• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Videoneon

I would hardly call a few j-pop songs worth lamenting over.

They are worth lamenting over. Ring a Bell in particular is one of the most painful losses. The other thing to note is that most all of the vocal themes taken out are more interesting than what gets left behind. The Valkyria theme is a short loop, the EXA overworld theme sucks because it's too mellow, Fury Sparks is boring (=P), and the two other God Eater Burst songs aren't as catchy as Over the Clouds.

I mean, I'm not "j-pop or no buy" but it's a clear loss.

Gartooth

They are worth lamenting over. Ring a Bell in particular is one of the most painful losses. The other thing to note is that most all of the vocal themes taken out are more interesting than what gets left behind. The Valkyria theme is a short loop, the EXA overworld theme sucks because it's too mellow, Fury Sparks is boring (=P), and the two other God Eater Burst songs aren't as catchy as Over the Clouds.

I mean, I'm not "j-pop or no buy" but it's a clear loss.

Oh hell naw you didn't just diss the best battle theme from ToV did you!? Anyways as far as I know Fury Sparks was in the original release of PxZ so it didn't replace Ring a Bell, though I'm not sure what did. Think it might have been the overworld theme which is a pretty disappointing choice.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Goddamnit. I set up a boss perfectly to kill with a super with the team I wanted and rack up an enormous combo... and then I dropped it and the boss disappeared before I could unleash the super. Goodbye 20% :(

Videoneon

Oh hell naw you didn't just diss the best battle theme from ToV did you!? Anyways as far as I know Fury Sparks was in the original release of PxZ so it didn't replace Ring a Bell, though I'm not sure what did. Think it might have been the overworld theme which is a pretty disappointing choice.

Whooops. =)

Yeah, Fury Sparks was in the original release of PXZ. That overworld theme, Cold Morning Star, (for 2nd arc or final arc of the game? don't remember) was also in the original release too.

It's not so bad. It's not just a pleasant and exciting overworld theme. It's serious and vast. I miss me some Kane wo Narashite though.

---

Got a question for any Endless Frontier buffs:

What's the other song that plays for Haken and Kaguya besides "Where Infinities Meet"?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I was gonna nickname this game Prologue: The Game but there was only like 5 of 'em so I'll let it go!

Bahn is here!! Fighting Vipers love! To awesome! I had no idea!
Oh ffs. Never thought I'd see/hear the word Gnosis again @_@;
Looks like I've already collected 4 items from the .hack-verse (Healing Serum, Mage's Soul, Artisan's Soul, Omnipotent Soda)! But no .hackers in sight yet!

Videoneon

I was gonna nickname this game Prologue: The Game but there was only like 5 of 'em so I'll let it go!

Bahn is here!! Fighting Vipers love! To awesome! I had no idea!
Oh ffs. Never thought I'd see/hear the word Gnosis again @_@;
Looks like I've already collected 4 items from the .hack-verse (Healing Serum, Mage's Soul, Artisan's Soul, Omnipotent Soda)! But no .hackers in sight yet!

If you're really curious about when they show up,
they're fairly early. Chapter 6 or 7 I believe. They're like the 8th team to show up after the prologues are concluded. Not one of the first teams, but not in the mid-range either.

Loona

I'm more curious about learning when this became such a big deal. It seems to be a recent thing.
(Songs and licensing hell that is.)

Already happened with Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - licensing hell to localize but they made it, at the cost of some music tracks in the process.

Am I crazy for wishing we'd gotten Suzuka instead of Sanger?

Yes, because there isn't enough Sanger - he should get his classic SRWOG partner, Trombe and some way to pull off THAT team attack without mechs.

LuuKyK

Is it possible to change characters attack in this game? Because I unlocked some, but I don't see it anywhere.

Change? You can use every attack in each fight. If you unlocled a new one (which probably is the down + A one) you are now able to do four attacks + 1 extra. If the attack you unlocled is a multi attack it wont show up in your list. To use it you need 150XP and more than two enemies in range.

GeekyDad

Ha, ha. Riemsianne says, "I don't know who half of you are, but I'll kill you all the same." Kinda like most folks playing this game.

Change? You can use every attack in each fight. If you unlocled a new one (which probably is the down + A one) you are now able to do four attacks + 1 extra. If the attack you unlocled is a multi attack it wont show up in your list. To use it you need 150XP and more than two enemies in range.

You can multi attack? I didn't know about that.

LuuKyK

You can multi attack? I didn't know about that.

Yeah, after unlocking it just press start to change to multi attack (with 150XP and more than two enemies in range) then you can select up to four monsters to attack. Its like a special attack but hits more than one enemy. Its not as powerful as special attacking a single monster but its helpful depending on the situation you are in.

I hope there are more .hack stages.
I just beat Chapter 9 and boy, was it a doozy. Took seemingly forever.
Coasting along at about 2~3 Chapters per night seems to be working pretty well to keep me from burning out.

Yeah, after unlocking it just press start to change to multi attack (with 150XP and more than two enemies in range) then you can select up to four monsters to attack. Its like a special attack but hits more than one enemy. Its not as powerful as special attacking a single monster but its helpful depending on the situation you are in.

Thanks. Now it should be easy for me to kill minor enemies that surrounds me.

Markun

Oh man Chapter 33 is one of the funnier chapters in the game.

Title of chapter:
Die Even Harder

Also, Riemsianne gets around.
She pretty much kissed every Morolian and Coco Tapioca, the purple robot thing, just to get them under her control.
This made me like her a lot just for the fact that doing is so Space Channel 5-ish.

