• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

pahamrick

Picked this up on the eshop since I had just enough balance, and so glad I did.

I can only play it in brief spurts tho, but I just passed chapter 11 and it took me roughly an hour and 30 minutes. The little jokes, the sprite work and animation, the fan service (Some of the stages have had such amazing attention to detail). Good stuff, makes me kinda sad I couldn't swing for the full on LE version.

Dereck

It is not random if you unlock them at determined levels...

I only unlocked one new attack at the moment. ChunLi and Morrigan's down attack. They are level 11 I think.
I'm really confused, how do I "unlock" the ability to do Multi-Attacks? Every character is level 13 or above, and I'm lost.

Just did a 101 HIT COMBO!!!!

NHmjdlP.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm really confused, how to I "unlock" the ability to do Multi-Attacks? Every character is level 13 or above, and I'm lost.

You learn them eventually. Each character learns attacks at different levels, as not everyone learns them at the same time. Chris and Jill learn their Multi Attack at an early level - but that's only to demo the Multi Attack. You don't play them for a long time, and by then you most likely have some characters who have learned their Multi Attack.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrg, just spent 1 hour and 40 min on Chapter 16 because I thought the chapter would instantly end once I got the key.
I hate how requirements can change on the fly sometimes.

newsguy

Despite lots of the fan service being lost on me and not giving a shit about the story, I'm loving this game. I am getting very good with timing attacks to the point where the screen just looks like a mess of explosions.

Dereck

You learn them eventually. Each character learns attacks at different levels, as not everyone learns them at the same time. Chris and Jill learn their Multi Attack at an early level - but that's only to demo the Multi Attack. You don't play them for a long time, and by then you most likely have some characters who have learned their Multi Attack.
Thank you

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We need to make a list of all the removed music/changed content. I get Namco had to take some liberties in order to deal with licensing, but it kind of sucks hearing more & more songs being removed.

& got a good laugh when all the Endless Frontier characters finally appeared & the reactions the others had (once again Frank & Vashyron were great).

kinda wish teams have separate xp gauges. Wish I would use the Y moves more, but been mostly just hording xp so I can block moves and only use Y stuff on bosses :/

All of these changes has me seriously considering buying the Japanese version, but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the flavor text. I already have a JP 3DS but meh...<_>

STOP CHANGING GAMES DAMMIT

Tales is owned by Namco why would they take out their own song?

GeekyDad

All of these changes has me seriously considering buying the Japanese version, but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the flavor text. I already have a JP 3DS but meh...<_>

They still have to pay royalties to the performers/composers for each game sold, I would think. Perhaps whatever contract they have for certain performances is only legally binding within Japan. Just spitballing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

J-Pop songs are not actually owned by the games or publisher.

Isaccard

Seriously? I didn't know the localization was gimped that badly.

I kind of regret getting the English version but I don't have a JP 3DS so I would be kind of screwed if I didn't.

Oh well.

It's missing a few vocal tracks and its "gimped?" The fuck? All things considered its amazing we even got this game at all.

ChrisG683

Ok I just Youtube'd for the X Zone verion of Ring a Bell... I'm ok with that abomination being removed.

Don't get me wrong, the original is amazing... but that mix made me want to cry.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ok I just Youtube'd for the X Zone verion of Ring a Bell... I'm ok with that abomination being removed.

Don't get me wrong, the original is amazing... but that mix made me want to cry.

Makes me feel a little better.

Man, why isn't Judith in this game? Judy needs to be in EVERY game.

luokyl

Everything sounds like it's from Street Fighter 2! Ring a Bell doesn't really fit though.

Gartooth

Picked up the game yesterday and played it for so many hours it's crazy. Love the fanservice in the game, really makes the experience for me so far. Also, Ring a Bell is gone? Dammit, I'm a big fan of Tales of Vesperia so that really pisses me off,
could we at least have gotten Fury Sparks on the OST that came with the game please?

Does anyone know all the music that was cut from the game? I know the opening theme, Over the Clouds, and Ring a Bell are all gone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
World's Love from Shining Force EXA got removed, from what I've heard, most likely the same reason Ring a Bell was removed (j-pop song they couldn't get the rights to).

Quixzlizx

Was Newegg not a participating retailer for the LE? I preordered the game at least a month ago, and when my copy arrived it was just a regular copy.

Top Bottom