• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

daoster

Who is expecting gamescom to have only one vita announcement along with killzone vita's gameplay and then being ignored again like e3?

Oh don't worry...the Gamescom floor will have a lot of Vita stuff....but since the majority of gamers won't be able to go to these conventions, Sony will be surprised that people didn't know about it...

Just like E3!

Sid

Doing panic moves in summer would be stupid anyway and for September and later they got some nice games planned so i don't see what they are supposed to do right now.

Even if they have price cut planned they can't tell it before 30 Aug as that would backstab sega and special Miku Limited edition sales.

I think they should offer a vita+mem card at $200 and a holiday bundle with lbp for the same price,announce it at gamescom and what exactly is this miku bundle you're talking about?

Oh don't worry...the Gamescom floor will have a lot of Vita stuff....but since the majority of gamers won't be able to go to these conventions, Sony will be surprised that people didn't know about it...

Just like E3!

Oh i meant the conference

Sid

They need sales for devs to support the thing.

But they need games to sell the hardware and i think the games with a potential of selling big are coming this fall:

Little big planet vita
Soul sacrifice(japan)
Ys:celceta(japan)
Assassin's Creed:Liberation
Cod Black Ops:Declassified

All of them need to be good though obviously and ofc they need to do a much bigger marketing push for vita

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
SO they will probably announce PSone support with the upcoming 1.8 Firmware next week. I really hope that Vita will support music playback when playing PSOne titles - grinding in those classic RPGs while being able to liste to a podcast would be nice. Its sucks that they couldnt implement it for PSP emulation.

Come on Sony.

btw. Bought Chinatown Wars for 4,99€ - looks and plays great on Vita :)

daoster

Doing panic moves in summer would be stupid anyway and for September and later they got some nice games planned so i don't see what they are supposed to do right now.

Well...show off some more nice games that are planned, and acknowledge the system exists at the Sony conference @ Gamescom would be a nice start.

Call of Duty. Not saying that it's going to suddenly turn the Vita's fortune around, but if it is indeed being worked on and released later this year, showing the game in a big way would help.

Oh i meant the conference

I know, I was being facetious

But they need games to sell the hardware and i think the games with a potential of selling big are coming this fall:

Little big planet vita
Soul sacrifice(japan)
Ys:celceta(japan)
Assassin's Creed:Liberation
Cod Black Ops:Declassified

All of them need to be good though obviously and ofc they need to do a much bigger marketing push for vita

Not showing Blops Declassified and not building hype is already making me worried. Thunder is gonna be stolen by Blops 2. I had high hopes for this, the holy grail of Vita.

Not showing Blops Declassified and not building hype is already making me worried. Thunder is gonna be stolen by Blops 2. I had high hopes for this, the holy grail of Vita.

You should be terrified about Declassified if you're looking forward to it. That game is due out in 3 months and we haven't seen a single piece of media for it. That's not normal on any level. And especially not for a game that had the potential to lift a struggling system.

Sony needs to go full on NEC with this. The PC Engine Super CD had a ton of borderline hentai games. Open up that flood gate and ambush Japan with some poontastic pussy power games. That'll hold it off for a year or so. Use that time to release real games.

Can you post some links? Interest rising...

Miku is going to be huge on Vita

Yup, Vita will sell llike 30K that week...then back to 10K the week later.

demigod

I think they should offer a vita+mem card at $200 and a holiday bundle with lbp for the same price,announce it at gamescom and what exactly is this miku bundle you're talking about

I highly doubt this will happen considering they took the memory card away from the Ass Creed bundle.

Jaffaboy

So GAF, I just picked up a vita after trading in a suitcase full of games in at GAME. Really impressed so far, it seems a shame that it isn't getting the love and support it deserves at the moment.

It was a bit of an impulse purchase as I wanted to get rid of a load of my collection before I head out to South Korea for a year, but I read somewhere (possibly on another forum) that the Korean PSN is closing or closed? Does anyone know if this will affect the way I use my UK PSN account, or the possibility of creating a Japanese account?

I'm looking forward to getting DJ Max and PSO2 but does anyone have any other recommendations for games in South Korea? I've also never owned a PSP so any there would be appreciated too!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
It just never fails to amaze me how global corporations continue hiring marketing departments that just cannot get their fucking message to the market.

This is GAF, and even then people are surprised when people show themselves playing awesome PS Mini's like Where is My Heart, followed by some real cream of the crop PSP titles, and then actual Vita games all on the same system.

There should be TV adverts just showing the shit-ton of content the system has access too, ideally alongside solid dates for JSR and Retro City Rampage on the device as well as PSOne support and of course COD Vita footage. Just really drive home the amount of absolute top quality games, especially at really quite budget prices, this thing can deliver in glorious OLED. Its a stunning device, but Sony is just not showing the world that.

Yeah theyre hard up for cash compared to before, but if they cant afford to go nuclear with advertising on a product dipping into "oh shit" territory, it kinda seems like they're totally fucked.

kikonawa

would it kill Sony to put some more info , pictures and preferably movies of the games they are
selling on PStore? especially psp and mini games.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Was this always $29.99? (and called the bonus edition?)

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OQTR1U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

yup

^ a post from last month.

Dunno if I should get that game for PS3 or Vita.

Both would be $30 since i used the 10$ discount from newegg.

I'd say wait till you see the Vita version in action first.

|ync

less then 50k... and no, i'm not kidding. sony better get his shit together

What's the source on the < 50k number? All I see is speculation on top of rumor on top of speculation. Not saying it's too far fetched, but usually if the source is reliable the number would be in the NPD OP.

Kazerei

Banned
What's the source on the < 50k number? All I see is speculation on top of rumor on top of speculation. Not saying it's too far fetched, but usually if the source is reliable the number would be in the NPD OP.

creamsugar

The source is reliable but unofficial

Elios83

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified info coming at Gamescom:)

http://www.gamerzines.com/playstation/black-declassified-coming-gamescom.html

It's safe to assume that SCEE is betting on three games to lift VIta sales during the next holiday season, namely FIFA 2013, COD: BOD, ACL.
It's possible that we'll get gameplay demos of all those games at the gamescom conference.
But people will be looking for new games announcements mostly anyway. So well I hope they have something new to show/announce. Gran Turismo Vita might be a good first party announcement if they're actually developing it as Yamauchi suggested, although it wouldn't be released until late 2013 or 2014 knowing PD :p

mauaus

It's safe to assume that SCEE is betting on three games to lift VIta sales during the next holiday season, namely FIFA 2013, COD: BOD, ACL.
It's possible that we'll get gameplay demos of all those games at the gamescom conference.
But people will be looking for new games announcements mostly anyway. So well I hope they have something new to show/announce. Gran Turismo Vita might be a good first party announcement if they're actually developing it as Yamauchi suggested, although it wouldn't be released until late 2013 or 2014 knowing PD :p

You missed Persona 4, i bet its gonna sell well

Oxn

I have come to the conclusion that Sony never intended for the Vita to be some sort of huge hit.

I think they are using it double dippers. Case in point releasing the same game thats on PS3 but a month later, like JSR.

Sid

There is one big vita game tba at gamescom and i think scee will be banking upon lbp vita for this fall for high sales

Elios83

You missed Persona 4, i bet its gonna sell well

I'm waiting for P4 much more than the other games combined :p but that's a niche JRPG with a decent fanbase. It's not going to do much for Vita sales in the west sadly.
Sony needs other games, what they did with Uncharted, they have to do it with Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Elder's Scrolls, God of War.

There is one big vita game tba at gamescom and i think scee will be banking upon lbp vita for this fall for high sales

LBP has never become a big seller, we can't say that it helped the PS3 when that system was struggling. I don't think that things will change for the Vita iteration. Still it will be welcome to those who like the series.

Sid

I have come to the conclusion that Sony never intended for the Vita to be some sort of huge hit.

I think they are using it double dippers. Case in point releasing the same game thats on PS3 but a month later, like JSR.

Ugh that's sega and i disagree with your 'conclusion' if that was the case sony wouldn't have published any exclusive title for it like lbp vita,soul sacrifice or even secure exclusives like cod or ac:l

Sid

LBP has never become a big seller, we can't say that it helped the PS3 when that system was struggling. I don't think that things will change for the Vita iteration. Still it will be welcome to those who like the series.
The first one sold 4.5 million copies for the ps3 and since lbp vita's beta was awesome vita would do better after it's launched imo,though you're right it won't be a big system seller but hopefully it's reputation would allow vita to sell much more than what it's doing now

tzare

It just never fails to amaze me how global corporations continue hiring marketing departments that just cannot get their fucking message to the market.

This is GAF, and even then people are surprised when people show themselves playing awesome PS Mini's like Where is My Heart, followed by some real cream of the crop PSP titles, and then actual Vita games all on the same system.

There should be TV adverts just showing the shit-ton of content the system has access too, ideally alongside solid dates for JSR and Retro City Rampage on the device as well as PSOne support and of course COD Vita footage. Just really drive home the amount of absolute top quality games, especially at really quite budget prices, this thing can deliver in glorious OLED. Its a stunning device, but Sony is just not showing the world that.

Yeah theyre hard up for cash compared to before, but if they cant afford to go nuclear with advertising on a product dipping into "oh shit" territory, it kinda seems like they're totally fucked.

if i was sony i would add trophy support for psone/minis/psp games somehow. Maybe that would add extra value to them and also would feel like proper vita games. Not that should be that important but like it or not achievements/trophies are something many people seem to care these days.

Vossler

Managed to get my screen protector on with only one dust particle on it. Feel much better now, as I am super scared of scratching screens like this. Also, I like the feel of the HORI silicone case, makes me feel like the vita won't slip out of my hands.

MGS2 trophies begin tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom