• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ya I've been wondering about that to. I'm thinking maybe only certain characters can use it since even in the prologue with Chris & Jill no one else I tried could do it!
Other characters get them at a higher level, starting maybe in the mid 20s, but I'm unsure about using them because of EXP opportunity costs.

Videoneon

Weird how Stairs of Time is still in while other songs aren't. Really love it though.

Heihachi with Ryu+Ken is godly. Also, Heihachi offers Ryu to be his foster son lol.

They had to put in Stairs of Time, it's the only song for the .hack team in the game. Same thing with the Sakura Wars III and V OP's, if they didn't put them in the game then Erica and Gemini have no team music D=

Also Stairs of Time is one of my favorite songs in this game, when I first heard in the 16 minute trailer from ages ago I hoped for someone to name it, so I could listen to the
original.

Really, the only cast I don't like are the God Eater ones. Pretty lame and generic (much like their games!)

I've never played God(s) Eater Burst but the game so far leaves me wanting on these characters. Alisa is boring in this game (though the Crosspedia summary makes it seem like she might've been more interesting in the original game itself), Soma is also boring and interesting only when other people riff off his dourness, and Lindow sort of strikes me as being similar to Alisa, in so far as probably being much more interesting in his original game. Apparently Alisa is
bipolar or something, or struggles to cope with the trauma of her parents death, though that may have been "fixed" after learning about friendship and blah blah blah plot. I haven't seen her act or do anything emotionally extreme yet, but I guess impulsive talk is Blackrose's shtick.
I guess I don't outright hate them because I kinda like concepts in the series (the oversized weapons and their "devouring," post-apocalyptic scenario). The game seems markedly bleak too.

Seik

Banned
I'm now at chapter 7, damn this is good.

It felt good to see Reiji & Xiaomu appearing with their theme song as someone who played the hell out of NxC, thanks to the translation patch, without it I wouldn't have imported it.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Okays what am I doing wrong? Every time I bother ta look at an attack results screen I always see I've done 0 critical hits! I accidentally found out there is are options ta be adjusted and a way to review battle requirements during battle! Who's dumb idea was it ta make ya press the menu button twice to see the rest of the menu??

A kid with multiple personalities who plays "The World" shows up! Finally a cute addition to the force! Speaking of the force I wonder where the heck those EXA peeps are at.
Good ta have Ryu & Ken back for more of that SF music goodness!
Aura knows of Real Digitalization? Time & space really is messed up! If only Tokio were here... throw in the Fighting Vipers Tokio as well for some fun name confusion!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
19 for Chun Li/Morrigan.

Also when did Frank West's "Disembowel" become similar to Heidern (SNK)'s Storm Finger? lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What's ZOC? Keep finding it in the tutorials and popups but have no idea what it refers to, lol
*ZOC (Zone of Control)
Every unit is surrounded by an area called "ZOC" which covers one square around them. This area staggers the movement of opposing units

cj_iwakura

Reiji & Xiaomu's Multiple Attack in Namco X Capcom is boss.

Just got the .hack team. NxC Syndrome is kicking in already!
(Enemies & bosses = more HP, no boss ever, ever dies.)

Boss Doggie

Bosses can be easily curbed if you spam them quickly enough with your units.

Also WHY DID THEY REP GAIN GROUND BUT DO NOT HAVE CHARACTERS? WHAT THE FUCK BAMCO

Dereck

In Chapter 15, how am I supposed to catch up and kill the yellow guys before they reach the portal? Whenever I move I'm always one block short of being able to attack them. Is there an item that can increase how many blocks I can move/attack?

In Chapter 15, how am I supposed to catch up and kill the yellow guys before they reach the portal? Whenever I move I'm always one block short of being able to attack them. Is there an item that can increase how many blocks I can move/attack?
Some characters have Skills that allow them to move farther than normal; some can affect all your units. Use Skills.

One of the characters has a skill that increases the range of the blocks.

Boss Doggie

I'm really enjoying Chun Li/Morrigan. Also Vashyron pairs up well with them!

Some of your characters have +2 move skill, as well as +2 attack range. For me it was always Haken killing them.

Markun

So guys, who are your favorite duo?

My personal favorite is Team Gerica. Their attacks are really fun to see and I just love all of their conversation bits. It also helps that both of them were favorites of mine in their original games. Gameplay-wise, their attacks are really easy to both crit and cross hit with, and they're my fastest unit. They even outrun Leanne and Zephyr. They also synergize well with Ulala. Just save up 120% of your crossbar for your next turn and then next turn everyone in your army gets a free +2 move buff courtesy of Ulala right off the bat.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My absolute favorite so far is either Chun-Li/Morrigan or Kurt/Riela. Reiji and Xiaomu are up there. Especially when Brave New World plays :x

I love them all so far except for Kogoro/Mii. They're easy to pull combos with, but I just don't really like them.

Neki

Sakura/Ichiro is so awkward to use for me. I don't really like any of their skills. I get the most criticals from Chun/Morrigan and Ryu/Ken (their attacks flow well for me at least). dat street fighter synergy.

Noi

Just wanted to pop in and say that early game pairs like Frank/LeiLei not getting a 4th attack until level 17+ is utterly infuriating. Fuck, even Yuri and Estelle have one and they joined at 17!

GeekyDad

Curious about folks' experience with the 3D effect. I'm finding the effect kinda makes my eye muscles feel pulled uncomfortably, yet without it the game loses a lot of its excitement and flair, especially during battles, of course.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just wanted to pop in and say that early game pairs like Frank/LeiLei not getting a 4th attack until level 17+ is utterly infuriating. Fuck, even Yuri and Estelle have one and they joined at 17!
Ugh, I know. You even get a multiple attack learned before you get the 4th attack.

& damn, the chapter finished with my team split up, screwing up my unit set up.

So I just got the God Eater team. The joke about their name was pretty funny.

If I remember correctly they are called Gods Eaters in the English localization so as not to potentially attract the ire of religious folk, am I correct?

I'm pretty sure that was the reason for it.

Regardless they are pretty fun to use so far, and that Vajra's multi attack hurts!

TWILT

Banned
So guys, who are your favorite duo?

Dante and Demitri of course.
iTKF0tJ7MDjNY.gif

I also love Zephyr/Leanne, Chun-Li/Morrigan, Haken/Kaguya, X/Zero, Frank West/Hsien-Ko and Kurt/Riela.

Noi

I'm really digging the God(s) Eater team.

Them paired with Vashyron are by far my strongest unit in the game. Where I have to make an effort with other units to take out minions in one hit, that pairing so far yet to fight a minion and have it survive one attack, more so now that I have 4 attacks. Calling Vashyron right when Alisa is activating the mouth thing on her weapon on their left attack pretty much guarantees that Vashyron comes in and pops the enemy at the perfect height for all of his attacks (and he has a looooong support) and all of their attacks to hit, and that duo has a lot of A/B damage attacks. I have to hold back from using them and Dante/Demitri + Heihachi or else they'll wipe out the stage by themselves.

mjc

Whoa, so this game turned out to be pretty decent? I thought I heard the combat was kind of repetitive especially considering how long the game is. I'm considering picking a copy up after work if my Gamestop has it.

Boss Doggie

Whoa, so this game turned out to be pretty decent? I thought I heard the combat was kind of repetitive especially considering how long the game is. I'm considering picking a copy up after work if my Gamestop has it.

tbqh it's gonna feel repetitive if you play it for a long time. Doing it in short bursts is a good idea, like say a mission or two.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
tbqh it's gonna feel repetitive if you play it for a long time. Doing it in short bursts is a good idea, like say a mission or two.
Agreed. This is the type of game that's best played if you don't play it for a long period, otherwise the repetition starts to sink in.

& awesome, finally met Flynn & Devilotte. Also, Vashyron continues to humor me.
"Soma & Alisa, sittin' in a tree! Showin' each other their Ara-ga-mi!"
I should REALLY get back to Resonance of Fate.

Top Bottom