• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a 6/10 "creamage"? Now if it got below a 5... then I'd agree with that. It got "averaged".
Besides, IGN gave God Hand a 3/10; we remember that, don't we? :lol

Well 6.0 is very low when you consider Silent Hills Collection 360 got a 9.0, you know the game Konami apologized for by offering a free game.

PS2 classics on Vita, please! So many good games on there. Playing Shinobi on the go would be glorious.
I'd forgive not getting all the recent and upcoming amazing fighting games like DOA5 and TTT2 if we at least got VF4, SC3, DOA2, CvS2 *drool*

Damn you for putting this dream in my head! :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
UPS tracking updated, my Vita is all set to arrive tomorrow. Excited yet apprehensive about the screen. But I'm hoping for the best.

Also preordered the limited/special editions of Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey on Amazon. I almost never buy such things, but I want Vita to do well, and both games look pretty great.

Gooble Gobble we accept him/her, One of us!

VanWinkle

UPS tracking updated, my Vita is all set to arrive tomorrow. Excited yet apprehensive about the screen. But I'm hoping for the best.

Also preordered the limited/special editions of Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey on Amazon. I almost never buy such things, but I want Vita to do well, and both games look pretty great.

You have nothing to worry about with the screen. When you're in a dark environment you are likely to see splotches on a black screen (which, to me, is less intrusive than the bright backlights on black screens with LCDs). If you're in a sufficiently lit room, it will appear black, as it should.

You have nothing to worry about with the screen. When you're in a dark environment you are likely to see splotches on a black screen (which, to me, is less intrusive than the bright backlights on black screens with LCDs). If you're in a sufficiently lit room, it will appear black, as it should.

Yup, I can back this up. It's truly a non issue. Even if you are in a dark environment and happen to see a splotch on a black screen, as soon as something pops on the screen, it goes away.

Sintoid

Congrats, bro!

It this the platinum day?

PbRpml.jpg

YES, IT IS.

Shoutouts to RpgN and Laguna X for helping me with the bounties on Uncharted.

Lol, that damn GAU trophy XD

Vitacat

Just noticed 32GB mem cards are now $79.99 at Amazon. Still very expensive but it's good to see prices dropping.

A year from now maybe we'll see 64GB for that price.

Kazerei

Banned
Is Sony using this memory card format for anything besides Vita? It'll probably stay expensive until they start manufacturing in bigger bulk :\

Is Sony using this memory card format for anything besides Vita? It'll probably stay expensive until they start manufacturing in bigger bulk :\

Haven't seen it anywhere else, i was hoping it would replace the MemorySticks but so far all Sony cameras use MemoryStick and SD cards.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm not sure they ever said it would work unfortunately. If they are only using a modified psp emulator on the vita for the psone classics then I doubt we'll see a ps2 one anytime soon tbh.

Were there any PS1 games that had problems running on the PSP ? Performance issues..slowdown/stutter etc? Since PSP games do seem to run a bit better then I'd imagine they would have tweaked the emulator to take advantage of the vita anyway. If that is the case I'd understand them having to go through the titles more slowly as well to make sure they don't run too fast and everything else is alright....[i hope this is the reason]. Don't think we'll ever see an emulator like we have on PC where you can increase resolutions and add other effects to improve the appearance - so if the PSP ps1 emulator was alright, should be fine now.

=-=-
One more day. Get your memory cards ready.

What's biting the dust for you?

For me it will be a few GTA titles...really don't want to delete/backup any more Vita games.

Which one shall I hold onto? Got all 3 available - chinatown, san andreas and liberty city..last two are over a gb each...damn might need to get rid of more :'(

Skyzard

Banned
I just want both the gow hd collections on vita running at native res ans 60fps v-synced

I wouldn't be surprised if a GOW collection was coming especially if they don't announce an upcoming GOW for the Vita anytime soon. Just like they did with MGS. Wouldn't mind personally. Although the psp games felt a little lacking after GOW3 tbh. They seem to keep getting better, I would probably actually prefer an exclusive in this case...sorry to say it.

Kazzy

Which one shall I hold onto? Got all 3 available - chinatown, san andreas and liberty city..last two are over a gb each...damn might need to get rid of more :'(

I was really disappointed in how much I didn't get on with that game. I love the original GTA style, so it seemed like a sure thing, but there was just something that didn't quite jive for me.

I'm still playing my Vita, almost daily, but I got a little tired of not having a bona fide Vita title to play. This is my way of admitting that I caved, and ordered Project Diva F! I blame P4G being delayed.

I've been itching for a rhythm game for a while, and I've always heard favourable things about this series. I sure hope I like it!

Sid

I wouldn't be surprised if a GOW collection was coming especially if they don't announce an upcoming GOW for the Vita anytime soon. Just like they did with MGS. Wouldn't mind personally. Although the psp games felt a little lacking after GOW3 tbh. They seem to keep getting better, I would probably actually prefer an exclusive in this case...sorry to say it.
Yeah but no gow vita is in development yet at least by ssm and rad has moved on to a next gen game i really want the collections and an exclusive gow too

Skyzard

Banned
I was really disappointed in how much I didn't get on with that game. I love the original GTA style, so it seemed like a sure thing, but there was just something that didn't quite jive for me.

I'm still playing my Vita, almost daily, but I got a little tired of not having a bona fide Vita title to play. This is my way of admitting that I caved, and ordered Project Diva F! I blame P4G being delayed.

I've been itching for a rhythm game for a while, and I've always heard favourable things about this series. I sure hope I like it!

It's understandable, Sound Shapes (and actually that new & cheap SNK game The Next Space (retro shmup) has saved me for now. After 2 more months, we should be good for a long while. Hopefully Sony keeps up the announcements though.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm really enjoying the platforming aspect and the potential of the level editor. So damn fun for me. Some parts of the campaign weren't as good as people have made them out to be but none of it was bad. Some really fantastic community levels though. Really hope the game is updated and added to. Don't see myself deleting this one for a long time!

Yeah but no gow vita is in development yet at least by ssm and rad has moved on to a next gen game i really want the collections and an exclusive gow too

I'd expect to hear one of them (at least) soon enough...perhaps at TGS next month..but at least early next year. The series is a big name for sony these days, and it could ride on the publicity with their new game.

Sid

I'm really enjoying the platforming aspect and the potential of the level editor. So damn fun for me. Some parts of the campaign weren't as good as people have made them out to be but none of it was bad. Some really fantastic community levels though. Really hope the game is updated and added to. Don't see myself deleting this one for a long time!

I'd expect to hear one of them (at least) soon enough...perhaps at TGS next month..but at least early next year. The series is a big name for sony these days, and it could ride on the publicity with their new game.
Lol no way,gow is always announced at e3 and yeah gow and gt can turn the tide for vita if given the same effort as usual

cjkeats

Canada Gaffers may be interested in knowing that Amazon.ca has the "Solid Gold" edition pf P4:G up for pre-order. EB will probably follow later today whenever they get around to updating their store.

Hanmik

I just wanted to come in here to say the Beck levels in Sound Shapes fucking blew me away. They were incredible.

+1 they are amazing.. I was sitting and rocking to the tunes.. my wife looked (smiling) at me several times..

I just started Gravity Rush.. Great Game so far..!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Just to mention, I asked on the EU Blog about a PS1 sale of some sort last week for when the Vita update hits and the blog man said to "watch this space"

So here is hoping there is a big PS1 sale to celebrate the occasion, I would hold off buying any if the games just yet.

Also Rayman Origina looks fantastic on the Vita, along with games like Mutant Blobs and Sound Shapes I hope we get more really nice 2D styled games.

Is Sony using this memory card format for anything besides Vita? It'll probably stay expensive until they start manufacturing in bigger bulk :

I was hoping that we would have some knockoffs by now at a lower price that would in turn force Sony to make the official ones cheaper too, sadly there doesn't seem to be happening.

demigod

Just to mention, I asked on the EU Blog about a PS1 sale of some sort last week for when the Vita update hits and the blog man said to "watch this space"

So here is hoping there is a big PS1 sale to celebrate the occasion, I would hold off buying any if the games just yet.

Awesome, looking forward to the US sale!

j/k

Don't feel bad

China Town wars didn't jive with me either. I think because it's honestly sorta boring. Too much unfunny/uninteresting dialog and not enough actual gameplay. It's got a really bad gameplay loop in general outside of the drug trade, which itself is mostly pointless.
They should have just literally copied n' pasted the ol' GTA formula with minimal dialog and focused on the gameplay.

Honestly looking forward to Retro City Rampage because of this.

lepo

Yeah i say we should expect a japanese gamescom at tgs for vita or even better

This is almost their last chance to save the platform in the domestic market

They need to show something good and gain momentum before Christmas

lepo

I agree but what about the Vita Heaven-II ?

I can't see tha happening before tgs

Maybe they will do one in October/November to keep the momentum going
They could show some pso2 / ffx behind the scenes to keep people happy plus some minor announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom