• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some credit left over on the Japanese store...anyone know of good stuff that can only be found there, that's kind of language-proof?

There's some PS1 fighters that are exclusive to there still, like Ehrgeiz and Rival Schools and whatnot.

EDIT: Funny story about Rival Schools I found while looking it up just now, Sven said it would never hit PSN due to "... IP clearances and rights we no longer have...". Guess that turned out false(at least in Japan), too.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If you have enough money left grab Dokuro. It's fully in English.
I've heard of that one, any chance of it coming to the US at all?

Goldrusher

It's an 18? Are the other ACs?
No, but then they were 15's under the BBFC and PEGI is often stricter. Won't be surprised if PEGI give AC3 an 18.

51VAmtj8HsL._SL300_.jpg
51xkV5f-d0L._SL300_.jpg
61z6EGP9iKL._SL300_.jpg
51xMJ-btteL._SL300_.jpg
51RFztsYhQL._SL300_.jpg

JoshHood

Haha, all my AC's have the BBFC 15, never actually knew the PEGI rating. Really don't like that PEGI has all the power over ratings in the UK now, seeing as they are almost always stricter.

Yeah, just looked on my shelf, and they all have a BBFC 15 on the box rather than that PEGI 18. I think they might all be the European boxarts (3 even has French on it), whereas BBFC was always UK only.

Is anyone else saddened by the recent news that MH is coming to iOS and droid? Blech... talk about a total letdown :( I would've been happy if it was on ANYTHING other than those, in the West.

Sven is full of shit.

He usually is. :lol

Beat me to it. Also, I'm still mad that Pocket Fighters won't play on PSP in the US, but will if you get the Japanese version. Stay classy Capcom.
Shit. I forgot that Pocket Fighter doesn't work on PSP. I so hope it's Vita compatible...

In Sven's defense about Rival Schools, apparently it was a pain to get the game up in Japan.
Good to know that. Shows that they tried hard to get it up, at the very least.

billsmugs

Just thought I'd update and say that my UMD save for Trails in the Sky works perfectly, thanks to everyone for the help. The only problem now is that I can't remember everything that happened up to the point I'm at now! (Start of Chapter 2) It's mostly coming back to me though, but if anyone knows where I can find a synopsis of the first two chapters that won't spoil the rest of the game that would be great lol.

Mondriaan

Just thought I'd update and say that my UMD save for Trails in the Sky works perfectly, thanks to everyone for the help. The only problem now is that I can't remember everything that happened up to the point I'm at now! (Start of Chapter 2) It's mostly coming back to me though, but if anyone knows where I can find a synopsis of the first two chapters that won't spoil the rest of the game that would be great lol.
IIRC the game has a built-in event log/notebook where whatsherface keeps track of things like quests and what your party is trying to do at the moment.

IIRC the game has a built-in event log/notebook where whatsherface keeps track of things like quests and what your party is trying to do at the moment.

Yeah just read the journal. Hold triangle and press the corresponding direction. Although I doubt anything to interesting happened.

I'm in chapter 2 and about 18 hours in. Does it get more interesting because there is so much text that leads no where in this. I love the orbment system and the combat mechanic but I'm finding it hard to keep playing.

GopherD

Yeah just read the journal. Hold triangle and press the corresponding direction. Although I doubt anything to interesting happened.

I'm in chapter 2 and about 18 hours in. Does it get more interesting because there is so much text that leads no where in this. I love the orbment system and the combat mechanic but I'm finding it hard to keep playing.
Grit your teeth and keep playing. You are not too far away from the story and game getting really good.

Skyzard

Banned
That SNK shmup "the next space" has pretty decent gameplay. 2 quid.

Also picked up jelly car 2 but will wait for a price drop for these, perhaps in christmas:

Stellar Attack 2.50
Cubixx 2.40
TrailBlazer 2.99
Enigmo 2.50
age of zombies 3.99
Aero Racer 3.99

Might get tempted to snag enigmo and stellar attack soon, as they looked pretty fun on youtube - barely have enough space for the minis though :/ Got to lose one of the GTAs...
--anyone play gravity crash on psp? From the screenshots it looks like pixeljunk shooter which was great fun...any opinions on it?

Mondriaan

I never felt that it got any more engaging, but your mileage may vary.

'Course, you won't know if it gets more interesting for you without slogging through it.

Skyzard

Banned

Vitacat

That's good news.

Vita with game and card for 249 is an excellent value. Should bring a bunch of new Vita owners on board.

I suspect that AC bundle will sell pretty well, especially if the game is good.

I've had to delete stuff on my 32GB card.

:feelsbadman

I'm not that far yet, but I see the worry. And I don't own a single "retail" game digitally. I've used 7gb or so and I don't even have any movies or photos and the like.

I'm barely getting by with my 16GB :(

I can imagine. Everyone will feel the crunch as PSOne games start migrating to people's memory cards.

ive survived fine with a 4 since day1 feb

Well I have a 4gb and I'm doing pretty ok so far. I don't use it much for media and I buy most games as physical copies.

But yea i know what you mean but hey, better than nothing :p

I suppose if it doesn't move the price point up at all, yes it is better than nothing. But it's still kind of bogus -- I mean, at that point, I'd rather buy a cheaper bundle or Vita only without one and put the difference toward a bigger card.

Yeah..you guys must really not care for digital?

My 16gb is really struggling, considering getting a second from shopto (20 quid atm iirc) if it wasn't for the issues with swapping..

Either that or they don't care about games for PSP, PSN, PSOne, etc.
Having never had a PSP and seeing some of the quality titles, I can't imagine not owning at least one or two of the titles that have been on sale that I picked up. The games I've gotten from PSN (Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack [finished, deleted], Super Stardust Delta, Motorstorm RC, Sound Shapes) have all been worth it. And some of the classics that I'm going to assume support for are just dying to have a home on my card. If SCEA had better sales, I'd be even worse off space wise, as I'm still eyeballing the Castlevania game for PSP and I'd love to get Lumines digitally (UMvC3 too). And I'm already sitting at like 20gb left on my card.

4gb is fine as long as you don't want many videos on your vita, and don't buy digitally.

I however want lots of videos on mine, so my 8gb is barely getting me by.

Even with no videos, you're going to find it tough depending on the games you like to play? Want to play anything that's PSN only? Want to download the WipEout 2048 content? Have a couple PSP games you always wanted to play? Have fun fitting the majority of that on a 4gb card.

I've been getting by sorta fine with my 16GB, but I do have a 4GB I got for free at launch as backup juuuust in case I need space.

If switching cards wasn't a hassle, maybe this wouldn't be so bad. :\

Is there a full list of PS1 games that are available on PSN?

Google "list of PSOne games PSN wiki" or something like that...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSone_Classics_A–M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSone_Classics_N–Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom