• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasec

Youtube just finished processing it and it tells me rejected due to length -_- will re-record it properly and try and make it shorter by 11 minutes tomorrow. I'm not sure how watchable it is, but great to play so no sweat re-recording.

No problem. A little wait doesn't kill. XP

OmegaZero

iBmth.jpg

Bam.
Vita backlog basically finished.

Is the new Blazblue coming to Vita?

Roubjon

Butts. I just bought Sound Shapes, and It's downloading now. I'm really loving the Vita so far: Disgaea 3 is fun as hell and Gravity Rush is fantastic. I bet some of my joy is coming from the system itself though; I can't get over how nice it is. The buttons are clicky, the screen is juicy, and it's weight is perfect.

how is BlazBlue on Vita?
\

It is outstanding, it has a lengthy story mode ( a lot of text kind of like a visual novel with some voice acting too, multiple story paths for characters also) It's got a robust tutorial mode that will teach you all the systems at play in the game, challenges for each character, Abyss mode where you can level up a fighter and use items to enhance your abilities as you try to make your way to level 99 or 999 I forget how far it goes.

Graphics are solid, full 3d backgrounds, clean crisp sprites, precise controls, just like the Ps3 version the netplay (real online not ad-hoc...though it has ad-hoc too) is smooth as butter (though there are less people playing online now a days of course)

And if you don't feel like learning a bunch of combos you can use "Stylish Mode" which lets you auto combo with just a few buttons (can use this online too)

Score attack, tons of unlockables like art, colors, music, voices. I bought it just because I was interested in how the online played it since been my most played Vita game. It's just easy to pick up do a few online fights and move on. Oh and online mode has lobbys, voice chat built in, and team battles.

Basically its a lot of game for the price. Oh and the music kicks ass.

Bam.
Vita backlog basically finished.

Is the new Blazblue coming to Vita?

Congrats! No idea about the new BB but I hope so!

Also, I was really, really happy with the Vita coverage at Gamescom, obviously CoD vita was hilariously bad but Killzone vita looks AMAZING! Finally Sony is getting someone in house to flex their muscles and make a true shooter on Vita. I also hope Puppeteer comes to Vita eventually, I'll get it either way but it looks like it'd be perfect on Vita. Now I'm just debating on whether to get All-Stars on Vita or PS3, because I dunno which I want the digital version on..

So, NFS Most Wanted (AKA Burnout Paradise 2) will be similar to the PS3 version. YES.

And Rasec, buy Lumines already. The best skins in this game is Good Girl, Disco Infiltrator and Acajou.

Wait so... it really will be open world like Burnout Paradise, and it'll be on Vita? Oh... oh dear god. All productivity will be gone ._.

patsu

Oh yes, before I forget again. If you live in the Bay Area, the SonyStyle in ValleyFair Mall (opposite Santana Rows) is moving. They have deep discount for open items. You can grab some good stuff there. I saw the $99 wireless headset going for $49.

The new SonyStyle will be closer to the Apple and MS Store in front. ^_^

yeah.it's Burnout Paradise with licensed cars and cop chases.

YES! Such good news :)

I've never played a NFS game but open world on Vita...it's calling me

Hell YES! Between this and AC: Liberation, I think we've got a seriously awesome Vita lineup for the coming months. The newer trailer for Liberation looked a lot more promising (except for that boat ride part, god the water looked terrible) but it did look really solid and like a true AC game.

I have complete faith in Criterion by how much the Burnout games have eaten away at my social life/work ethic so.. UGH now I'm going to just think about those and All-Stars, basically my three main games for this fall/winter.

Quick edit:

I'm pretty sure it's only the PS3 version that gives the offer, so that will make your decision much easier.

Ah thank you for clarifying that. I didn't see that fine print in the blog or w/e, in that case I'll just cancel my Vita preorder, although I'd rather have digital on my PS3 and a card for my Vita :\ Still definitely going to take advantage of it!

Skyzard

Banned
They've showed it to the press, who seem to be pleased, and Criterion are saying that everything that is in the "TV versions" is in the Vita game.

That's what I mean..it is coming out soon, you'd think they'd want some hype for it? Nothing builds hype and sells a game better these days then good gameplay footage.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Skyzard

Banned
I really don't think SEGA can afford giving free games :(

SEGA is dying and have money issues ya know and I think will be the last one to join Cross buy program.

If it had cross-play it would help it be a huge family karting game...might really take it off. Cross-buy would still be essential for that but would help them overall considering it's digital surely.

darkwing

MK 100%. I don't know why the other guy said it's not. It's a lot more simple to learn than BB. The single player aspect (story mode, challenge towers) is also a lot better.

MK is still full priced on the PSN though :|

anyways Motorstorm RC is wicked fun, I don't know why people keep on saying Vita haz no games

Ah shit. Was ready to scratch this off my list. But fuckit I'll support anything Crit works on.
Now I'm kinda hoping that 'Buy 1 Get 2' deal thing is real. In all honesty though, I'll buy it on Vita, but if the deal is there I might as well go the extra mile

I'd agree, but I cannot until I see actual gameplay to confirm the efforts are solid.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
isn't guacamelee a 2d side scroller? how could the Vita be used as a special controller?

well for now it will just show the map on the Vita screen when playing on PS3using Vita as the controller, but the dev are hoping to add more features to it.

We're integrating the Vita as a PS3 controller for Guacamelee, utilizing the Vita screen for a mini-map, and hopefully more,

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/11/guacamelee-has-expanded-vita-controller-functionality/

there was a trailer i believe

EDIT: Isnt their a vita version of it releasing also?

Yes it's also buy 1 get 2 PSN title.

patsu

I kinda hate Sound Shape a bit because my son is bugging me every half an hour to play it. I miss the days where I'm the only one playing my Vita. 8^(

Are there any games coming out in Aug/Sept?

Most of the games I have preorder are like october/november

RO = Oct
P4G = Nov
Zero Escape = Oct
AC3: Lib = Oct
PSAR = Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom