• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Soul Beat

ITS SHOWTIME!!!!

ubPtStq.jpg
Did they not have the LE anymore?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
By the way, how come some characters like Ryu and Heihachi have that "aura" effect when they start their turn?

Sadist

Demo B was quite fun. OG Dante looks awesome.

Japanese voice overs will take some time to get used to. Japanese Chris and Jill sound weird.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, I decided to get FE, instead of this. I managed to get it for a bit more than $20, so it's a good deal. I hope it's worth it.

The game is so fun! As a strategy games player, this game is so easy for me yet its so much fun. The battle system is wicked + the conversations are dope!

The Japanese Voice-Cast is another thing thats making the game so much fun too

This makes me remember I never know what box art for 3DS and Vita games even looks like anymore for the games I play. All digital has ruined my life!

I love having hard copies of my games. Digital isnt my thing as I hate it and never deal with it. I hate it to the point I'd wait a MONTH for a game rather than download it digitally.

vctor182

One thing I'm having trouble to understand is when you counter an enemy, some characters (like Chun-Li/Morrigan) are able to do 2 attacks (+ 1 solo attack if you one) instead of just one while others (like Jin/Lin) only do 1 attack.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've only had Jin and Ryu doing it so far. No one else. Maybe it has to do with an equipped item?

Even Heihachi as an enemy does it.

One thing I'm having trouble to understand is when you counter an enemy, some characters (like Chun-Li/Morrigan) are able to do 2 attacks (+ 1 solo attack if you one) instead of just one while others (like Jin/Lin) only do 1 attack.

Skill/ability. Some characters have that in their stats screen that they get additional counter, usually from a Solo.

Bururian

Even Heihachi as an enemy does it.

Skill/ability. Some characters have that in their stats screen that they get additional counter, usually from a Solo.

I'll bet it has to do with their fighting ability. I'll scour through the manual, see if I can find anything.

edit: Nevermind. That manual is really bare bones.

Bulzeeb

Regret not playing LM2 or PXZ?

both, I am finishing Mario 3D land and I have Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda OoT, Etrian odyssey 4 and RE: Revelations in my back log, I still play from time to time some pokemon white 2 and mario kart 7

I have enough games to play for the rest of the year but I know I'll be buying more stuff along the way :S

JKTrix

I ordered my copy off of Amazon, 2 LEs. I went by my local store today and they actually had them in stock, but not the Limited Edition. I bought one from them anyway because I didn't expect them to get it, and they've said many times that I'm like the only one who buys those games at that store in Bermuda.

I'm in the US next week so I'm sure I can pawn it off somewhere.

Also the ultimate fanservice for me is when one of my games mentions Bermuda in any form. So PXZ peaked early.

TheGrue

I love having hard copies of my games. Digital isnt my thing as I hate it and never deal with it. I hate it to the point I'd wait a MONTH for a game rather than download it digitally.

Yeah, but I travel a lot for work and having all my games on an SD card outweighs any desire to look at box art.

jaz013

Banned
Why, why did I had to buy this and AC:NL? The urge to play both is unsettling, and even worst, I can only play after 6 o 7 pm....

Great game, I'm really digging it so far (3 hours, chapter 4).

lol yeah i should be playing TLOU but this got me hooked more.

Don't have an xbox so i have no clue what dead rising mentions are about. Whats a 'mixed juice' and is there actual lewd photoshooting in the game?

Don't have an xbox so i have no clue what dead rising mentions are about. Whats a 'mixed juice' and is there actual lewd photoshooting in the game?
Not sure about the mixed juice, but I'm thinking its referring to the fact that you can blend your own drinks in Dead Rising and use the results to boost your health, strength, ect. Frank's a photographer in the game, so as the player you can take as many lewd photos as you want. You even get experience points for the amount of lewdness. xD

lol yeah i should be playing TLOU but this got me hooked more.

Finished TLOU last week (loved the story btw). Trust me when I say you're making the right choice, this game is a lot more fun.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Oh boy this is an SRPG! Somehow I forgot/overlooked this fact. No difficulty settings or options (would rather swap the cpad/dpad functions if I could) in general is kinda weird. I did the first 2 prologues an things went smoothly enough but is this gonna get "look up a faq" hard later on or something I can grind my way outta? Loved hearing some VF & SF music, can't wait for more familiar goodies!

This looks like another reason to get a 3DS. But I have one question:

Is it just me or were these "Original Characters" designed to be a parody of your average anime character designs(not that I'm offended by it or anything)?
QIULULE.jpg

Isaccard

Demo B was quite fun. OG Dante looks awesome.

Japanese voice overs will take some time to get used to. Japanese Chris and Jill sound weird.

Jap VA is usually always better.

Is it just me or were these "Original Characters" designed to be a parody of your average anime character designs(not that I'm offended by it or anything)?
QIULULE.jpg

No.

Ok, so i have been absolutely taken by this game since i picked it up on Tuesday Morning (about 14 hours in so far). I need to spoiler this, but i just need to like, share my straight joy right now:

I can't believe they are straight up referencing a full chapter to Gain Ground. I loved that game as a kid, and this is easily the highlight of a game full of awesome moments. Having to actually rescue Lady and Arthur is just icing on the top.

cluderi

Damn it, placed my order in April and the online store is still waiting for stock. Knowing my luck the local stores in Aus will get stock before I get my order from overseas.

Finished TLOU last week (loved the story btw). Trust me when I say you're making the right choice, this game is a lot more fun.

I'm not hating on TLOU, thats fun too (i'm enjoying combat more here though), but that requires me to be in the right state of mind, and an alloted time which is not often after work lol. Should finish it in a few more weekends lol.

Isn't dead rising a zombie game? Where are these erotic photos coming from?

SO I picked up the Limited Edition today at EB.

Turns out it's the same price as the normal version.

I guess this is one of those first print run things where you get extra stuff for buying from the release shipment?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In the original Dead Rising & in DR2: Off The Record, you can take pictures that're ranked based on what type of photo you took (Erotica, Horror, Outtake, Drama, Brutality, etc.) and would give you points to help level up.

Shouta

QIULULE.jpg

Haken and Kagura are basically expys of two characters from SRW OG (though they are SRW OGs chars themselves) Reiji and Xiaomu are too, lol. These two basically throw everything including the kitchen sink in their design though which is why it feels so parody-like.

kyo-exc.jpg

Are the two that launched a thousand clone (not literally) couples by that character designer/creator.

RangerBAD

You're looking for the word archetypes, and Kaguya has an Excellen-esque personality. Haken and Kyosuke or nothing alike except the poker references.

Really? I'm expecting the appearance by the OG characters to be a parody of every anime trope ever.

On another topic, why is Monolith developing this and not Banpresto like I've always seen?

Co-developed by the two. Back when Monolith did Namco X Capcom, they weren't owned by Nintendo yet. I guess they brought them back because PXZ is a sequel of sorts to NXC.

Favorite and least favorite Y moves?

Favorite solo attack?

from what i've so far, the NxC protags have my favorite. Not really a fan of morrigan/chunli's. Mainly because morrigan's part is visually boring outside of her cutscene lolboobs moment.

favorite solo attack is probably arthur. haven't seen many though.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Finally got my copy. The top of 6 of the pages in my artbook weren't properly cut for some reason and I had to rip them apart. No big deal though since it's kind of a crappy artbook and I only damaged part of the Shiny Force guy's page. Excited to finally dig in!

I have a quick question I haven't been able to find the answer about. When you see the moves on the bottom screen, some have an icon before the command input, like an S or a D. What the heck do those letters mean (not the buttons you press like the d-pad or A/Y). The tutorial says these are Effect Icons, but I couldn't figure out what they stand for specifically. S means "stun"? D means ???

Screen_shot_2013_06_27_at_3_20_18_PM.png

Top Bottom