• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any UK Vitabro want to buy a download code for Gravity Rush? Check buy/sell thread or shoot me a PM. If I'm not allowed to write this here, tell me and I'll edit my post.

It's just that I don't think many EU Gaffers check the buy/sell thread right?

Vitacat

How is Motorstorm RC? It looks like one of those Off Road style games that I used to play in the arcade.

There's a free demo, check it out. I personally don't like it, but that may be partly due to my lingering resentment over not getting a traditional Motorstorm instead.

How is Motorstorm RC? It looks like one of those Off Road style games that I used to play in the arcade.

Absolutely loved it, also played it to Platinum and beyond and also all the DLC. Play from Arial camera, and you'll definitely relive the likes of Ironman's Off Road etc. (although these tracks are bigger than one screen so they'll scroll)

I think I probably put some 30hours on it (it's also cross play on PS3 btw), and was even more hooked on it than Angry Birds (has a similar 3-star addiction)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I didn't even realize there was a demo, so I'll definitely check that out. Like most games, it doesn't surprise me that there are opinions all over the board. :p

Also, any suggestions for good traveling solutions? I like physical media for my games, so I'll likely be buying most of my games in that format. I want something that protects the system and allows me to carry around most/all of my games.

Vitacat

I didn't even realize there was a demo, so I'll definitely check that out. Like most games, it doesn't surprise me that there are opinions all over the board. :p

Also, any suggestions for good traveling solutions? I like physical media for my games, so I'll likely be buying most of my games in that format. I want something that protects the system and allows me to carry around most/all of my games.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0072A4JTY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also saw it in Walmart for $20.

patsu

whew, I wonder what happened, must have forgotten to turn off something in the Vita, pretty sure it was near full charge

Happened to us occasionally, probably a bug.

Did you leave it in a game/app ?

I usually sleep my Vita in a LiveArea or Home screen.

Famassu

Just make sure to customize the controls to your liking. The default option can feel a bit shit. I personally liked to use X for gas & Square for brake, then the analogue stick so that it always turns left when pushing the analog stick left and vice versa for right.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just make sure to customize the controls to your liking. The default option can feel a bit shit. I personally liked to use X for gas & Square for brake, then the analogue stick so that it always turns left when pushing the analog stick left and vice versa for right.

Cool, thanks. That's exactly how I envisioned playing it, so it's good to know that I need to change it from the get go.

Also, your avatar is amazing. I'm not sure why it took me this long to notice it.

darkwing

Happened to us occasionally, probably a bug.

Did you leave it in a game/app ?

I usually sleep my Vita in a LiveArea or Home screen.

hmm I think left it open in the Music App but didn't have the song playing

anyways, finally gave in to the Lumines temptation and bought it in the PSN store

wow so much fun! and what is this World Block mode?

Wow... just watched the Wii U live presentation and from a Vita owner's perspective, it was pretty depressing... Really, this thing looks set to steal a lot of Vita thunder over the holiday sales season. Any sales boost we were hoping for from COD on Vita is probably not going to happen; Wii U will be the the system COD kids are clamouring for with Black Ops II on it and the ability to play from the WiiTablet screen or the TV... and the Monster Hunter on Wii U looks impressive as hell and has full cross-play with 3DS... And the number of quality games Ninty have got coming between now and March is scary... Actually, now I want a Wii U (as well as my Vita)...

Yopis

Wow... just watched the Wii U live presentation and from a Vita owner's perspective, it was pretty depressing... Really, this thing looks set to steal a lot of Vita thunder over the holiday sales season. Any sales boost we were hoping for from COD on Vita is probably not going to happen; Wii U will be the the system COD kids are clamouring for with Black Ops II on it and the ability to play from the WiiTablet screen or the TV... and the Monster Hunter on Wii U looks impressive as hell and has full cross-play with 3DS... And the number of quality games Ninty have got coming between now and March is scary... Actually, now I want a Wii U (as well as my Vita)...

Sony needs to step it up for us. With the Bayonetta announcement Wii U is on my radar at least. Still looking forward to Vita this holiday but I hear ya.

There's a free demo, check it out. I personally don't like it, but that may be partly due to my lingering resentment over not getting a traditional Motorstorm instead.

The game *was* free for Vita for a bit, not sure if it still is... I know I didn't pay for it or I probably wouldn't own it; this is why I only have the Vita version as well, because I didn't like the demo enough on the PS3 to give Sony money for it. :lol

patsu

Nintendo definitely plan their products much better than Sony ! ^_^

This fall will be overcrowded with gadgets (All sorts of Windows 8 gadgets, Apple's latest round of hardware upgrades, Samsung Android devices, Nintendo gaming machines, etc.). I won't expect Sony devices to gain any advantage without any major marketing and product rollout.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

The COD kids will not be clamoring for a Wii U.

I don't really think anything said today is going to change the Vita's prospects this holiday season. The Wii U unveiling was really underwhelming (for me anyway)- but the Vita's chances weren't any good to start with.

The COD kids will not be clamoring for a Wii U.

I don't really think anything said today is going to change the Vita's prospects this holiday season. The Wii U unveiling was really underwhelming (for me anyway)- but the Vita's chances weren't any good to start with.

Totally agreed. Aside from Bayonetta 2, nothing really jumps out, especially that price. Sheesh.

But thinking that the Vita would be saved this holiday season is very wishful thinking. Nobody's clamoring to buy this thing, and ports or older/current games, Assassin's Creed, and Call of Duty won't move many systems.

AwRy108

The thing is, so many of the WiiU's strongest games are also coming to the existing consoles, both of which are well-established devices--even among the casual gamers--with long-running lists of friends and proven services. I love buying new tech, but Nintendo has yet to show any WiiU software that would make my spend the $ on their console versus the huge rush of titles coming to the PS3/360 over the next 6 months that aren't making it to Nintendo's platform.

Ad far as the Vita goes, well, SONY's really under the gun to start delivering some original content for the thing; but this has been the case for months, and is not just an issue that's popping up under the shadow of the WiiU. IMHO, the Vita's strongest points are "dat screen" and its awesome set of PSN-connected features, but the only way you show any of that stuff off is by getting consumers to buy one.

I also fear that SONY's cross-buy initiative is going to have some negative effects when it comes to Vita-exclusive PSN content b/c it makes the system look so incredibly dependent on the PS3.

Well, Sony needs to completely blow everyone away at TGS with Vita support, but if anything from the past (E3, Gamescom) is an indicator of what they'll do... they're just letting the Vita die slowly by shoving other BS down our throats like Wonderbook.

patsu

the game is only selling on PSN as far as I´m informed.

MP .. haha... you mean 2 player local..?

I haven't read the game's reviews. Is it only for 2P local ? Would be a waste of the concept. I only saw tweets from some Japanese folks raving about their animals and the game. Since I don't understand Japanese fully, I assumed they were playing against their friends (remotely).

UNCyrus

I haven't read the game. Is it only for 2P local ? Would be a waste of the concept. I only saw tweets from some Japanese folks raving about their animals and the game. Since I don't understand Japanese fully, I assumed they were playing against their friends (remotely).

The game is only 2-player local as far as MP in concerned. Here's a glowingly positive review on it though.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/13/tokyo-jungle-review/

Can someone give me a brief impression of what it's like using the Vita over 3G, with AT&T in the U.S?

How much slower do things like the friends list load, etc? Do you show online, just like you do when using your Vita on Wifi?

Hanmik

I haven't read the game. Is it only for 2P local ? Would be a waste of the concept. I only saw tweets from some Japanese folks raving about their animals and the game. Since I don't understand Japanese fully, I assumed they were playing against their friends (remotely).

no it´s only 2 player local multiplayer.. and it quickly becomes very comfusing because of the bad graphics and the fact that you cannot eat an animal of the same species as the other player.. which will be your downfall, because the game will almost only spawn animals of that type and you cannot eat them..
but it´s fun for e very short time..

Wanny

People are so negative with Vita and just want it to die. That's why it's currently failing. It's like a "hype" train but "death" train currently. Vita is the best portable AND home console I ever owned so far. No games? All I did is play games on my Vita so far and I have hundreds of hours played. It totally killed any reasons I had to power on any other consoles. It has everything.

It's going to be our fault if the Vita dies. I personally think that Sony is doing an incredible job with it.

Vitacat

People are so negative with Vita and just want it to die. That's why it's currently failing. It's like a "hype" train but "death" train currently. Vita is the best portable AND home console I ever owned so far. No games? All I did is play games on my Vita so far and I have hundreds of hours played. It totally killed any reasons I had to power on any other consoles. It has everything.

It's going to be our fault if the Vita dies. I personally think that Sony is doing an incredible job with it.

I agree the Vita is amazing, and has lots of good games (depending on tastes).

I also agree it is the victim of some really epic trolling.

But Sony has really dropped the ball with promoting Vita and getting games on it. Also, SCEA sucks beyond belief. The slowest, most dense SCE division by far.

I agree the Vita is amazing, and has lots of good games (depending on tastes).

I also agree it is the victim of some really epic trolling.

But Sony has really dropped the ball with promoting Vita and getting games on it. Also, SCEA sucks beyond belief. The slowest, most dense SCE division by far.

Seriously. SCEA is like the king of trolls. How did they possibly manage to put out so few of the PSOne classics on launch of the support? How is Frobisher Says and Ecolibrium and all sorts of other games availalbe in EU which are in English *not* already on the NA PSN store? How has EU had sales on Vita games, PSP games, and PSOne games and all we've gotten is a few deals because of the Olympics or because a publisher decided to discount their catalog? I'm really not sure how they do that unless they're intentionally trying to troll the owners in NA.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Honestly as much as I love my Vita - it's the best handheld I've ever owned and will ever own - the negative vibe around the system is completely warranted. To put it bluntly, SCEA doesn't give a shit about the system. Never did and never will. When Sony doesn't care about the device why should the consumers?

It's the only system I've ever bought day 1. I love it to death and hope it succeeds.

But people need to be negative about it. SCEA doesn't really seem to care much and if people are too positive about it, expectations will fall flat. It's better to stay negative and be "blown away" by what may come next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom