• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

jorgeton

It's crazy how they nailed the god eater burst stage. I was playing that right before I started this game and I love the little details they included, and that joke about god/gods made me lol. I have also yet to complete GEB, so the Lindow dossier was a massive spoiler..

My favorite moment so far has been reuniting the resonance of fate trio in battle. Closest thing we'll get to a sequel :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I like Neneko and her annoying voice/phrase, but I hate her Solo Attack.
Plus, I'm too lazy to go into practice mode to figure out why I keep missing; chapters take long enough as it is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's the title of the music that plays when you do the special attack for Zephyr and Leanne? PxZ has reminded me how great the music from RoF was.

Hmm, is it Irruption ? I know that's what plays when it's their turn.

I got to see Kite and Skeith Data Drain opponents in 3D.
This game has found its way to my heart and I haven't even hit the Tales of Vesperia characters yet.

Markun

I like Neneko and her annoying voice/phrase, but I hate her Solo Attack.
Plus, I'm too lazy to go into practice mode to figure out why I keep missing; chapters take long enough as it is.

The first two hits of her Solo hits really low, but comes out fast so make sure the enemy is about to land if you want to hit with it. I'm not gonna lie though, it's a pain in the ass to cross attack with her solo.

What's the title of the music that plays when you do the special attack for Zephyr and Leanne? PxZ has reminded me how great the music from RoF was.

Yeah, it's Irruption B. It's one of my favorite tracks in Resonance of Fate.

I got to see Kite and Skeith Data Drain opponents in 3D.
This game has found its way to my heart and I haven't even hit the Tales of Vesperia characters yet.
image.php

I'm really not sure why but I think Eins just looks AMAZING even though I know he's so dumb looking.

LuuKyK

Man, Tron and Frank/Hsien-Ko work so well. dat horizontal attacks.

I am not feeling Frank/Hsien-Ko in the game. The seem kind of weak, especially the left + A attack where they just throw stuff at the enemy... idk, it misses a lot and its hard to time. I dont understand how are you pairing them with Tron of all people, her attacks are all ground based.

Hope I'm not the only one who killed Gozuki and Mezuki in Chapter 4. I want dat XP.

I did too. No way I am letting any XP/monster or briefcase/chest go in this game. I am going for them all. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hope I'm not the only one who killed Gozuki and Mezuki in Chapter 4. I want dat XP.

I've been making sure to kill absolutely everyone except the "target" first.

I am not feeling Frank/Hsien-Ko in the game. The seem kind of weak, especially the left + A attack where they just throw stuff at the enemy... idk, it misses a lot and its hard to time. I dont understand how are you pairing them with Tron of all people, her attacks are all ground based.

I had the same pairing for a long time. Frank/Hsien-Ko + Tron is a great combination. Frank-Ko's combos tend to keep the enemy locked in place, just above the ground and centered between them, so a lot of support attacks will always hit... and then they're locked in place because of the Cross-X mechanic. Their Right+A attack does a good deal of damage, too.

You can take a look at the different moves in the menu and see what class each move is for damage (rated S-D) and exactly how much XP they build. The left+A might be better for XP building.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why didn't they translate it as Alice in Wonderland? lol

Also, the demo stage is different from its in-game incarnation.

Jintor

Since Tron's servebot grab attack triggers almost instantly the second you hit the button, if you time it pretty much with the first hit you can keep any enemy just locked at ground level for pretty much an entire combo

I'm playing the game in short sporadic sessions, but I'm liking it once I took the time to read through the tutorials in the menu to understand it more.

Also, my copy from NewEgg arrived, I've got to initiate the return since it's (bleh) the standard edition.

LuuKyK

I've been making sure to kill absolutely everyone except the "target" first.

I had the same pairing for a long time. Frank/Hsien-Ko + Tron is a great combination. Frank-Ko's combos tend to keep the enemy locked in place, just above the ground and centered between them, so a lot of support attacks will always hit... and then they're locked in place because of the Cross-X mechanic. Their Right+A attack does a good deal of damage, too.

