• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Jintor

He doesn't belong here and he didint belong in MvC3.

g540bdcb1.jpg

Lucentto

Banned
Just made it to chapter 38. This game just keeps on giving, I still don't feel it becoming repetitive. The maps they have in the later chapters reference other games perfectly. So far I have seen
two areas of Tarqaron from Tales of Vesperia and the Demon tower from DMC3
Yuri also references
Zagi
in his dialog.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I just realized that there are TABS in the item menu. And one tab is dedicated to XP raising.

Oh lord

Dereck

Is there anything in particular (not a skill) that prevents a boss from cut-scene counter-attacking as opposed to non-cut-scene counter-attacking or not counter-attacking?

I tried attacking the boss from behind, non-cut-scene counter attack. I did a multi-attack right in between two bosses, neither of them counter attacked. I attacked a boss 3 blocks away diagonally and I was even behind guy, cut-scene counter attack. Is it just random?

TDLink

Been playing this a few hours already and I am really confused about something. What allows you to use your Super (Y) move? Sometimes I want to do it and I press it and it works and sometimes it doesn't, so I am not really sure what the requirement on it being usable is. Is there a meter somewhere I am missing?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Been playing this a few hours already and I am really confused about something. What allows you to use your Super (Y) move? Sometimes I want to do it and I press it and it works and sometimes it doesn't, so I am not really sure what the requirement on it being usable is. Is there a meter somewhere I am missing?

You can use it when you have at least 100 meter. It's on the bottom right. All characters share that meter.

RangerBAD

100% on XP meter.

Beaten.

Caelestis

Just found out about this game recently, and now can't decide if I should buy it now or wait out a bit. I don't really care for LE things and have a huge backlog, but don't want to overpay later. They're going to print more copies, right? People on amazon already trying to hike up the price. o.o

Reveirg

Just finished Chapter 15, loving it so far, about ~12 hours in I believe.

How far am I into the game (%-wise), and how long is the game?

Trying to see if I'll get around to finishing it before SMTIV hits in a bit more than 2 weeks.

Gartooth

Finished chapter 16, that has to be the worst possible way to incorporate a Ghosts & Goblins stage into the game through a stupid chase sequence, don't know how I would have beaten it had it not been for Flynn's range boost and the range of characters like Haken. (it's funny how I sent the entire half of the party on that side of the stage after the goblins when really I only needed a few, some of the stragglers like Ryu and Frank got left behind)

Isaccard

Just found out about this game recently, and now can't decide if I should buy it now or wait out a bit. I don't really care for LE things and have a huge backlog, but don't want to overpay later. They're going to print more copies, right? People on amazon already trying to hike up the price. o.o

Better to buy it for a reasonable price now than a ridiculous one later.

TDLink

You can use it when you have at least 100 meter. It's on the bottom right. All characters share that meter.

100% on XP meter.

Beaten.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks guys.

Buy it now to support it actually coming to the west. The game will be available digitally as long as the 3DS eShop exists but who knows if they will ever print more physical copies.

Gartooth

Holy shiiit at the enemy count in chapter 13.

Yeah seeing how many enemies are in each chapter makes me oh so thankful that I never had to endure the enemy battle animations from Namco x Capcom as it would easily double the duration of battles if not more so. (funny that aside from the occasional boss attack, enemy sprites exist solely to get the shit beaten out of them)

Gartooth

up to chapter 6. still a cakewalk. gets much harder later right?

No the game seems stupidly easy so far and I'm on chapter 17, even if your units are near death you have so many health items that I never once felt in threat of having my team wiped out. (though I did get a gameover once simply because I forgot which pair I had to keep alive for that chapter)

LuuKyK

up to chapter 6. still a cakewalk. gets much harder later right?

It gets harder and longer. Prepare yourself for 30 or so 1 hour + long chapters. But filled with fun gameplay at least. :p

But yeah this is not half as hard and punishing as Fire Emblem. I never feel the fear of sending one of my characters after a boss like I did in FE.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There are some fights which can get tough if you're careless due to the conditions (i.e. reach x in 15 turns, destroy x objects in 15 turns).

WatTsu

I'm on chapter...6, I think, and finding that only playing one or two chapters a day keeps the game from feeling repetitive.

Caelestis

Better to buy it for a reasonable price now than a ridiculous one later.

Buy it now to support it actually coming to the west. The game will be available digitally as long as the 3DS eShop exists but who knows if they will ever print more physical copies.
You guys are not healthy for my wallet! xD
Ordered it from best buy. I don't want to resort to eShop with full price retail games. Not until Nintendo creates a proper account system.

Sanic

Still early days, but it doesn't look like this has gone up in value all that much, which is good for those of you who couldn't grab a copy right away. Sitting at under $43 on Amazon.

No the game seems stupidly easy so far and I'm on chapter 17, even if your units are near death you have so many health items that I never once felt in threat of having my team wiped out. (though I did get a gameover once simply because I forgot which pair I had to keep alive for that chapter)

And I think I can guess which chapter it was too! Because I got a gameover this morning right before I came in to work today.

ohlawd

HOUGEKI UNSHIN SHOKOSHOOOUUUUU

Chun-Li/Morrigan aside, Akira/Pai are my favorites. Dat music and dat special.

I really wish Yukari Tamura didn't voice Mii. Or at least, I wish she didn't use that voice.

Gartooth

And I think I can guess which chapter it was too! Because I got a gameover this morning right before I came in to work today.

I think it was the one where you get Sakura as a unit, and it's because I usually only think I need to keep the recruit/main unit of a chapter alive and well, but that chapter also requires keeping Kogoro alive which is where I went wrong due to sending him right after the boss.

Gartooth

Who is Shining Force's single character in the game?
Aura?

I don't think Shining Force got a solo unit. Aura is from .hack. (and an NPC)

Going to go on a big tangent here by the way, but the roster selection from Sega still shocks me for this game given how I know only a few of the characters, and haven't really played any of the IPs they are from either. (I know who Akira and Ulala are for example but never played their respective games)

Guess it goes to show how radically different Sega is in western territories compared to Japan when you consider what their most popular games are in each region. Compare the cast of Sonic & All-Stars Racing to that of this game where it almost seems like two separate companies altogether, at least compared to Capcom where I recognized every character and have played most the games they starred in. Namco is a little bit both ways though. (know/played Tekken and Tales, not much else)

Kolgar

Holy crap, what a precious gem this game is!

I wouldn't have known about it but for the email I got from Nintendo yesterday. First thing I did after that was check GAF for a thread, and you guys didn't disappoint.

Great thread, good demo, great game! I bought two copies yesterday and I'm in love with the graphics, the music, the costumes, the animations, and the laugh-out-loud funny writing.

I'm primarily a console gamer--at least I thought so--but my little 3DS is quietly becoming an almighty beast.

Haven't ever played a tactics game before, either, so I'm pleasantly surprised by this.

Gartooth

I felt trolled when I played the chapter where you finally get Yuri and Estelle only to see that
fucking Gattsuo made it into the game as an enemy. What's the deal Monolith!? At least they are easier to kill this time around...

Top Bottom