Videoneon

Yes, because there isn't enough Sanger - he should get his classic SRWOG partner, Trombe and some way to pull off THAT team attack without mechs.

1211166247_f.jpg

Can just do it like that for the lulz.

Seik

Banned
I'm at chapter 2 now, played a solid 1 hour 45 minutes.

Love it so far, the super attacks are sick. It feels good to have this game localized. :)

A good surprise for me was that the included soundtrack have 25 tracks, I'm used to have something around 7-8 tracks (Soul Hackers, P4A, The Last Story, Code of Princess) so fuck yeah, that LE is full of good content. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have no idea what that is.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle. Some of the characters are named after bands and such.

Awesome, finally have met Kurt & Riela. It's a nice surprise when a new character finally appears in a chapter.

Your characters will learn more attacks to use as they level up. When they learn an attack the attack limit also increases. Every character will have 5 attacks by the end of the game so the most attacks you can do in a turn is 6.

I see. I guess I haven't progressed far enough since everyone on my team still has 3 attacks. I need to make some more time for this.

I would hardly call a few j-pop songs worth lamenting over.

Well I guess we just have different views then. I don't have any intentions of de-railing the thread with negativity if that's a concern. So let's just leave it at that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I'm still bummed Ratsel isn't here so that Sanger wouldn't be limited to a solo unit.

I mean, for fucks sake, Inada is in the voice cast already!

Gartooth

You know what the problem with crossovers is? I've actually taken a liking to the Valkyria Chronicles characters (despite having never played a game in that series before) but they are from a Japan only PSP game. :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I haven't used a multi-attack since it was introduced with the Resident Evil characters.
Am I doing it right?
I'm always tempted when there enemies are clumped together.

so I feel like I'm burning through my recovery items, any tips to conserve or maybe obtain any extra ones outside of killing enemies?...or should I stop countering? I'm at the chapter which was used for Demo A (9...STOP TAKING SO MUCH DAMAGE UNITS!)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I never played his game, but I'm really liking Frank West in here.

Also, I'm pretty bummed out that Selvaria isn't useable.

Young Magus

• The Combat is pretty nice and I find myself enjoying the craziness and the action all on the screen. It feels really satisfying when you land a 100+ combo I must say
  • Presentation is decent, surprised that they kept SOME VO work as I imagined that it must've cost a pretty penny
  • Seeing characters that I know makes me feel a bit happy that we actually got the game over here in the first place. I would never imaged that I was play a game in which Ryu, Yuri Lowell AND MOTHERFUCKIN BRUCE WILLS BRUNO DELINGER are all fighting TOGETHER (AND RELEASED IN ENGLISH OFFICIALLY NO LESS). It also seems to me that the teams really put work into each shout out as the references keeps piling on and on and on.
  • Speaking of the games, seeing the characters I DON'T know all that well makes me wanna check out their series as well. More specifically, Resistance of Fate and Endless Frontier (which goes for a pretty penny I heard Q_Q ).
and those are my thoughts, BTW does anyone know that song that Plays when the .hack characters turn come up? Really like it.

You know what the problem with crossovers is? I've actually taken a liking to the Valkyria Chronicles characters (despite having never played a game in that series before) but they are from a Japan only PSP game. :(

The PS3 game is far and away the best one, and is easily available in English.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Weird how Stairs of Time is still in while other songs aren't. Really love it though.

Heihachi with Ryu+Ken is godly. Also, Heihachi offers Ryu to be his foster son lol.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
This Soma dudes a real downer, an his last name is Schicksal? I hope the .hackers don't think him an enemy! His friends seem pretty nice ta make up for it! Dunno what cores are or why Alisa's so into 'em!
Erica! Gemini! Hurrah! Sakura Wars arrived an what a good pair they make taking down a mech without even piloting their own!
"beep-boop music" Poor Bahn you're so not hip.
I'm pretty sure BlackRose's "Gun Drive" is a typo since its "Gan Drive" (gan = earth element) in the games!
Hmm so peoples lose consciousnes when logging into "The World"? Seems legit! What wasn't legit is opening the blue treasure boxes and not getting damaged LOL

If you're really curious about when they show up,
they're fairly early. Chapter 6 or 7 I believe. They're like the 8th team to show up after the prologues are concluded. Not one of the first teams, but not in the mid-range either.
ehehehe I shouldn't have peeked but I did and I'm glad cause I had just set the game down after Chapter 6 then picked it right back up for this!

So I haven't used a multi-attack since it was introduced with the Resident Evil characters.
Am I doing it right?
I'm always tempted when there enemies are clumped together.
Ya I've been wondering about that to. I'm thinking maybe only certain characters can use it since even in the prologue with Chris & Jill no one else I tried could do it!

and those are my thoughts, BTW does anyone know that song that Plays when the .hack characters turn come up? Really like it.
That song is an instrumental version of the .hack//Link opening theme Stairs of Time!

OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_UJrCMaf4E
Full Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfkIsdyrgU

There's also an instrumental version in the game itself different from the PXZ one, but no ones ever put it on youtube yet >.> That's another of my future tasks~

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Really, the only cast I don't like are the God Eater ones. Pretty lame and generic (much like their games!)

Weird how Stairs of Time is still in while other songs aren't. Really love it though.

Heihachi with Ryu+Ken is godly. Also, Heihachi offers Ryu to be his foster son lol.

Brave New World too :p

I guess it's because those songs are made for the games than singles.

Top Bottom