• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannicus

How many announcements are we really expecting for the Vita at TGS? I mean at the most even at prior shows; we've gotten what 2 announcements 3 max? How many of the Vita games at TGS will be localized is the question. Importing is always an option but, do you guys think we'll get more than 3 unannounced titles for the Vita. We got a Social app with Open Me which I am trying to figure out but, couldnt they have purposely leaked something that would build a little more hype if it existed. I have great expectations for the Vita but, I'm tired of being let down at the major gaming shows.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, but PS3 RemotePlay support is also not universal.

At the end of the day, Sony need to consolidate its platforms together, better than what it's doing now -- without losing their identities.

It wasn't done via remote play. In MHP3rd HD for PS3 you could play with PSP owners who had MHP3rd.

Vitacat

How many announcements are we really expecting for the Vita at TGS? I mean at the most even at prior shows; we've gotten what 2 announcements 3 max? How many of the Vita games at TGS will be localized is the question. Importing is always an option but, do you guys think we'll get more than 3 unannounced titles for the Vita. We got a Social app with Open Me which I am trying to figure out but, couldnt they have purposely leaked something that would build a little more hype if it existed. I have great expectations for the Vita but, I'm tired of being let down at the major gaming shows.

We really have no idea. Hope for the best, wait and see.

However, I do think TGS is very important for Vita. AFAIK it's the last big trade show before holidays season. Now is the time for Sony to AT LEAST give people a sense that Vita is a product they believe in, and will continue to support for years to come.

spannicus

We really have no idea. Hope for the best, wait and see.

However, I do think TGS is very important for Vita. AFAIK it's the last big trade show before holidays season. Now is the time for Sony to AT LEAST give people a sense that Vita is a product they believe in, and will continue to support for years to come.

I am hoping Kojima reveals a project for the Vita. Asked him if ZoE is still coming multiple times knowing he would'nt answer because I'm not worthy and my money is from Gliese 51b. Sometimes I wish I was a Millionaire because I'd throw money at developers to make Vita games. Atleast I'm going to school to develop them but, by then the Vita will be an antique.

Famassu

I'd hope there's at least 6-7 big, new games or even megatons (at least three from Sony, maybe one from Square Enix, Capcom, Atlus & such devs/publishers) and a handful of smaller titles in the veins of Orgarhythm, DJMAX Technika, New Little King's Story etc.

Takao

Banned
I'd hope there's at least 6-7 big, new games or even megatons (at least three from Sony, maybe one from Square Enix, Capcom, Atlus & such devs/publishers) and a handful of smaller titles in the veins of Orgarhythm, DJMAX Technika, New Little King's Story etc.

I don't think Capcom has another new fighting game to port to Vita ... yet.

Toki767

Nothing Sony announces at TGS will even be out for the holidays. People wait to buy a system until the game they want is actually out, not when a game gets announced.

spannicus

If anything I can guarantee the PS3 will have an awesome showing. I'm still pissed over puppeteer not coming to the Vita.

RpgN

At the very least, Sony should announce some ports. Get Type-0, some Yakuza game, etc.

Sigh...why do you have to stab my heart and remind me of this game? It's been mentioned so many times for such a long time that I'm starting to lose it.

For all we know it could be a 3DS exclusive or not coming at all anymore. SE sucks these days. It's better to not expect anything.

Takao

Banned
Sigh...why do you have to stab my heart and remind me of this game? It's been mentioned so many times for such a long time that I'm starting to lose it.

For all we know it could be a 3DS exclusive or not coming at all anymore. SE sucks these days. It's better to not expect anything.

If it was for 3DS I suspect it would've already been announced as such. Nintendo likely wants the TGS focus to be on Wii U.

Nothing Sony announces at TGS will even be out for the holidays. People wait to buy a system until the game they want is actually out, not when a game gets announced.

Not really. Japanese handheld games often get announced a few months prior to release, and last year alone the majority of Vita's launch lineup was announced at TGS.

Bayonetta 2 exclusive is huge :O

Sorta, but not really. I liked Bayonetta and I want a sequel, but not enough to pony up over $400 to play it. MGS:R will hopefully fill all my Platinum action game needs and I can play Bayonetta 2 some point down the road if it ever gets ported to another platform.

RpgN

If it was for 3DS I suspect it would've already been announced as such. Nintendo likely wants the TGS focus to be on Wii U.

Let's hope so. Not that I would decline a 3DS version at this point, but the game feels right at home with those dual sticks and OLED screen :(

Sorta, but not really. I liked Bayonetta and I want a sequel, but not enough to pony up over $400 to play it. MGS:R will hopefully fill all my Platinum action game needs and I can play Bayonetta 2 some point down the road if it ever gets ported to another platform.

Nintendo actually publishing the game makes prospects of a port very dim. Same reason Demon's Souls never left the PS3.

lepo

but, couldnt they have purposely leaked something that would build a little more hype if it existed. I have great expectations for the Vita but, I'm tired of being let down at the major gaming shows.

They didn't leaked TearAway at Gamescom and that was a pretty big announcement for western territories

I rather sony not to leak anything before time and drop some bombs at the conference

Now about the titles that could be announced... well I was really hoping for Bayonetta 2 to be on vita , so that is a bit of a bummer

That said there's still some hopes for MH Frontier, since capcom is looking into a new platform for it. I am not sure how big of a deal this game is in Japan

Konami hopefully has something for it as well as Sony Japan studio

My dream conference would be:

Yosp goes on stage and says that The last guardian still exists and it has been moved to vita to show how much trust they have in the platform ( this is never going to happen) :)

MGS ground zero (downgraded) shown running on vita and confirmation that every game running on fox engine can be easily ported to vita

Gravity Rush 2

2d castlevania

Tales of (port or new)

FFX still confirmed ( show a couple of screenshots or something)

lepo

but, couldnt they have purposely leaked something that would build a little more hype if it existed. I have great expectations for the Vita but, I'm tired of being let down at the major gaming shows.

They didn't leaked TearAway at Gamescom and that was a pretty big announcement for western territories

I rather sony not to leak anything before time and drop some bombs at the conference

Now about the titles that could be announced... well I was really hoping for Bayonetta 2 to be on vita , so that is a bit of a bummer

That said there's still some hopes for MH Frontier, since capcom is looking into a new platform for it. I am not sure how big of a deal this game is in Japan

Konami hopefully has something for it as well as Sony Japan studio

My dream conference would be:

Yosp goes on stage and says that The last guardian still exists and it has been moved to vita to show how much trust they have in the platform ( this is never going to happen) :)

MGS ground zero (downgraded) shown running on vita and confirmation that every game running on fox engine can be easily ported to vita

Gravity Rush 2

2d castlevania

Tales of (port or new)

FFX still confirmed ( show a couple of screenshots or something)

Demon Souls sequel

persona 5

Takao

Banned
I'd be offended if Capcom announced MH Frontier for Vita, lol.

What I can see happening:
- Persona 4: Super Arena
- Tales of ___ enhanced port (think P4: Golden instead of Tales of Abyss on 3DS)
- Gundam Vs. Gundam NEXT Portable
- God Eater 2 port
- SRW PS3 port
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD International
- Final Fantasy X HD timed exclusive for Vita
- Yakuza HD Collection, or enhanced Black Panther Collection for Vita
- Over My Dead Body 2
- Demon's Souls 2

- Tales of ___ enhanced port (think P4: Golden instead of Tales of Abyss on 3DS)
- God Eater 2 port
- SRW PS3 port
- Over My Dead Body 2
- Demon's Souls 2

Type-0 HD on Vita
FFX HD releasedate, coming december to Japan.

Sid

- God Eater 2 port
- SRW PS3 port
- Over My Dead Body 2
- Demon's Souls 2
lol wtf is that?

Derrick01

Banned
I'm hoping that Dark Cloud 3 can get a vita announcement. Maybe if it's on a handheld instead of console it'll have a better chance of being made.

and also because Level 5 can't make anything good on a console anymore

Takao

Banned
I'm hoping that Dark Cloud 3 can get a vita announcement. Maybe if it's on a handheld instead of console it'll have a better chance of being made.

and also because Level 5 can't make anything good on a console anymore

Who would you want to make it? I suspect Level-5 wouldn't work with an IP they don't own anymore.

It wouldn't really surprise me. MH Frontier is probably going to end up being a free to play game and it wouldn't surprise me if they follow Sega's lead.

It's just ... can you imagine how sad it would be for Kawano to take the stage and announce Monster Hunter is coming to Vita ... it's Frontier G.

lepo

It's just ... can you imagine how sad it would be for Kawano to take the stage and announce Monster Hunter is coming to Vita ... it's Frontier G.

Is frontier such a bad game?
I've never been a MH fan so they look all the same to me ;)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

- God Eater 2 port
- SRW PS3 port
- Over My Dead Body 2
- Demon's Souls 2

I can only wish TGS was this good for the Vita.

My crazy off the rails predictions:

- ZOE HD port on the Vita will be shown and a brand new ZOE title will be announced for the Vita.
- Gran Turismo Vita
- Wild Arms 6
- Legend of Dragoon (remake). Yoshida wins and the series is brought back from the dead!
- Siren. Also a remake/HD ver.
- New Vita colors.

Most importantly:
- Kat and Hatsune Miku as playable characters in PSABR.

Takao

Banned
The list I created wasn't exactly out of this world. All of the third party games I put on there are ports, with the only two new games being from SCE.

Is frontier such a bad game?
I've never been a MH fan so they look all the same to me ;)

It's a many years old MMO. It wouldn't benefit from being on Vita, and Vita wouldn't benefit from it either.

jimmypython

- God Eater 2 port
- SRW PS3 port
- Over My Dead Body 2
- Demon's Souls 2

it will happen.

kewlmyc

- God Eater 2 port
- SRW PS3 port
- Over My Dead Body 2
- Demon's Souls 2
What is Tales of Innocence R? They already did that for the Vita and it didn't do so well apparantly. I can't see much of that happening as of right now, unless Sony does something about the Vita themselves. Sony isn't really giving any third parties any reason to develop for the Vita.

MisterC20XX

The way releases have been coming so slowly since launch I honestly never thought I'd have this problem with the Vita, but over the next couple months I want more games than I can afford!

• LittleBigPlanet
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Assassin's Creed III Liberation
  • Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

LBP are JSR are my "must haves" on the list above. Anyone else looking forward to the other games?

mauaus

All i want from capcom is a new Breath of Fire, or at least a dragon quarter re release for vita :D

By the way the ps blogcast is already up and theres NOTHING for US this week either... Shit SCEA, fucking wake up
club
already

Trigger

- God Eater 2 port
- SRW PS3 port
- Over My Dead Body 2
- Demon's Souls 2

I wouldn't mind a Vita port of P4A at all.

Derrick01

Banned
Who would you want to make it? I suspect Level-5 wouldn't work with an IP they don't own anymore.

I don't know the smaller studios who make handheld games. I'm sure most of the better ones could make as good if not better game than current Level 5 could though.

Doombear

At this point I wouldn't mind King of Monster Hunters '99. Just give me something on my Vita, made for my Vita specifically.

Playing MHP3rd HD Ver. on PS3 and it is bittersweet everytime I start it up. Would be so great if PSN wasn't region locked (I know that makes no sense at all, yes) and I could grab MHP3rd from the store with no fuss.

I would love one. ArcSys handheld ports are spectacular.

Takao

Banned

This is very likely to happen. Arcs has already done a perfect port of a fighter, and are working on another on Vita. This is in addition to the fact that Persona 4: The Golden sold very well on Vita. Atlus would be silly to pass it up.

it will happen.

I don't want to believe.

What is Tales of Innocence R? They already did that for the Vita and it didn't do so well apparantly. I can't see much of that happening as of right now, unless Sony does something about the Vita themselves. Sony isn't really giving any third parties any reason to develop for the Vita.

Innoncence R is a quasi-remake of a Tales game that wasn't the most popular or well received. I was hoping to get a more popular one like
Symphonia,
Vesperia, or Xillia.

Wasn't White Knight Chronicles PSP made by SCE Japan? They could make it themselvs if they wanted to.

It was made by Matrix Software, and from the reviews you don't want them making Dark Cloud, lol.

jimmypython

I guess it'd be cool if Vita got a Souls game, but I'd really never get it. I can't imagine how badly it'd perform.

The thing I want at TGS is something(s) that'd sell. That's it.

But do we want it to happen? Frontier is kinda lame.

Frontier is based on MH2Dos which has the best MH system IMHO. Hunting season change is fantastic. And content wise, Frontier never stops updating thanks to its MMO identity. They just announced its massive G version update for next year. I still think Frontier has the best MH experience beside its outdated graphic engine.

If a Vita port could bring it outside of Japan, I'd be very happy.

lepo

there this rumour going on about tales games announcements for vita:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643157-tales-of-innocence-r/63951062

according to the guy Tales of hearts R and Tales of destiny Director' s cut will be shown at tgs

bah we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom