• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sintoid

First I'm not being rude, I'm just saying that your scenario is kinda unrealistic considering how Sony is running things now.
Second I don't see any difficult moments.

Well at least it doesn't depend on Sony how a third party manage portings... And the moment is quite difficult for Vita, everybody knows it even the ones like me that love this console

what "difficult moment" are you talking about.

Do I live into a parallel world and now I'm jumped into another one where Vita has a lot of new games, annoncements and third party support?

Hanmik

Do I live into a parallel world and now I'm jumped into another one where Vita has a lot of new games, annoncements and third party support?

no you live in the same world as I do.. you just have a totally different outlook an that world.. there a many games out for the Vita, and many more coming. Just because the games do not suit your taste in games, doesn´t make them invisible for the rest of the world.
E3 had games announced for the Vita (not on stage but after the show), Gamescom showed new games and we have TGS just around the corner with new announcments..
Take a look at the Playstation blogs, they mention stuff for the vita all the time.

If you are talking sales wise for sony, then maybe yes it could be described as difficult times.. but not for the player, games are coming and lots of games are allready out..

wotter

Thoughts on Ecolibrium:

- Pay attention when doing the tutorials: they're all very small tasks but give very valuable information.
- You basically build an ecosystem starting from a blank canvas (a green hillside). You first plant trees that add vegation, moisture and minerals. Afterwards you populate it with animals (herbivors, carnivors or omni). They produce offspring and can evolve into alpha creatures.
- You place items in your ecosystem with the rear touchpad for placements. It sounds a bit weird because you never have a point of reference, but I think it works well enough.
- You can look around your ecosystem by holding the l+r buttons and using the vita as a sort of camera. It's pretty neat, but I prefer the regular analog stick to not look like an idiot on public transport.
- The hub is a giant, realistic looking earth-like world, where you can enter different worlds or (online) challenges. Reminds me a bit of the planets in lbp(2).
- There's a daily bonus (like tom blitz)
- You can unlock more animals and trees by buying them in the shop or completing tutorials/challenges
- Equilibrum is important: your carniv need other animals to eat, herbiv need plants, you have to create the right atmosphere for every living organism.
- You can take screenshots at any time (obviously)
- There's also an auction house to buy/sell items/animals/...
- Just noticed the playboxes that i bought yesterday for free now cost money, the also fixed the <br> in the xml files =).
- Fun stuff: in vr-mode (l+r buttons) try to touch the water, it behaves like jelly =)

Sid

Hey 2013 doesn't look too bad with:
-Killzone Mercenary
-Tearaway
-Ys Celceta
-Soul Sacrifice

With TGS,VGA's coming up the lineup has a good chance of getting better and there will be new game announcements next year,most likely.

pixelbox

So cool! Looks like Sony is setting a trend with treasure park and the use of near. My activity log alerted me that someone commented on my friends activity(which I didn't know it could do). I checked and there were like 8 comments on one trophy. We were all talking about how Tp worked and how to play. This is how near should be used although the activity log is part of the os and psn. I wonder if activities update once a day...From what I gather it only alerts for games.

I'm already hatin' the game.

Nah, but seriously, fuck the rear touchpad. lol

I think its great for web browser, facebook app and the lvl building in sound shapes. Hell even rowing in uncharted worked pretty well.

I think the key is finding a way to hold the vita comfortably without touching it... Once you have done that its great.

pixelbox

-killzone Mercenary
-Tearaway
-Ys Celceta
-Soul Sacrifice

With TGS,VGA's coming up the lineup has a good chance of getting better and there will be new game announcements next year,most likely.
When does Mercenaries come out?

Tiamant

Thoughts on Ecolibrium:

- Pay attention when doing the tutorials: they're all very small tasks but give very valuable information.
- You basically build an ecosystem starting from a blank canvas (a green hillside). You first plant trees that add vegation, moisture and minerals. Afterwards you populate it with animals (herbivors, carnivors or omni). They produce offspring and can evolve into alpha creatures.
- You place items in your ecosystem with the rear touchpad for placements. It sounds a bit weird because you never have a point of reference, but I think it works well enough.
- You can look around your ecosystem by holding the l+r buttons and using the vita as a sort of camera. It's pretty neat, but I prefer the regular analog stick to not look like an idiot on public transport.
- The hub is a giant, realistic looking earth-like world, where you can enter different worlds or (online) challenges. Reminds me a bit of the planets in lbp(2).
- You can unlock more animals and trees by buying them in the shop or completing tutorials/challenges
- Equilibrum is important: your carniv need other animals to eat, herbiv need plants, you have to create the right atmosphere for every living organism.
- Just noticed the playboxes that i bought yesterday for free now cost money, the also fixed the <br> in the xml files =).
- Fun stuff: in vr-mode (l+r buttons) try to touch the water, it behaves like jelly =)

Sounds fucking fantastic, one of my dream games made true.

Now get on Summon Dissidia Square-Enix!

I think its great for web browser, facebook app and the lvl building in sound shapes. Hell even rowing in uncharted worked pretty well.

I think the key is finding a way to hold the vita comfortably without touching it... Once you have done that its great.

Probably, but the most natural and comfortable way of holding the Vita will always have my fingers barely touching the touchpad, which is enough to be really annoying in games. It is, however, not enough to actually use to the touchpad properly. So if I have to use it I need to change the way I'm holding the Vita and I really don't care for that at all.

Sid

Tearaway. But i know that wont be for a while. Then there's AC. But im a really big fan of GG.
About the release dates i guess we'll just gave to wait and see,kz could be april or august who knows,same for tearaway though i think they'll be announced soon.

Sintoid

no you live in the same world as I do.. you just have a totally different outlook an that world.. there a many games out for the Vita, and many more coming. Just because the games do not suit your taste in games, doesn´t make them invisible for the rest of the world.
E3 had games announced for the Vita (not on stage but after the show), Gamescom showed new games and we have TGS just around the corner with new announcments..
Take a look at the Playstation blogs, they mention stuff for the vita all the time.

If you are talking sales wise for sony, then maybe yes it could be described as difficult times.. but not for the player, games are coming and lots of games are allready out..

Both you and Sid have got a point, there's a good number of games incoming but third party support still lacks deeper than ever. I'm ok with the games that are coming out but if no one buys Vita because there's no TP soon you'll see even small developers will abandon Vita ship...
Comunity needs to be heartened for the near future of Vita

Carl

Thoughts on Ecolibrium:

Sounds really good actually. Hype.

Hanmik

Both you and Sid have got a point, there's a good number of games incoming but third party support still lacks deeper than ever. I'm ok with the games that are coming out but if no one buys Vita because there's no TP soon you'll see even small developers will abandon Vita ship...

how would you define lack of third party support..?

I see all of these game scoming in the near future.. third party wise..

Call of Duty BLOPS: Declassified.
AC3: Liberation.
Ragnarok Odyssey.
Persona 4 Golden.
NFS: Most Wanted.
Fifa 13.
Dust 514:neocom
Street Fighter X Tekken.
Silent Hill Book of Memories.
Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD.
New Little King´s Story.
Jet Set Radio
Virtue´s Last Reward.
Soul Sacrifice.
Oddworld: Munch´s Oddysee HD.
Retro City Rampage.
Spy Hunter.
Guacamelee!
Sine Mora.
Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed.
LEGO Lord of the rings.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
Knytt Underground.

just to name some of the games I remember hearing about (maybe some of them have allrerady released or are cancelled, I´m not sure)..

Shinriji

JAPAN VITA PSN RANKING (Set 3 - Set 9)

1. Hatsune Miku: Project f (2220/4.91)
2. Assault Gunners (942/4.56)
3. Persona 4 Golden (2947/4.95)
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (649/4.77)
5. Special Report Division (214/4.56)
6. Dokuro (385/4.83)
7. Table Top Tanks (133/3.06)
8. Pawapuro 2012 (279/4.49)
9. Metal Gear Solid 3 HD (116/4.82)
10. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation (2588/4.47)

ASIA VITA PSN RANKING (August)

1. Persona 4 Golden
2. Ragnarok Odyssey
3. Hatsune Miku: Project f
4. Sound Shapes
5. Dynasty Warriors Next
6. Escape Plan
7. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
8. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
9. Gravity Rush
10. Metal Gear Solid HD Edition

pixelbox

I don't think sony will abandon ship. Most likely they will rebrand the handheld. As I said before, Sony sent me a servey asking alot about the ipad. Once the price is right they'll rebrand. Then you have to factor in Next Gen and it's cost. Itll be alot easier to make a game for the wii u and vita than next gen consoles and by that time the rebranding would have already taken place and the mindset will be alittle different for the vita. Vita and the wii u could be a nice opportunity for indie devs looking to do a little more than simplified games but don't have the budget to make a gen game.

Sintoid

Ragnarok Odyssey.
Persona 4 Golden.
Fifa 13.
Street Fighter X Tekken.
New Little King´s Story.
Jet Set Radio
Virtue´s Last Reward.
Soul Sacrifice.
Retro City Rampage.
Spy Hunter.
Guacamelee!
Sine Mora.
LEGO Lord of the rings.
Knytt Underground.

just to name some of the games I remember hearing about (maybe some of them have allrerady released or are cancelled, I´m not sure)..

Believe me, I'm not doing any holy crusade against Vita, in fact it's absolutely the opposite. But if you look at your list you can see a lot of games that only if you don't have any other console you will buy for sure. There's only Soul Sacrifice and AC Liberation that are exclusive. All the other games can be found in other platforms... that's not what I'm looking for. or at least It's not enough. And we know that Vita lacks of "personality", you can't blame ad user if he's not attracted by a console with mostly porting or multiplatform DD games in the works... :(

I know that Sony won't jump out PSVita... but I don't think that sole Sony's effort is enough to keep alive interest...

Takao

Banned
MUD – FIM Motocross World Championship
The only video game that exclusively features the MX1and MX2 Championships. The game includes all of the championship teams and motocross riders from the 2011 Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations.
Price: £31.99/€39.99/AU$59.95
PEGI: 7
Availability: Not available in BU,CR,IN,IS,KU,LU,QT,SA,SL,TK,UK
File Size: 577MB

Damn, this is already out?

Hanmik

Believe me, I'm not doing any holy crusade against Vita, in fact it's absolutely the opposite. But if you look at your list you can see a lot of games that only if you don't have any other console you will buy for sure. There's only Soul Sacrifice and AC Liberation that are exclusive. All the other games can be found in other platforms... that's not what I'm looking for. or at least It's not enough. And we know that Vita lacks of "personality", you can't blame ad user if he's not attracted by a console with mostly porting or multiplatform DD games in the works... :(

I know that Sony won't jump out PSVita... but I don't think that sole Sony's effort is enough to keep alive interest...

I´m not saying you are on a crusade.. no no..

but you seem to have split opinions.. First you ask for a Borderlands 2 Vita game, but now you are asking for games that are NOT on other consoles..?

Wanny

Some people doesn't care about PS3 and x360 anymore. So yes, I will buy ports. I recently discovered that Vita can provide the same level of gameplay than a PS3 can and even more. Also, nowadays, games looks like shit on PS3 compared to my PC (obviously) so I don't see the point of playing on PS3.

Less graphics, less gameplay. Funny enough, my Vita is more than capable to be my main console now.

Sintoid

I´m not saying you are on a crusade.. no no..

but you seem to have split opinions.. First you ask for a Borderlands 2 Vita game, but now you are asking for games that are NOT on other consoles..?

Nah, I already explained that I'd love a new way to port games to Vita, for example a Borderlands 2 Vita based on the enviroment of PS3 version (and so a lot of less work to do for the developers) BUT a different story, maybe new enemies and at this point cloud saving to use the same character in PS3/PSV version

That's what I think is the right way to make multiplatform PS3/PSV games, something like AC3/ACL

Thanks for the info. I haven't really been following it tbh. But based on what you are saying I might end up giving it a shot after all. Hell, I don't own a single vita game since launch so maybe I'll start with this.

And I had no idea you worked at MM. I loved Azure Palace level.

Are you working at Tarsier now? Didn't know that. I remember seeing your posts and your levels way back on LBP1. Congratulations. From neogaf right into the industry.

Haha thanks guys! Although, I work at neither place. I'm over at Sumo Digital, which works as one of the support studios for LBP (working on the Cross Controller DLC now). Did fly over to Tarsier to work with them on Vita though.

And man, the Azure Palace is a terrible level, gameplay-wise in hindsight... lol.

Hanmik

Haha thanks guys! Although, I work at neither place. I'm over at Sumo Digital, which works as one of the support studios for LBP (working on the Cross Controller DLC now). Did fly over to Tarsier to work with them on Vita though.

And man, the Azure Palace is a terrible level, gameplay-wise in hindsight... lol.

I do not know how much you worked on LBP Vita.. but I just need to tip my hat in your direction mate..!

-Killzone Mercenary
-Tearaway
-Ys Celceta
-Soul Sacrifice

Don't forget the tons of downloadable and indie games we'll see.

Elios83

At this point most of the franchises in the industry are multiplatform.
Creating a high budget game just for a single handheld which isn't selling well, is out of question for most of the developers unless Sony jumps in and makes deals to co-develop and advertise the product.
Also Call of Duty, Little King's Story, Silent Hill are not portings, and things like Persona 4 Golden are more like remakes.
The point with Vita is that it can only survive being a home to mid-budgeted great titles, indie games, digital releases and first party efforts making the difference in terms of quality and showing off the system's capabilities.
Unortunately those might not be enough to make the product a mass market device but that's pretty much a case closed at this point. In the current market it is more about establishing a successful niche for a specific target.

Sintoid

By the way, I finished Puddle yesterday... I really enjoyed it, hard, funny full of content. I loved the variety of enviroments and the quality of the level design, a little gem ^_^

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Ooh sunflowers is out today, I thought it was further away.

That, along with Ecolibrium and Ridge Race Type 4, well, I'm going to have a busy afternoon, lol. Shame Jet Set Radio isn't crossbuy, I would have totally picked it up.

I do not know how much you worked on LBP Vita.. but I just need to tip my hat in your direction mate..!

Thanks man! We have a couple gaffers who worked on the game as well which were way more involved than I was. I primarily worked on minigames, some bosses, and the occasional platforming stuff. :)

I remember seeing a nice Video with Donkey Show showing how it worked at E3..!

Embarassing... xD

ok, so no one around me is playing treasure park and its killing me. if anyone that plays it on a regular wants to add me please do so, would love to get into it... .willskate4free ... on the request please just put a message saying you're from gaf (i get a lot of requests i have to turn down and my list is almost full).

wish more people i knew would jump on the vita boat, such a great device.. been playing it more than my ps3 since i got the little devil on launch :)

Couriers finally decided to turn up today after 5 failed collections spanning 13 days. They now have my broken Vita, hopefully the turn around will be quick for my replacement from Sony.

Been speaking with a nice guy in the management team that started to overlook the whole shambles and is offering free games as way of compensation for the whole problem.

Snowballo

Still no footage, info, gameplay,... concerning Fifa 13 on Ps Vita? :(

sc537018.jpg

RpgN

ok, so no one around me is playing treasure park and its killing me. if anyone that plays it on a regular wants to add me please do so, would love to get into it... .willskate4free ... on the request please just put a message saying you're from gaf (i get a lot of requests i have to turn down and my list is almost full).

wish more people i knew would jump on the vita boat, such a great device.. been playing it more than my ps3 since i got the little devil on launch :)

Done. I definitely send one sheet a day and wouldn't mind more players for Treasure Park, the game turned out to be pretty fun.

kiyomi

Willadd4free.

;)

Done. I definitely send one sheet a day and wouldn't mind more players for Treasure Park, the game turned out to be pretty fun.

awesome, havent really had a chance to get into it.. besides the what the hell is going on tutorial and failing on finding the 2 treasures i havent had anyone around me or on my friends list post anything so no chance to make a judgment lol , so really looking forward to it.

Kerub

Banned

Ragnarok Odyssey.
Persona 4 Golden.
Fifa 13.
Street Fighter X Tekken.
New Little King´s Story.
Jet Set Radio
Virtue´s Last Reward.
Soul Sacrifice.
Retro City Rampage.
Spy Hunter.
Guacamelee!
Sine Mora.
LEGO Lord of the rings.
Knytt Underground.

What, there's a Knytt game coming to Vita!? I used to love Knytt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom