• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

demidar

Looks like a trap with those spike thingies coming out the side. That's how Venus fly traps work you know, provide something enticing then trapping their prey.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Finally got my first recurring Multi Attack user with Morrigan/Chun Li. I kinda wish Morrigan could do that Finishing Shower with Astral Vision.

Then again a lot of good characters here are gimped in the versus and original games lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Finally got my first recurring Multi Attack user with Morrigan/Chun Li. I kinda wish Morrigan could do that Finishing Shower with Astral Vision.

Then again a lot of good characters here are gimped in the versus and original games lol

Do you get new animations with the MultiAttacks? What level are they now?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Erm what new animation?

And I got them at around 15 or 16 I think, I forgot. lol

Like, a new Super flash cutscene. Chris and Jill had one in the prologue. I wanted to see if there are new Super type moves or if it's just the same animation as their XP super.

I'm level 18 right now and I don't think I have a multi-attack.

kiryogi

Banned
World's Love from Shining Force EXA got removed, from what I've heard, most likely the same reason Ring a Bell was removed (j-pop song they couldn't get the rights to).
Valkykia 3 op as well. Anything licensed is gone, even tho its only a midi rendition Lolol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Like, a new Super flash cutscene. Chris and Jill had one in the prologue. I wanted to see if there are new Super type moves or if it's just the same animation as their XP super.

I'm level 18 right now and I don't think I have a multi-attack.

Oh, all multiple attacks are different from their supers. For Chun Li/Morrigan, Morrigan activates Astral Vision while Chun Li performs Kikkoushou, then the succubus follows with Finishing Shower (doubled because of Astral Vision). They finish with a Shadow Blade. Can only attack 2 enemies though.

Oh and I checked, mine is level 19.

been stuck at work for a better part of the week so i havent really been able to play too much.

i'm still only on prologue 5 where
chris and jill
join up the fight with
lord raptor

really fun game.

257177-PXZisMean.jpg

Haha

Dantis

Gosh, the original characters are vile.

Everything else looks neat though. Looking forward to it.

Cool OT, by the way, CJ!

Bururian

I've yet to get my hit streak above 86. My timing must not be as good as yours. Then again, with the RoF pair, they have a wide and longer range of attacks, so it's easier to get the hit combo that high.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The screenshot tool for the 3DS needs to be updated to be used with this game. It would be cool to share combo, damage stats.
They need to update it so it can be used for EVERY game, similar to the Vita.

In any case, think my highest was about 102, with Frank/Hsien-Ko, Tron, and a support team.

LuuKyK

I feel bad for having to skip one of the bosses at chapter 10. I just probably wouldnt be able to handle them bot at once. At least I killed two and got all the chests. Still I feel for the missed XP.

Gardios

Dat nostalgia

27 hours in and this game still manages to keep on giving. I'm amazed that they managed to nail the references, character interactions, music(well, mostly) and battle animations so well.

Soul Beat

I was thinking of taking my time, but your image has rekindled my desire to reach X and Zero!

Time to destroy everyone who stands in my way!

Sallokin

I didn't even know this was out. Was at target today and saw the LE on shelves and immediately convulsed and whipped my debit card at the cashier.

Seik

Banned
So I just cancelled my Amazon order. The thing wasn't even shipped yet, I mean god damn, my patience have it's limits. At this point I feared that I would get a standard edition...not making pre-orders on Amazon anytime soon.

So I just called a retailer that's 5 minutes from where I live.

''Hey there, do you have copies of PxZ left?''
''Yeah sure, we have 2 copies.''
''The big boxes? By this I mean the Limited Edition?''
''Yep.''
''Keep both for me, I'm coming.''

BRB.

Rarutos

I wonder if there's a list of combinations of Pair + Solo units that get special lines with each other somewhere, because I want to see them all! Especially the ones with the Sakura Wars characters.

Danj

Still jelly that America gets the limited edition while Europe doesn't :( (well and the whole having to wait an extra week too)

Markun

I wonder if there's a list of combinations of Pair + Solo units that get special lines with each other somewhere, because I want to see them all! Especially the ones with the Sakura Wars characters.

All pairs get special before battle lines with every solo. However, there are only certain pairs that also get a special victory line with some solos. I could probably compile a list of which Solo has a special victory quote with each pair by looking at the Japanese atwiki.

Speaking of which, team Tron with Ryu and Ken because their special victory quote is the cutest in the game.

It's missing a few vocal tracks and its "gimped?" The fuck? All things considered its amazing we even got this game at all.

Yes it is amazing that this was brought over at all.

Is there something wrong with lamenting that content was removed?

I'm on chapter 5 right now and it's been pretty easy so far. Playing Endless Frontier is good for preparing you for this kind of combat.

Does anyone know what the D-Pad directions near your XP bar mean? I noticed that when you do an attack it will get greyed out although I'm not noticing any effects after I've greyed them all out.

Seik

Banned
Welp, the guy just fucking lied to me.

I arrived and he showed me the standard edition...I was like "What? I asked for the limited edition?!" then he said "I'm sorry, it's my fault, I guess we had a misunderstanding.."

Then I called EB Games and thank god they had 2 copies of the LE. Screw independant shops now, it always end up as a frustrating experience... I loved to show support to those but nowadays they simply NEVER deliver...

Dat nostalgia

27 hours in and this game still manages to keep on giving. I'm amazed that they managed to nail the references, character interactions, music(well, mostly) and battle animations so well.

I just got X/Zero last night. They're fun to use. I like their attacks and super.

Gartooth

Taking a break for now, but I checked what the next mission was and it seems my next characters to recruit are Yuri and Estelle! Took a few minutes to try them out and it's insane how well they (and every other character from a game I've played before) translated in terms of their sprites and movements into the game.

LuuKyK

Yeah I just got Yuri and Estelle. They are awesome and the guy that appear with them is the strongest single unit yet. Goddamn!

blurrygil

Welp, the guy just fucking lied to me.

I arrived and he showed me the standard edition...I was like "What? I asked for the limited edition?!" then he said "I'm sorry, it's my fault, I guess we had a misunderstanding.."

Then I called EB Games and thank god they had 2 copies of the LE. Screw independant shops now, it always end up as a frustrating experience... I loved to show support to those but nowadays they simply NEVER deliver...

Congrats on scoring one, regardless. Gamestops all over our area are selling out like it's going out of style...

Markun

So that's what it does...

I was wondering where that fourth attack was coming from. Is it possible to get more than 3+1?

Your characters will learn more attacks to use as they level up. When they learn an attack the attack limit also increases. Every character will have 5 attacks by the end of the game so the most attacks you can do in a turn is 6.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Already two characters in this game who are voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. I am not wrong when I say she is the Troy Baker of Japan. :p

Wow MS doing voices in this game? Cool. Which two characters?

The fanservice in this game is on another level, pretty crazy.

On the other hand I really wish the gameplay had more depth and was less repetitive.

Seik

Banned
So I finally bought two copies, one to play and the other I'm keeping sealed.

Papersleeves came for a visit and was hyped so he bought it too and we took this beautiful picture. :D

WWDqWjQ.jpg

Time to play...finally!

Isaccard

Yes it is amazing that this was brought over at all.

Is there something wrong with lamenting that content was removed?

I'm on chapter 5 right now and it's been pretty easy so far. Playing Endless Frontier is good for preparing you for this kind of combat.

Does anyone know what the D-Pad directions near your XP bar mean? I noticed that when you do an attack it will get greyed out although I'm not noticing any effects after I've greyed them all out.

I would hardly call a few j-pop songs worth lamenting over.

Top Bottom