• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

b33r

Hey, how do you adjust the screen settings for the ps1 games? Someone said it looks best full screen with bi-linear filter on, but I can't find the option.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I really like the bubbles, but I agree that the PSP/PS1 bubbles suck.
The store has square icons for every PSP game that would look much better inside these bubbles then the tiny rectangles that don't even fit well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The store has square icons for every PSP game that would look much better inside these bubbles then the tiny rectangles that don't even fit well.

The issue is they don't allow custom user icons or the icons have to be a set image limit, IIRC the PSP allowed custom images until a firmware update broke them and now they have to be the PSN store size (those "squares") to even load otherwise the CFW just throws up Dracula from SotN as an error message that your image is too big. :/

Man building custom boot/hovers for the XMB (which I wish they'd allow as an option on the PSP2. :() was amazing and had a whole site database dedicated to having games with art and boot images and the like for them.

crinale

Now we have the right left-right only assignment of right analog stick for PSP titles. I guess it's obviously for PSP version of monster hunter :)

Iacobellis

Whoa, the brightness has 16 levels just like sound on iOS and OS X. Pretty sweet being able to control it with the directional pad now.

b33r

Hold the touch screen while playing PS1 games.

Thanks, just found this out. Disappointed that there isn't a way to just zoom it big enough so there is no gaps on top and bottom. Either that or zoomed to far in. Still SotN looks pretty on this.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm loving the rear scrolling in the web browser. No more screen-grease!

Mzo

Does the Vita's PS emulator support analog controls, unlike the PSP one? I assume it does but you never know for sure with these people.

Skyzard

Banned
Only in that you can turn on analogue mode. Not switch it around/assign various bits to it....I'm hoping they expand with it and add some of the features the vita's psp emulator has.

G-Police
Wipeout
The Gex games
N20

All fantastic!

Not enough space for a final fantasy...still haven't chosen which one to play yet...

Mzo

Only in that you can turn on analogue mode. Not switch it around/assign various bits to it....I'm hoping they expand with it and add some of the features the vita's psp emulator has.
I don't understand what you're trying to say, but if the emulator has full analog control through the sticks and maps L2/R2 to the rear touch pad then it'd be perfect compared to the gimped PSP one.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't understand what you're trying to say, but if the emulator has full analog control through the sticks and maps L2/R2 to the rear touch pad then it'd be perfect compared to the gimped PSP one.

Have you played a ps1 before?

there was an "analogue" button in the middle - switched to analogue on. That's all the ps1 emulator on psvita can do. Switches between inputting vita d-pad or analogue.

L2 and R2 are mapped to the rear touch pad. you can customise each button as well. you can't customise the analogue sticks or the touchscreen or the rearpad though.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I already deleted Super Stardust Delta and a few PSP games, but I now need to make the though decision of what to fill my last GB up with. Sony really needs to drop the memory card prices. I'd buy so many more PSP and PS1 games.

branny

Fiiiiiiiinnnnallly.

7878071300_41557bd8ac_c.jpg

It's now midnight. I have to be up for work in six hours. Ugh. Good night and good luck.
I don't even really care for FFIX, but that is so beautiful.

KalBalboa

Banned
I just played some MGS and tried out the rear touch with it.

It's pretty neat feeling, although I'm sure anyone who's played MGS2 or 3 HD on Vita will tell me that's old news.

Mzo

Have you played a ps1 before?

there was an "analogue" button in the middle - switched to analogue on. That's all the ps1 emulator on psvita can do. Switches between inputting vita d-pad or analogue.

L2 and R2 are mapped to the rear touch pad. you can customise each button as well. you can't customise the analogue sticks or the touchscreen or the rearpad though.
Yes I have, and I think I figured out what you were trying to say!

So the Vita emulator has a worthless software option to switch from digital to analog controls, mirroring the center button on the original Dual Shock controller? At least that answers my question that yes, the emulator uses analog controls unlike the PSP emulator, which is a huge upgrade. You wanted the ability to remap buttons to the sticks if the game doesn't support analog mode, but that probably won't be happening.

Are the L2 and R2 buttons mapped to the rear touch pad?

KalBalboa

Banned
Yes I have, and I think I figured out what you were trying to say!

So the Vita emulator has a worthless software option to switch from digital to analog controls, mirroring the center button on the original Dual Shock controller? At least that answers my question that yes, the emulator uses analog controls unlike the PSP emulator, which is a huge upgrade. You wanted the ability to remap buttons to the sticks if the game doesn't support analog mode, but that probably won't be happening.

Are the L2 and R2 buttons mapped to the rear touch pad?

Yup. I was playing MGS just now and using the rear touch for inventory.

Hmmm... so I moved 9/13 games to the Vita.
Couldn't move any of the Crash games.

Wish we'd have a sale so I could buy a good # of other games I'm missing.

L2/R2 on the rear touch is genius.
Looked pretty good from what I played of Medieval too.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Are PS1 saves tied to the bubble like Vita games or are they independent, like PSP games?

Hmmm... so I moved 9/13 games to the Vita.
Couldn't move any of the Crash games.

Wish we'd have a sale so I could buy a good # of other games I'm missing.

L2/R2 on the rear touch is genius.
Looked pretty good from what I played of Medieval too.
Despite telling you not to buy Soul Reaver, I'm actually interested to see how it plays on the Vita with the rear touch mapping now. So many good games and no space for them.

f@luS

More than a member.
Anybody know why i cant use flickr? I try to sign in but error a0000101. I installed it many times

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Somebody talk me down from buying a 32 GB card. I want to download all of my games on my Vita since I won't be able to use my PS3 until December, but on the other hand, they are eighty dollars, and I mean, that's eighty dollars, which, no matter how I look at it, is still eighty dollars.

Iacobellis

Somebody talk me down from buying a 32 GB card. I want to download all of my games on my Vita since I won't be able to use my PS3 until December, but on the other hand, they are eighty dollars, and I mean, that's eighty dollars, which, no matter how I look at it, is still eighty dollars.

How many gigs are all of your games?

Wow this really does look nice. Only played ff 8 but was amazed at how nice the colors look. And I am playing it in wide mode too. Normally I prefer my ps games at 4:3 but I want to use my entire OLED screen!

KalBalboa

Banned

Black Friday, my friend. They have to cave, or at least a retailer will.

Get 16gb? Thats what i'm highly considering right now. 4GB ain't cutting it at all for me and I had to delete some PSP games just to get others on there.

Iacobellis

PSP, PS1, and Vita games put together? I could probably fit them on a 16 GB card, but I'd hate to buy another card and then be forced to upgrade a second time down the line.

Well, two 16GB cards is more than one 32GB on Amazon. If $80 seems a lot to you, then go with the 16GB. When Sony releases higher capacity cards/does an official price drop, sell the 16GB and put that towards the 32GB.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Black Friday, my friend. They have to cave, or at least a retailer will.
Good point. Deleting my Kenzan videos is going to hurt though. I don't know what I'll do when Retro City Rampage and Jet Set Radio HD roll around.

Well, two 16GB cards is more than one 32GB on Amazon. If $80 seems a lot to you, then go with the 16GB. When Sony releases higher capacity cards/does an official price drop, sell the 16GB and put that towards the 32GB.
Is there a place that accepts used memory cards, or would my only option be to sell my memory card myself?

crinale

Looks like Atelier Totori for Vita was not a hoax after all. I think we'll see scans coming later today...

Edit: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8439/7878529802_b8f37417a7_o.jpg

Iacobellis

Good point. Deleting my Kenzan videos is going to hurt though. I don't know what I'll do when Retro City Rampage and Jet Set Radio HD roll around.

Is there a place that accepts used memory cards, or would my only option be to sell my memory card myself?

GameStop, but bleh. You could try to sell it on eBay or Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom