• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did I hold off from buying FFIV for so long? It's damn perfect on the Vita.

Apart from looking sharp, it also has a fantastic pace about it. I had forgotten just how quickly it dives into things.

Yes! FFIV has always been my favorite FF. It gets right to the point and hooks you early. I wish I had bought the digital version, but I really wanted those Dissidia costumes. I may have to double dip, because it looks sexy on the Vita.

Skyzard

Banned
Everything looks better on the vita

Just watching the RCR trailer again..noticed you can jump on police heads (mario style) and then pick them up to throw them while they are temporarily stunned. Awesome. Hope it is packed with a whole bunch of toggleabble cheats.

billsmugs

Sorry if this has been asked before but are saved games for UMD PSP games compatible with the digital versions on the Vita store? I'm specifically thinking about Trails in the Sky, as it's on sale on the EU store and I stopped playing the PSP version before I'd finished due to the Vita coming out. If it makes any difference, the PSP and Vita have different PSN acconts on them.

Takao

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before but are saved games for UMD PSP games compatible with the digital versions on the Vita store? I'm specifically thinking about Trails in the Sky, as it's on sale on the EU store and I stopped playing the PSP version before I'd finished due to the Vita coming out. If it makes any difference, the PSP and Vita have different PSN acconts on them.

Yes, follow these instructions.

billsmugs

Yes, follow these instructions.
Thanks, does this definitely work with saves from the UMD version? (I know some PS3 games don't have save file compatibility across disc and download versions).

If this will work then all I have to do is decide whether to pay £13.99 for a game I already own and could easily play on my PSP anyway :D

alterno69

Banned
Any chance Madden 13 will fix the framerate in the final release? The game looks great but the framerate is awful during cutscenes and it ruins the game for me :(

Any chance Madden 13 will fix the framerate in the final release? The game looks great but the framerate is awful during cutscenes and it ruins the game for me :(

After reading some reviews on it, nope they didn't fix it. The Vita version was half assed, like everyone expected.

Highly unlikely... the Gamesradar review talked about it being present. But why do the cutscenes bother ya? It's smooth during gameplay, which is obviously what matters.

Carl

Everything looks better on the vita

Just watching the RCR trailer again..noticed you can jump on police heads (mario style) and then pick them up to throw them while they are temporarily stunned. Awesome. Hope it is packed with a whole bunch of toggleabble cheats.

Really can't wait for RCR. Will play mostly on my Vita, but it's cool to get PS3 version too. just wish they would hurry up and release it :'(.

smr00

Banned
Does any store give decent trade in on the Vita?

Turns out friend doesn't want it and i have literally been trying to sell just the Vita w/ 16gb memory card for $150 on craigslist for a month. Am i crazy or is $150 a fan-fucking-tastic deal? Machine is literally in perfect condition.

Massa

Yea. Shitty. FIFA vita managed fine on its first go, madden had plenty of time, they just don't care.

It's not that they "don't care". Unlike Madden, FIFA was ported to the PC back in 2010 and they significantly optimized the engine then.

EA should have simply cut the cutscenes from the game, like MLB did. Business wise it probably would have made more sense for them to simply port the iOS version.

Turns out friend doesn't want it and i have literally been trying to sell just the Vita w/ 16gb memory card for $150 on craigslist for a month. Am i crazy or is $150 a fan-fucking-tastic deal? Machine is literally in perfect condition.

Try the GAF thread.

Skyzard

Banned

The world has gone mad. Or really broke.

magawolaz

My first reaction (after reading that) was fuck yeah, Takao....but the cynic in me sees a problem:

"from" Aug 28th...not "on". I think (worry) they are just being too sneaky for their own good. Definitely going to be checking out the blog comments on the 28th lol.
Yeah, no way we are getting 100+ titles on day-one.
They'll probably release ~10 a week or so.

Vitacat

Why sell it at all?

You liked it enough to buy it, why not stick it out now? Some great stuff is coming.

3 days left.

HNHgH.gif

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Massa said:
Business wise it probably would have made more sense for them to simply port the iOS version.
You mean a port of the PS2 version? Sony would never let that get into the launch lineup. Pushing it at this point might be a different story, but they already spent the work porting so what'd be the point now...

zroid

Banned

That is really sad :/

But if you tried selling it on GAF, you would probably not have much trouble.

P90

Quick question:
The manual does not shed light on this. My 16 GB card is filling up fast. If I delete content on my vita I have purchased and downloaded from PSN. Can I re-download the content again, granted I have done a proper back up? Thx.

kiyomi

Quick question:
The manual does not shed light on this. My 16 GB card is filling up fast. If I delete content on my vita I have purchased and downloaded from PSN. Can I re-download the content again, granted I have done a proper back up? Thx.

Yes. If you haven't done the backup though, you will lose your saves when you delete the bubbles and you will have no way of bringing them back.

Famassu

Quick question:
Umm... If you do a backup, then you can just move the backup back from PC or PS3 to your Vita (and maintain your game saves that way) instead of downloading the game again.

Takao

Banned
Quick question:

Games, and DLC can be deleted and downloaded as many times as you want without needing a back up. Just be aware that any games you downloaded from PSN and delete will also remove their save data. Unless you do an entire backup, or follow this guide to transfer the saves to your PC.

Famassu

Games, and DLC can be deleted and downloaded as many times as you want without needing a back up. Just be aware that any games you downloaded from PSN and delete will also remove their save data. Unless you do an entire backup, or follow this guide to transfer the saves to your PC.
With the exception of PSP games and, hopefully, PS1 games (though, we don't know that yet, hopefully Sony ain't stupid).

P90

Thanks. I should be in good shape now.

Agent X

Thanks, does this definitely work with saves from the UMD version? (I know some PS3 games don't have save file compatibility across disc and download versions).

If this will work then all I have to do is decide whether to pay £13.99 for a game I already own and could easily play on my PSP anyway :D

I can't confirm that it works with all PSP games, but I can confirm that it works with Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. I had the game on PSP for several years, and recently decided to buy the downloadable version of the game for my Vita. I transferred the save file from my PSP to my PS3, and then from my PS3 to my Vita.

spannicus

Final box art for AC3:L is out and funny it does not say Only on PlayStation. Im thinking Liberation wont be exclusive to Vita. If not I wonder who is making all the decisions when it comes to Vita.

Takao

Banned
Final box art for AC3:L is out and funny it does not say Only on PlayStation. Im thinking Liberation wont be exclusive to Vita. If not I wonder who is making all the decisions when it comes to Vita.

Lumines: Electronic Symphony also lacks the tag and it hasn't been on any non-Vita platforms. Though, Ubisoft said they'd port their handheld games to mobile ...

Worth saying that the 'Only on PlayStation' thing isn't as prevalent on UK/EU boxart as it seems in the States. For example, the original boxart for Liberation that this replaces didn't: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00844S7RC/

Guess its just Ubisoft being Ubisoft and keeping their options open.

Yeah, I don't believe the "Only on Playstation" tag is on the UK/EU boxart while it exists on the NA version. I don't think lacking a tag means much.

EDIT: Pics.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've got some credit left over on the Japanese store...anyone know of good stuff that can only be found there, that's kind of language-proof?

I've already got stuff like Gitaroo Man, Pixel junk Monsters, Last Ranker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom