banned
I literally cannot put this down.

This is like the best fanservice game I've ever played. And it's genuinely fun.

To think I almost passed on it is a shame.

LuuKyK

I really like the fact that every new stage you get to know a new character. Also the fact that you unlock new attacks and database entries. It makes you not want to stop. It really does.

I am having a blast. So much fan service, good music.

Also lol at the erotica pictures from Frank. The dialogue and plot in this is so bad its good.

WatTsu

Still in the prologues but this game has been growing on me, especially after the
prologue mission where Chun-Li, "Bruce Willis", Hsien-Ko, Frank West, Heihachi, Chris, and Jill fight zombies on a cruise ship
. This game is basically fanfiction with higher production values and I'm weirdly kind of digging it.

Bururian

Chapters are starting to get to be an hour in length. I can only do one or two at a time. I have to take a break. I'm loving the game, but I don't want to burn out before I'm even a third of the way through it.

Suppose i'll have to play this at a slow burn.

Markun

And there's another song missing in the localization.

Rocks doesn't play at Stage 27. They use the Endless Frontier Exceed remix for the stage instead.

Teknoman

Trons ass. Is this necessary?

*keeps playing*

She kinda does that butt out pose in alot of official art, so its not that much of a stretch I guess. Also Xiaomu is more blunt on what she wants than Morrigan...so that was a surprise lol.

Viewtiful Joe and Sylvia was another missed opportunity, Joe would've probably freaked out seeing all the heroes from different universes.

LuuKyK

Already two characters in this game who are voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. I am not wrong when I say she is the Troy Baker of Japan. :p

Jintor

Trons ass. Is this necessary?

*keeps playing*

I think at some point you've just got to shrug and let the sexual innuendo wash over you.

It's a lot more blatant about it than I'm used to, but I think that's just because it's, like, the sexual innuendo that creators put in EVERY one of these damn series shoved together in one place.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, I need to get back to RoF one of these days so I can reach that cutscene.

In any case, I'm seriously digging all the jokes and references in this. Got a good chuckle out of the God/Gods Eater argument.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just got this for review. Had heard very little going in. It's kind of ridiculous and awesome. Like X-Com mixed with a JRPG that has action scenes.

Still have no idea what I'm doing...

Grunts have HP just high enough that you can't kill them in one attack unless you have both a support and a solo.

If you only have one of those things (support or solo), you need to land multiple timing crits and maximize the X damage bonus.

It's pretty typical to have a bunch of grunts hanging around with less than 10% HP because you didn't squeeze out that extra bit of damage.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah I know, but with Namco having publishing rights in the west, well, one would think it could be done.

I mean, if the G&G knight is there, why not Siegmeyer or Ornstein?

Because Capcom owns G&G?

I don't think Dark Soul's generally considered a Namco property by the population at large. This game was released in Japan first, so I don't see why they would bother jumping through those hoops. As much as I love Dark Souls, I don't think it really belongs in a game like this.

Teknoman

Just got this for review. Had heard very little going in. It's kind of ridiculous and awesome. Like X-Com mixed with a JRPG that has action scenes.

Still have no idea what I'm doing...

Chain attacks to keep enemies in the air, rack up enough X points to pull off a Y button special, profit.

RangerBAD

Grunts have HP just high enough that you can't kill them in one attack unless you have both a support and a solo.

If you only have one of those things (support or solo), you need to land multiple timing crits and maximize the X damage bonus.

It's pretty typical to have a bunch of grunts hanging around with less than 10% HP because you didn't squeeze out that extra bit of damage.

Eh?

Dereck

When I knock dude up in the air, and he hits the ground and I get that yellow warning sign, do I lose points?

Do I get more XP if I call in a solo guy, and he continues the combo while the opponent is still in the air, as opposed to letting the opponent bounce first?

Top Bottom