You can take a look at the different moves in the menu and see what class each move is for damage (rated S-D) and exactly how much XP they build. The left+A might be better for XP building.

Since Tron's servebot grab attack triggers almost instantly the second you hit the button, if you time it pretty much with the first hit you can keep any enemy just locked at ground level for pretty much an entire combo

Hmmm, ok, I will try it then.

I always thought it was meant to be Alice lol

I may be wrong, but isn that kind of a joke over how Alice is pronnounced in japanese?

This game is way more fun than it has any right to be. Not that far into it, and enjoying it so much. How long is it?

Very long. People were saying 40 hours long iirc. Makes sense based on the fact that the game has 41 chapters that should take from 45 mins to 1 hour to complete...

Isaccard

This OT is a nice change of pace compared to the demo thread of everyone taking a shit on this gem. It's not perfect but damn if it isn't awesome/fun.

Videoneon

I kill everything, yet the enemies still seem to be a couple levels highers than some of my units. However, I'm also trying to keep the levels relatively equal, so we'll see if I abandon that later. It may be all for nothing anyway, as for now the enemies aren't unmanageable and saving one's XP for healing skills or just using items suffices if you get in trouble.

I have yet to reach the
Ghosts 'n Goblins stage
which is reportedly a challenge, so I'm pretty excited to see how that turns out. And I'll be the game gets tougher once MAP attacks become a necessity.

Markun already got the song for the super attack down, but the other song that plays is Battle to Pay the Debt. I want to say that Zephyr/Leanne don't have preset songs because I remember Irruption playing once or twice when I was in chapter they're first introduced (and I didn't attach Vashyron), and that it cycles between either Battle or Irruption, but it seems like Vashyron always triggers Irruption to be played.

image.php

I'm really not sure why but I think Eins just looks AMAZING even though I know he's so dumb looking.

I think he looks fucking awesome and absurdly goofy at the same time. I totally feel the same way!

zroid

Banned
Seeing some of you guys enjoying this so much, I'm starting to regret my sort-of-last-minute decision not to purchase it. Eventually you realize there's no way you'll ever able to play the 25+ games you pre-ordered this year and some just have to get cut. PxZ was one of them. :(

Dereck

I understand that in able for Multi-Attacks to work you need to have your XP at 100%, but why does the choice never show up? Is there something else I need to do?

LostAnkh

Man, Tron and Frank/Hsien-Ko work so well. dat horizontal attacks.
RIGHT? I always get the crits whenever I use them, then it's just spam support for more meter.

I understand that in able for Multi-Attacks to work you need to have your XP at 100%, but why does the choice never show up? Is there something else I need to do?
It's based on their level, because you get new attacks at certain levels.

LuuKyK

Wow @ the amount of enemies at chapter 9. Wtf? I wasnt expecting that much. Does the number grow as the game progresses?

I will stop for today. Its lots of fun though.

So it's completely random, OK.

It is not random if you unlock them at determined levels...

I only unlocked one new attack at the moment. ChunLi and Morrigan's down attack. They are level 11 I think.

Bururian

Wow @ the amount of enemies at chapter 9. Wtf? I wasnt expecting that much. Does the number grow as the game progresses?

I will stop for today. Its lots of fun though.

It is not random if you unlock them at determined levels...

I only unlocked one new attack at the moment. ChunLi and Morrigan's down attack. They are level 11 I think.

Wait until chapter 11. I must have gone through some thirty enemies.

LuuKyK

Wait until chapter 11. I must have gone through some thirty enemies.

Well, i am ok with that. Chapter 9 had 26 iirc so thats not that much of an increase really.

I also like how the resonance of fate trio is the one that makes the biggest combos. They easily reach 100 hits now. Pretty crazy, but it makes sense.

Bururian

Well, i am ok with that. Chapter 9 had 26 iirc so thats not that much of an increase really.

I also like how the resonance of fate trio is the one that makes the bigger combos. They easily reach 100 hits now. Pretty crazy, but it makes sense.

there were also a number of bosses. 4 I believe. That gets a little pushy for me when the defeat conditions are exactly what the AI is trying to do.

Top Bottom