• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yopis

Only plat is Gravity Rush. Wont be long for Uncharted. Dont think I will ever get Mgs2 plat. Game is still great after all these years.

Everyone should get Alundra if it's one of the working PS1 Classics. One of the best PS1 games and a better Zelda than most Zelda games (imho, only ALTTP, MM and maybe LA are on par or only a little better).

I've been so close to grabbing that, that and the Arc the Lad games.

Famassu

I've been so close to grabbing that, that and the Arc the Lad games.
The Arc the Lad trilogy is worth buying as well. The first game is kind of a basic SRPG and it won't blow your mind or anything, but it should be played because you can unlock some cool new story stuff in the second game by completing its extra dungeon. The second game is the highlight of the trilogy, but III is good as well.

Definitely get Alundra! I remember buying it when it first came out and pouring 50+ hours into it with no strategy guide. Fiendishly hard puzzles that are so satisfying once you solve them. The story/premise is great too!
People's nightmares are the dungeons!

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The Arc the Lad trilogy is worth buying as well. The first game is kind of a basic SRPG and it won't blow your mind or anything, but it should be played because you can unlock some cool new story stuff in the second game by completing its extra dungeon. The second game is the highlight of the trilogy, but III is good as well.

Weren't a fan of Twilight of the Spirits?

patsu

Yeah, I thought that when they first started... then I played Infamous; first platinum trophy there and now I'm at 50+ and no signs of stopping.

Ha ha, It's just me. I have zero interest in trophies. 8^P

Just found out Samsung got their collective *sses handed back to them by Apple today. At least Sony tries to innovate. They should focus on Vita (and VitaOS) to complement iOS and Android.

Famassu

Weren't a fan of Twilight of the Spirits?
I've only played it once when I was younger (unlike the PS1 trilogy, which I've replayed a couple of times) when it was released so I'm not 100% certain what my opinion would be of it if I played it today, but I remember it being decent. Not on par with II & III, but still a game I enjoyed playing. Still, I don't remember it having anything to do with the PS1 trilogy, so I didn't bring it up.

End of Darkness, though... :/

Squire

Banned
Quick question: You guys know how the Vita doesn't seperate game data and save data for downloaded Vita games?

When you transfer a Vita gsme to your PS3, it should be the same right? Like, if you transfer to PS3 then transfer back to Vita, will your saves be in tact?

Achievements and trophies in general? If you say "just trophies", you're dead to me. :p

Quick question: You guys know how the Vita doesn't seperate game data and save data for downloaded Vita games?

When you transfer a Vita gsme to your PS3, it should be the same right? Like, if you transfer to PS3 then transfer back to Vita, will your saves be in tact?

It is if you transfer to PC, not sure about PS3.

Any idea when Wipeout will drop to MSRP price on PSN? Fucking Sony.

Never. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I don't go crazy over trophies, but I always feel good when I earn one.

Until I look at my trophy completion after I finished a game and discover that it's at 27% and feel absolutely horrible.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
If Sony won't give the Vita a price cut, they at least need to drop the memory card prices. I'm dreading Tuesday since I don't have any space for PS1 games, and I'm not going to buy a 32 GB card for half the price of a 3DS XL.

STATUS UPDATE: I have 10 gold trophies, not 5. Silly me.
i hat eyou

Smart enough to get along but tired enough to be considered dumb. It'll make sense later
This will never make sense ever.

patsu

Achievements and trophies in general? If you say "just trophies", you're dead to me. :p

I have never seen an Achievement in my life. ^_^

I don't go crazy over trophies, but I always feel good when I earn one.

Until I look at my trophy completion after I finished a game and discover that it's at 27% and feel absolutely horrible.

Ha ha, I know what you mean. When I saw my trophies for a game, I always wonder if I had completed the game or not.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
My current Vita Trophy list:

Sound Shapes - 100%
Touch My Katamari - 100%
Welcome Park - 100%
Virtua Tennis 4 - 81%
Motorstorm RC - 78% (have Plat)
Uncharted: GA - 72%
Tales From Space: MBA - 60%
Ridge Racer - 21%
Super Stardust Delta - 20%
Pinball Arcade - 20%
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz - 14%
Hustle Kings - 14%
Unit 13 - 12%
Shinobido 2 - 7%
Army Corps of Hell - 7%
Hot Shots Golf: WI - 5%
Rayman Origins - 2%
Lumines ES - 0%

biggest question is why Lumines is still at $35.99
Indeed. I'd buy it digitally for $19.99 in a heartbeat.

Okay, cool. Transferring to PC now. Thanks a lot for the help.
You can remove the game data if you want to save space, but you'll have to back up and replace the save stuff before restoring to get the save back on the Vita. There should be details in the OP (a linked post, I think).

If Sony won't give the Vita a price cut, they at least need to drop the memory card prices. I'm dreading Tuesday since I don't have any space for PS1 games, and I'm not going to buy a 32 GB card for half the price of a 3DS XL.

Where can I get a 3DS XL for $160?!

i hat eyou

This will never make sense ever.
vkYAY.jpg

I hope it doesn't. That shitty re-make doesn't need to be on the Vita. Just bring THPS2 as a PS1 title. Hell just releasing the PSP version of THUG 2 Remix would be fine as well.
It really is shitty. I was actually looking forward to it but the trial really turned me off. It crushed me since I grew up playing the series. =(

patsu

Inorigo said:

It is if you transfer to PC, not sure about PS3.

Should be the same for PS3. The save data and game data will be copied to PS3, PC or Mac via the Content Manager Assistant.

olimpia84

I only have one platinum trophy for the Vita so far (Gravity Rush). None of my other games are even close to %100 but I think I'll shoot for Rayman's platinum next.

Just bought Gravity Rush today. Wow, this game is awesome! I love doing the challenges over and over again going for that gold medal... being all stubborn and being like "No I can totally get the gold medal without upgrading this skill!" and then keep doing it for like half an hour until I finally get it. Story is interesting so far (just finished the fourth mission). The gameplay is refreshing. I bought all the DLC so I have lots of game left and I'm sure I'll enjoy every minute of it

JoshHood

Hey VitaGAF! Long time lurker, rare poster, but thought I'd properly introduce myself!

Love my Vita dearly, very much looking forward to Need for Speed, have LittleBigPlanet all paid off with some Amazon trade-in credit, and waiting on all the sweet PSN games that got announced ahead of E3!

Have Unit 13, WipEout, Little Deviants, Rayman, ModNation, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Katamari, Sound Shapes, MotorStorm, Mutant Blobs, PvZ, Escape Plan, Super Stardust, and a bunch of PSP games and minis all crammed onto my 16GB.

Feel free to add me on PSN (my ID is the same as my username here, JoshHood) - I think I have one Vita-friend on PSN, so my near/activity/whatevs is pretty sparse :D

Hey VitaGAF! Long time lurker, rare poster, but thought I'd properly introduce myself!

Love my Vita dearly, very much looking forward to Need for Speed, have LittleBigPlanet all paid off with some Amazon trade-in credit, and waiting on all the sweet PSN games that got announced ahead of E3!

Have Unit 13, WipEout, Little Deviants, Rayman, ModNation, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Katamari, Sound Shapes, MotorStorm, Mutant Blobs, PvZ, Escape Plan, Super Stardust, and a bunch of PSP games and minis all crammed onto my 16GB.

Feel free to add me on PSN (my ID is the same as my username here, JoshHood) - I think I have one Vita-friend on PSN, so my near/activity/whatevs is pretty sparse :D

Welcome aboardm you can add me PSN same as GAF ID.
Glad to see more and more people enjoying the vita : ) best handheld in the market hands down.

demigod

If anyone still looking to buy a Vita, you can preorder the Madden Bundle at Lockerz for $209.99 with 2000ptz(just watch their movie clips).

Or get it at Best Buy when it releases for $249 and get a $50 giftcard so you can spend on a decent sized memory card, but BB charges tax.

Vitacat

I hope it doesn't. That shitty re-make doesn't need to be on the Vita. Just bring THPS2 as a PS1 title. Hell just releasing the PSP version of THUG 2 Remix would be fine as well.

I had no idea THPS HD wasn't good. I know almost nothing about it. Too bad.

I loved THUG2R on PSP, so yeah, that would be great to have.

Would really like to see a new TH fully using the Vita's graphics capabilities, but they'd probably screw it up. So I guess the PSP game is the best hope right now.

Kazzy

Why did I hold off from buying FFIV for so long? It's damn perfect on the Vita.

Apart from looking sharp, it also has a fantastic pace about it. I had forgotten just how quickly it dives into things.

Ponn

Banned
If Sony won't give the Vita a price cut, they at least need to drop the memory card prices. I'm dreading Tuesday since I don't have any space for PS1 games, and I'm not going to buy a 32 GB card for half the price of a 3DS Xl.

Same boat. Its not that im ever going to be able to play that many games at once but my ocd wants to see all the icons on my vita and be comforted they are there if i want to play them. It also would be less of a problem if transferring from ps3 or pc wasnt so excuciatingly long. Ill make do with my 16gb for now, goodbye Gravity Rush and Hot Shots Golf, hello Xenogears and FFVII and VIII.

So I started persona 3 portable last night.... Damn this seems really good. I was going to wait till I completed TitS but after 20 hours I find the gameplay pretty good (battle and skill system) but the story and dialIgue just a bit of a snooze fest. P3P has grabbed me pretty quickly and I'm finding it pretty interesting. Will have to put TitS on hold for a while and play this instead.

Ran rp

My Vita trophy list:

Gravity Rush: 46%
Metal Gear Solid 2: 32%
Touch My Katamari: 30%
Metal Gear Solid 3: 21%
Welcome Park: 21%
Uncharted: Golden Abyss: 20%
WipEout 2048: 13%
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational 4%
Motorstom RC: 3%

Trophy hunting's for suckas.

SHarris78

Really looking forward to LBP Vita. However, i've recently bought a PS3 and really want to get LBP2. Would it be better to wait and play though the Vita version first? Would playing through LBP2 beforehand take away anything from the Vita experience?

Really looking forward to LBP Vita. However, i've recently bought a PS3 and really want to get LBP2. Would it be better to wait and play though the Vita version first? Would playing through LBP2 beforehand take away anything from the Vita experience?

Well if you play through lbp2, the costumes you unlock will also unlock in lbp vita.

On the flipside, it wont be as fresh as an experience.

fernoca

Any Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 retail-deals? Itching to buy it today but I don't want to end buying it so that tomorrow is on sale or something. :p

SHarris78

I bought a retail copy of Wipeout 2048 a while back and have bought the 2 DLC packs. Does that mean i can download Wipeout HD for my PS3 for free, or is it just the DLC that applies to?

Grinchy

Banned

For me, I had played the crap out of LBP1 and LBP2 before trying the LBPVita beta, and I still came away impressed and hyped for it. I really like using the editor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom