• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

cj_iwakura

Agreed. This is the type of game that's best played if you don't play it for a long period, otherwise the repetition starts to sink in.

& awesome, finally met Flynn & Devilotte. Also, Vashyron continues to humor me.
"Soma & Alisa, sittin' in a tree! Showin' each other their Ara-ga-mi!"
I should REALLY get back to Resonance of Fate.

You should. His forgotten lovers and fallen enemies outnumber the stars in the sky!
(And I really miss his fantastic dub.)

chrono01

I feel bad for those looking for the Limited Edition.

I just got back from Futureshop here in Edmonton [had to purchase a portable air-conditioner for the summer] and they had seven copies of the LE just sitting there.

I probably would have purchased an additional copy for myself [to keep sealed], but I already have two.

Maybe it's a location-based thing? I had no trouble finding it at EBGames either [that's where I got my second copy].

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tend to use XP for defending, though I'll sometimes use a skill for additional range for moving or attacking, depending how close I am to an enemy. I've got enough healing items that I don't need skills to get my HP back up.

Markun

Someone clue me into fixed height skills?

It makes any enemy rise as if they were a normal weight type enemy. So if you fight an enemy that's light weight, they won't go bouncing way up during an attack and make you miss. I find it really useful for lightweights because it's the only weight class that throws me off of my combos because of how freakin' high they go when you attack.

Anyone use any skills out side of healing ones?

I pretty much just use healing and counter nulling ones.

Late in the game every enemy has HP in the 5 digit range at the very least so I tend to use every skill in the arsenal, especially attack up and all parameters boost, so I can deal with them quickly. Luckily, almost everyone in the game will have learned something to up their damage by then.

Isaccard

Not to bring this up again but did we ever get a list of what songs were removed/edited?

I know Wing Wanderer was one of them and I've been enjoying it all day, but I'm curious about the others. The Ring a Bell remix is god awful though.

And why can't I recall the names of Reiji's and Saya's weapons? argh

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
World's Love, the theme from Shining Force EXA was removed. I know some others were mentioned in the thread. Let me look and see. I'll edit this post or make another one with the removed songs.

Removed songs (that we know so far):

- Wing Wanderer (main theme)
- World's Love (Shining Force EXA)
- Ring a Bell (Tales of Vesperia)
- VC3 Main Theme (not sure of the name)
- Over The Clouds (God/s Eater)
- Rocks (Super Robot Wars Original Generation on PS2)

Dereck

Agreed. This is the type of game that's best played if you don't play it for a long period, otherwise the repetition starts to sink in.
The game is repetitious, but what keeps me interested is the ability to switch up from <,v,>,^ combinations, leveling up, and solo/group support attack combos. Every one of them is different.

ohlawd

jeebus ch9 was long. I can see how things could be repetitive later lol.

Really hate how chapters start out with a reasonable amount of enemies then bosses come and bring a bajillion baddies with them. After that, the game has the nerve to announce "CHAPTER X: KINDA COOL SUBTITLE HERE"; basically the game's way of telling you "chump, that was just a warm up. The real chapter starts now."

Really hate how chapters start out with a reasonable amount of enemies then bosses come and bring a bajillion baddies with them. After that, the game has the nerve to announce "CHAPTER X: KINDA COOL SUBTITLE HERE"; basically the game's way of telling you "chump, that was just a warm up. The real chapter starts now."

its the classic SRW thing lol, but at least in SRW you can skip combat.

It doesn't help that you don't get much AOE abilities in this until I guess later? SRW games got a lot more enjoyable for me when they added chain attacks.

Dereck

lol

Expect more of that.

Isaccard

World's Love, the theme from Shining Force EXA was removed. I know some others were mentioned in the thread. Let me look and see. I'll edit this post or make another one with the removed songs.

Removed songs (that we know so far):

- Wing Wanderer (main theme)
- World's Love (Shining Force EXA)
- Ring a Bell (Tales of Vesperia)
- VC3 Main Theme (not sure of the name)
- Over The Clouds (God/s Eater)
- Rocks (Super Robot Wars Original Generation on PS2)

Thanks

This isn't much at all like SRW, or any traditional tactics game that doesn't have mini-games to resolve combat.

It's more like Devil Survivor with many more allies and enemies, and much simpler mechanics and mini-games.

I swear I'm hauling ass and I can't clear Ch 9, 10, 11, etc. shorter than 45-50 mins each. Mostly near-mindless drudgework mowing down grunts then beating up bosses (who are more or less grunts with more HP/damage). Up to Ch 12 w/ 6:30 on the save file clock.

ohlawd

Well, you know what to expect now. lol

This may be the last SRW-like game I'll ever play lol unless you run out and tell me that PxZ is the bottom of the barrel for SRW games.

I mean, it's fun but I'm only keeping my sanity cuz I haven't been playing it religiously; small doses here and there.

I gave up hope a loooong time ago.

Looking forward to the day I beat this game so I can shelve it forever.

... And occasionally whip it out so I can ogle Morrigan.

Edit: Don't give up, its going to look intimidating at first but you can get passed it. I was intimidated by seeing so many enemies but I got through it.

RangerBAD

This may be the last SRW-like game I'll ever play lol unless you run out and tell me that PxZ is the bottom of the barrel for SRW games.

I mean, it's fun but I'm only keeping my sanity cuz I haven't been playing it religiously; small doses here and there.

Nope, it's pretty normal. SRW have a lot of story arcs going on since they're trying to cover so many series. So villians reappear and many pop up per map.

GeekyDad

I'm liking this game. This is the game I go to when taking a break from new leaf. Lol

Yeah, I kinda feel like I'm cheating on New Leaf with this game, as I'm letting a lot of my chores go undone in my town.

As an aside, wow, at Vashyron's entrance. Some pretty raunchy double entendres.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just finished Chapter 24 and I hate how positions of units are fixed; it totally shafted a third of my units during that chapter.

xSL4INx

Can anyone give me some general advice on how to complete chapter 16? I'm having trouble completing the "you lose" condition
where you have to kill the 4 gold goblins before the reach the end of the map
. It's proving to be frustrating and I have no problem completing any other part of the level.

ohlawd

Flynn with his Range +2 to all units skill will help you out.

I think Ichiro has the skill too but he has to learn it first.

xSL4INx

Flynn with his Range +2 to all units skill will help you out.

I think Ichiro has the skill too but he has to learn it first.

See, I've been using haken's "sniping" ability to increase his range by 1 and pursue the enemies with him, but I'll definite try again using Flynn's ability as well.

He doesn't belong here and he didint belong in MvC3.

I...actually agree with both of these. All Phoenix Wright would have is an Objection speech bubble and evidence. I don't think it'd be good enough for all of the attacks he would need. Maybe as a solo unit he'd be good.

And MvC...I'm happy he's a playable character, but it just feels a little strange seeing as how Phoenix Wright has only been on Nintendo handhelds. Should've been in TvC instead.

Loona

He doesn't belong here and he didint belong in MvC3.

I'm no fan of Marvel, but I have to admire how they extracted a moveset out of him. I could see him working as an NPC or pure assist here, it would be fairer than the downgrading the likes of Valkyrie, Arthur and Heihachi got from their NxC solo unit selves.

LuuKyK

Fuck me. At the stage where you have to destroy the statues I totally forgot that the requirement was to destroy the five statues and not to defeat the boss. Destroyed the last one with the big boss and three enemies left. :((((((

I hate when things like this happen. I almost started it from the beginning but it would be one hour thrown in the trash, so I decided to carry one with the missed EXP. >_>

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do you guys use healing/XP items frequently?
I try to keep my healing items at max [20] so I try using them sparingly. There's usually enough enemies to balance my usage.
I only use XP items when I hit max; the only exception was one or two turn limited chapters for multi-attacks.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I only use XP skills that involve movement (like ZOC, range +2, and all that stuff). Occasionally stat buff. Never used it for healing since healing items are plentiful.

Top Bottom