• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

branny

I dont know if I can recommend the The 3rd Birthday. While the combat is fun and challenging, I feel like i am missing out on something in the story, having not played PE1 or 2.
The story in The 3rd Birthday is a complete and utter abomination; it's one of the worst stories to ever grace the medium, let alone the PSP. Playing PE1 and PE2 beforehand doesn't help with that, unfortunately.

NOTHING makes sense (Aya's ability and/or its usage with the Overdive machine, time travel inconsistencies, certain universe logic, obnoxiously oblivious or mishandled characters with equally ridiculous motivations, various scenario events, and, believe it or not, even other things).

It's best to simply turn off your brain whenever cutscenes start. You'd be drunk immediately if you took a shot every time something stupid happened. It makes FFVIII's poorly constructed mess of a story look like Ulysses. Some people at Square (like Motomu Toriyama and Kazushige Nojima) should've been fired years ago.

This, of course, has little to do with how the game actually plays, though.

The story in The 3rd Birthday is a complete and utter abomination; it's one of the worst stories to ever grace the medium, let alone the PSP. Playing PE1 and PE2 beforehand doesn't help with that, unfortunately.

NOTHING makes sense (Aya's ability and/or its usage with the Overdive machine, time travel inconsistencies, certain universe logic, obnoxiously oblivious or mishandled characters with equally ridiculous motivations, various scenario events, and, believe it or not, even other things).

It's best to simply turn off your brain whenever cutscenes start. You'd be drunk immediately if you took a shot every time something stupid happened. It makes the idiocy of FFVIII look like Ulysses. Some people at Square (like Motomu Toriyama and Kazushige Nojima) should've been fired years ago.

This, of course, has little to do with how the game actually plays, though.

Aww, why'd you have to go and say something like that. I don't know if we can be friends anymore now, branny. :p

Carl

Wonder if the firmware is tuesday morning or wednesday morning (UK time). Surely if they said tuesday at GamesCom it means tuesday Euro time...maybe. looking forward to it anyway. Off on holiday next month, so be good to have some PSOne games to play.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Wonder if the firmware is tuesday morning or wednesday morning (UK time). Surely if they said tuesday at GamesCom it means tuesday Euro time...maybe. looking forward to it anyway. Off on holiday next month, so be good to have some PSOne games to play.
I hope it's Wednesday morning. Europeans need to be punished for their awesome deals.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Kyon, Takao, and I are having an absolutely incredible Vita party and none of you guys are in it. What a shame.

Skyzard

Banned
lol^

Is there a list of PSN ids for you guys? I still haven't added anyone from GAF I don't think. I basically play my vita exclusively though these days.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
lol^

Is there a list of PSN ids for you guys? I still haven't added anyone from GAF I don't think. I basically play my vita exclusively though these days.
Most people have their PSNs in their profile, but there's also a rather dead list. I'm domify if you want to add me.

Edit: The Grim Heaper beat me and now I'll never be able to show my face again.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks guys, I'll have a flip through and start adding some people. My PSN is Yasir something in case you're wondering who's added you! Can't send messages from the vita from what I can tell.

Ran rp

lol^

There's actually a hidden google docs list. It used to be in the launch thread OP but was hidden because of lurkers who would vandalize it.

Quote to reveal:

Skyzard

Banned
PSY・S;41441266 said:
There's actually a hidden google docs list. It used to be in the launch thread OP but was hidden because of lurkers who would vandalize it.

Thanks, will go through this as well.

Vitacat

UPS tracking updated, my Vita is all set to arrive tomorrow. Excited yet apprehensive about the screen. But I'm hoping for the best.

Also preordered the limited/special editions of Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey on Amazon. I almost never buy such things, but I want Vita to do well, and both games look pretty great.

UPS tracking updated, my Vita is all set to arrive tomorrow. Excited yet apprehensive about the screen. But I'm hoping for the best.

Also preordered the limited/special editions of Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey on Amazon. I almost never buy such things, but I want Vita to do well, and both games look pretty great.
Good to... almost have you officially in the family.

Nothing. You can enter the chat I don't bite.

I'm going to bed soon, after hours is too much for my blood.

Besides, didn't you eat lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom