• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started up Final Fantasy VII and VIII on my Vita to see what they looked like, and I'm telling you it's breath-taking. They've never looked this good! The Vita will be the definitive way to play these games from now on, afaic...

ICyTK.jpg

We've waited too long for this, and needing a PS3 is bullshit, but I'm awfully glad we've finally got it...

Wow. Mind trip. I'm looking at this still and my mind is still registering the bubbles floating as if I was staring at an actual Vita screen.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
OLED makes Twisted Metal 2 look good again.
Can't wait until I get other PSX games on here. Oh man, 2D games are going to look so good.

orioto

Good Art™
So i just installed Motorstorm artic edge on my vita and it freeze the console when booting, just a black screen after the warning message. is that something known ?

Also no mention of ps1 games on european psn for now. I can't even redownload my ps1 games from the downloading history (got vagrant story and ffvii)

So i just installed Motorstorm artic edge on my vita and it freeze the console when booting, just a black screen after the warning message. is that something known ?

Also no mention of ps1 games on european psn for now. I can't even redownload my ps1 games from the downloading history (got vagrant story and ffvii)

Weird, i´ve been playing motorstorm lately and i had no problem...did you try to delete and install again?

Massa

Is the $19.99 retail price the official Sony msrp? If so, when the hell is the digital price gonna match it?

Seriously. I wanna buy this game digitally, but not for $16 more than retail. Damn.

UPDATE: just noticed several Vita games seem to be much cheaper retail than digital. WTF? For example, Hot Shots Golf and Modnation Racers are also 19.99 in every single store. But on PSN they are more. Again, WTF? Did I not pay enough extra for my 32GB card already?!

They dropped the prices for those games on August 14 and you expect the PSN store to be updated at the same time? Come on, be reasonable. Give them a few months.

Vitacat

So i just installed Motorstorm artic edge on my vita and it freeze the console when booting, just a black screen after the warning message. is that something known ?)

Hmm. Are you on the new update, 1.80? That game was pulled from PSN because apparently it can be used for hacking. So maybe 1.80 also blocks existing digital copies from even running. Just a wild guess.

They dropped the prices for those games on August 14 and you expect the PSN store to be updated at the same time? Come on, be reasonable. Give them a few months.

Oops, my bad. What was I thinking? :p LOL

Cornbread78

Have you checked the NA Vita compatability list?

It looks like a fair few of them are available via PS3 transfer, just not as many as in the EU. Still sucks though, I can't deny that. And if you don't have a PS3 you're royally screwed :/

I don't have many PS1 games on my PS3, but FFV, Castlevania Chronicles and the two others I had would not show up under my Content manager as eligible for transfer.

Prepare yourself to feel a strong urge to Ross your Vita against wall when playing Sound Shape's "Death Mode".

I'm more of an old school gamer so those types of things usually don't phase me. I keep coming back again and again until I overcome it. I still haven't gotten Bayonetta's plat but the higher difficulties definitely are rage-worthy, a lot of games I like this gen have that "old school" difficulty where they just don't hold your hand.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
The EU Blog updated with this weeks store update.

I am extremely busy today sorting out some PSOne deals for you due to the new PS Vita functionality announced earlier this week, so I do apologise for any delay in answering questions, but I’ll leap in as soon as I can.

Here is hoping we get a sale, or at least some sort of dealio on PS1 games, there are a bunch I would love to pick up at a reduced price.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Im so happy to have Alundra installed and working. I have been dying to replay it and the Vita is the ideal platform to do it. Here's hoping for a Vagrant Story price drop in the EU sale I was hovering over the buy button today so I will wait it out a while longer.

downloaded sound shapes this morning...played through a couple of levels and instantly fell in love...great little game...now sitting at work counting down the hours until I can get back to it.

sajj316

Oh shat, so if I redownload them onto my PS3, I can then transfer them? I totally missed that, duuhhhhhh

FFV isn't even on the list for NA...

Still dissappointed no Suikoden or Star Ocean on PSN or the list ....

Ya. Sucks but "that's just the way it is".

Regarding FFV, I doubt it'll ever come since its got a PSP edition. Who knows.

Surely you mean ex-girlfriend?

Dump that bitch

does that finally confirm that vita's screen is made of glass?

I hope that fee is coming out of her money. I'd go to the cops if not.

Yeah she is now the EX girlfriend, the police were already involved was a pretty heavy night that ended up with me in a police cell, things have been resolved regarding that now and she has admitted to lying to the police with allegations.

Wow, that sucks.

Pretty cool that Sony replace it on the cheap though.

Yeah pretty decent that they offer a cheap replacement, given that the cheapest I could find a 3G is £225

so something good came out of AbandonedTrolley´s misery after all..

I guess so! lol

Hanmik

Yeah she is now the EX girlfriend, the police were already involved was a pretty heavy night that ended up with me in a police cell, things have been resolved regarding that now and she has admitted to lying to the police with allegations.

wauw.. hope things work out for you in the end..

mauaus

So remember i posted this at the blog:

Dear SCEA,
1. You updated the MSRP for some titles, yet you dont change the prices on your digital side… what gives.
2. 9 titles for SCEA, over 140 for SCEE, and over 200 for SCEJ… whats wrong with this picture?? fyi… 9 isnt a good chunk if you compare to other regions…
3. Why do you hate the vita???
i hope you respond on this thread unlike the vita 1.80 post…
cheers,
Mauaus

This was their response:

+ Morgan Haro on August 28th, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:
1) were these 1st party titles? We can’t control the pricing of 3rd party content and the digital counterpart, but it’s something we’re looking at closely.
2) if you look up the word ‘chunk’ you’ll see it actually is a synonym for the number 9. (i’m kidding, as mentioned above, we’re working to get this number increased as quickly as possible)
3) we love the vita! there’s much to look forward to and you’ll be glad to be one of the early adopters when it’s all said and done.

Wow... apparently they dont know these:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
Little Deviants - $19.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

Are ALL first party... talk about an uninformed answer...

Takao

Banned

This was their response:

Little Deviants - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

Morgan posts on GAF, lol.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Exactly! She also smashed my 47" 3DTV too, so that's certainly another one for the accidental damage.

Damn man that sucks, she must have really hated your technology, don't think I saw you post anything about her back on NeoWin and her destructful ways, such a shame to wreck such nice things.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member

This was their response:

Little Deviants - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

So, they pretty much responded with a load of BS. SCEA sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom